“Mere Golf and Spa” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Mere Golf Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Knutsford
“Mere Golf and Spa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

Visting south manchester is not on the worlds highlights, so finding somewhere with that has a good location, gym and if it rocks your boat a golf course is a treat. The location is easy for the M6 and the Manchester motorway grid so you don't have to fight your way out of Manchester… Place is comfortable and peaceful and the spa a gym are a great place to beat out the stress of dealing with the City...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

The place where the whole family have something to do. Golf, Tennis, Accommodation, Spa, Restaurants ask what you like they will be able to accommodate you in your comfort. Lovely stuff they are very helpful and always there to give a warm welcome to every guest. Of course great food!

Room Tip: Junior suites for the family. Children will over the moon. :)
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

I proposed to my girlfriend now fiancée at the mere hotel. The room was absolutely amazing I had booked the junior suite which comes with it's own balcony there was also an open plan bath in the room which was a lovely touch. The bed was really comfortable and the room was very elegant and spacious. The food at browns restaurant is amazing complete with amazing cocktails and the music from the piano created a romantic evening. The spa is also amazing with lovely features in the spa and a really relaxed atmosphere which topped off out amazing weekend.

There is also a lovely golf course which I didn't get to play but will definitely do in the future.

On a side note the customer relations manager Lauren Yates was absolutely amazing, she helped me plan this lovely occasion and listened to all my suggestions and ideas and made the room look so beautiful for me and my fiancée, with a nice bottle of chilled prosecco and chocolate dipped strawberries waiting for us in the room and also spread the room with real rose petals. Lauren went over and beyond her duties to ensure my stay was as pleasurable as possible.

I would 100% recommend this hotel to everyone and also recommend you contact Lauren if you have any occasions that you want to do at this hotel.

Overall absolutely fantastic and even more happy my fiancée said yes!!

• Stayed January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
lauren_yates, Guest Relations Manager at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear AlexKnox86,

Firstly I would like to thank you personally for taking the time to share your very special guest experience with us.

May I say that it was my absolute pleasure to assist you with your preparations for the big proposal.

I am over joyed that it was a huge success and a day in which you will both remember forever.
From ALL the team here at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa – “Congratulations”

Best Wishes

Lauren
Durham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Great looking hotel and grounds. Bedrooms have great style and very clean. The only slight negative point from me was the breakfast. Ok for business stays but you can not beat a freshly cooked breakfast as it felt as shaffing dishes did not keep food well.
Great to wake up to the views over golf course and I would stop again.

Room Tip: Ask for a view over looking golf course.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Waddesdon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

We have stayed in many hotels, but this is by far and away the best hotel stay we have ever had. Every single member of staff greeted us with a smile and asked if we needed assistance and it seemed to me that they all genuinely loved working there and wanted to look after you.
The spa is amazing. The gym is pretty good, good cardio equipment and a small weights area with other equipment but it was the pool area that excelled for us. The pool was lovely 25m as was the jacuzzi area with a bed and jets. There were four different experience rooms, sauna, salt infusion, steam and Hamman, so by the time we came out we were extremely relaxed. They also have marble heated beds to relax on and you can order drinks from the bar. I managed to book a couple of massages for my wife and I and they were the best we have ever had, using my favourite Aromatherapy Associates products too! In the changing areas were more sauna and steam with a room for relaxing off the changing room.
We ate in the club bar for dinner, food and service was excellent and it was a lovely ambience. With live sky sports!
The rooms were excellent. Super king size SUPER comfy bed, great bathroom, quiet air con, everything you could need.
I really did not want to leave this hotel and want to return as it is the perfect place to to relax and unwind.
The owners have got everything right here, with good quality fixtures fittings decor, facilities, staff - all five star!
We will return…………..

Room Tip: The views are lovely if you want to sit in the window at the front of the hotel they are all quite
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
lauren_yates, Guest Relations Manager at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Butlerinservice,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your successful “Guest Journey” with us.

I was extremely pleased that you were greeted in a warm and friendly manner from all of the staff you encountered here at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa.

I would like to personally thank you for your glowing review especially regarding the spa treatments you received and I quote “The best we have ever had” Rest assured I will make sure the therapist are aware of your review.

I am thrilled to learn that you didn’t want to leave us and that you will both return again soon. Perhaps on your next visit you could make me aware of your arrival and I make sure that once again your stay is relaxing and memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back

Kind Regards

Lauren
east yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

Booked the Mere Double on a dinner bed and breakfast rate wasn't disappointed. Lovely greeting at reception, room was more then we could have wished for warm clean plenty of space including a balcony. The room had a table with 2 chairs and a sofa something most rooms in other hotels lack. The bathroom had a shower over a large bath and twin sinks. The room had plenty do lighting and mirrors. Plenty of tea and coffee with biscuits and wine glasses. A safe and a fridge. The rooms was decorated in neutral relaxing colours with heavy curtains to block out the light.
The Spa area was lovely and soothing pool very inviting with I think it was 4 different types of sauna and steam rooms all very clean and we'll maintained. A relaxing area with lounge beds and heated beds also
The food was totally amazing. We had a drink in the lounge area first very pleasant then dinner. The menu had a good choice of starters and main courses, all our choices of foods was superb and the staff were a pleasure. Breakfast has to be the best we have ever had and we stop in hotels regularly.
This hotel has definitely been put on top of my list of excellent hotels and look forward to a return visit soon

Room Tip: Whatever you choose I'm sure you won't be disappointed
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

Me and my boyfriend have just returned from a great spa break however checked out of the hotel feeling displeased and unsatisfied.
We were on a bed and breakfast rate.
Leading up to the check out, everything was perfect, the surprise champagne in the room went as planned, the spa facilities where immaculate and totally luxurious, the bed was amazingly comfortable, the room was cosy and modern and the staff helpful and polite. We decided to eat in The Browns restaurant because we had heard so many positive things about it and thought it could be a bit of a pain finding somewhere to eat off the resort. We decided to have a couple of cocktails in the resident bar before our meal. The setting was peaceful and the staff couldn't have been any more friendly.
We were then introduced to our waiter of the evening who gave us two menus; A la Carte menu and a smaller menu. We were then informed that we had a dinner allowance of £23 on the A la Carte menu or we could pick two courses from the smaller menu and would only have to pay for drinks and extra sides. I then questioned this information when we were informed of this because we did not realise that we were eligible for this allowance. He told us that we were eligible for the allowance and to chose accordingly. My boyfriend was overwhelmed at this and decided to get the £31 fillet steak. My boyfriend works in a three rosette restaurant and we have eaten in a lot of fine dining places but this was the most expensive fillet we had ever come across however with the allowance he thought he should give it a try. We ordered off the A la carte menu and got starters, mains and sides. The food was delicious and the service impeccable. We then enjoyed a glass of red and headed back to our room. We had decided not to pay there and then (wish we had of now) and just put it on the room bill to be paid when checking out. When checking out, we were given our room bill of £137. I had put champagne on the room too which cost £28 which left the food bill at £109. We questioned this because of the allowance we were 'entitled' to and the receptionist then went and got another lady to come and speak to us to 'resolve' the problem.
We were told there had been a 'miscommunication' and there was nothing the hotel could do? (very strange response). As the conversation continued we were repeatedly asked ' what are we expecting?', 'what would we like her to do?' and told that 'unfortunately its one of those things'. There was no good will gesture, there was no meeting us half way - nothing. Luckily my boyfriend had his debit card to pay the outstanding balance but a bill we thought was going to be £63 turned out to be £109. We now wish we had of eaten somewhere else because we would not have racked up a bill of £109 and probably would have left feeling happy. Had there have been a little leeway given on The Meres behalf we would have left very happy and satisfied. When asked about our experience by others when we returned home the first thing we mentioned is the fact that our perfect experience was tarnished and the unhelpfulness of the staff on reception. Yesterday I emailed the guest relations manager to which I am still awaiting a response - hopefully not the same as the ladies on reception.
This hotel was booked as it was a very special occasion and The Mere seemed like the perfect location.
I would have given the rating five had it not have been for the staff on reception and the inability to solve what at first was a minor issue.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
lauren_yates, Guest Relations Manager at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Meggygee,

Thank you for taking the time to discuss your recent stay with me today.

I hope that after our conversation you now feel assured that your query was dealt with appropriately and has been fully explained to you.

The menu options are there for guests to choose from but the inclusive menu is ideally designed for guests staying on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis. The Spa Breaks booking you made was for bed and breakfast only so therefore the Al a Carte menu that you chose was probably the better option.

As the package wasn’t booked directly with ourselves I am sincerely sorry that we were not able to do much more for you upon your departure.

As we discussed in detail I know on the whole you both enjoyed your stay with us and you were very kindly complimentary about our resort.

You now have my direct email address so please do feel free to contact me and let me know when you will be staying with us again in the future. I would like an opportunity to personally meet and greet you; it would be so nice to put a face to a name.

Kindest Regards

Lauren Yates
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knutsford
Cottons Hotel & Spa
The Chester Grosvenor
#4 of 45 in Chester
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,974 reviews
Doubletree by Hilton Chester

Been to The Mere Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!