“Not Mired at The Mere”

The Mere Golf Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Knutsford
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Spent this weekend with my partner at The Mere. She booked us into the Spa for a mud therapy which was certainly an experience. The staff were very attentive and the facilities were first rate.

The hotel itself was excellent and very luxurious. The rooms were immaculate with a very large TV and the most comfortable bed I can remember sharing.

The breakfast was top quality produce across the board. There were only a couple of small niggles. The cooked breakfast was serve yourself and the plates were almost too hot to hold. We ate at a very busy time and having only one toaster meant a bit of a traffic jam and delays waiting for people to cut their own slices of the excellent fresh loaves, and my partner found shell in her scrambled egg .... but at least she knew they were fresh. There were only slight delays in restocking the buffet tables with fresh pastries and hot food.

Overall a great break and recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
lauren_yates, Guest Relations Manager at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear LaCrosseRef,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review regarding your recent stay.

May I assure you that the “small niggles” you reported to us have now been passed on to our Food and Beverage Manager to prevent them from reoccurring again in the future. I would also like to thank you for your constructive feedback regarding this matter.

I can see that on the whole you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind compliments regarding our resort.

We hope you will be back soon

Kindest Regards

Lauren Yates

There are newer reviews for The Mere Golf Resort and Spa

Reviewed January 16, 2014

A group of us booked a spa day at The Mere and we had a truly wonderful and relaxing time. The facilities are as luxurious as you would expect but with enough added extras to make you appreciate that someone has really thought about how to make your visit special. The pool area is fabulous especially the jacuzzi and treatment rooms. The staff are attentive and friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. The changing rooms were spotless and really well designed so you never felt too crowded even when it was fairly busy. I have never seen so many neatly rolled towels in my life!
The food was very good, lovely and fresh with a great balance of healthy and luxurious, I only wish I had saved room for pudding!
The massage and facial I had was excellent and I really loved the Aromatherapy Associates products. Everywhere you went, the spa smelt wonderful. Little details, from heated treatment beds with flowers to look at underneath (if you could keep your eyes open!) to a little shot of sorbet to refresh you after and the lovely calm relaxation room with comfy beds and duvets, just went that extra mile. It was the perfect place to chill out and feel pampered. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Saladbomb
Reviewed January 9, 2014

My husband and I stayed at The Mere for a night in November as a sort of second chance after a previous stay where we had a few issues with the room. I really like this hotel and enjoyed our stay for the most part. Last time we ate in the main restaurant, which I thought was overpriced and fairly average. This time we ate dinner in the bar, the food was really good, service too and overall a far better value deal. Breakfast was delicious.

The room was nice, no problems this time! I think housekeeping could do with a little improvement, many of the surfaces in both the bathroom and bedroom had thick coverings of dust. My only other complaint is the spa area. The pool at The Mere is one of its best assets, however poolside resembles a council run leisure centre with towels strewn everywhere and empty cups left on tables. The cleaners/pool assistants really need to get their act together here. I even mentioned to one that they really should be clearing towels far more quickly, she gave me a load of attitude in return!

I would return to the mere as it's 90% great but there's still some room for improvement.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the golf course.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RGAnderson
lauren_yates, Guest Relations Manager at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear RGAnderson,

Thank you for revisiting The Mere Golf Resort and Spa and sharing your review with us.

I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed a pleasant dining experience.

A new Chef joined us recently and as a result we have issued an exciting mouth-watering menu, which I believe was the one you both sampled.

I have passed on your feedback to our Senior Manager’s both in Housekeeping and The Spa so we can make positive steps to prevent the same issues reoccurring. I would like to thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Should you stay with us again, please feel free to email me and make me aware of your arrival lauren.yates@themereresort.co.uk I will personally make sure you are well looked after.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I was taken to The Mere by my boyfriend as a birthday surprise treat away early December (sorry for the late review).

First impressions set some great expectations, which all were exceeded.

The check in/out was quick and efficient.

Dinner and drinks were excellent.

The decor and comfort of the room was brilliant with great views of the golf course.

We really did have such a lovely evening.

The package we had also included treatments on the Sunday. The Spa is just fantastic and the treatments, well...it was one of the best massages I have had.

Well done The Mere we loved this place. Highly recommended.

See you again soon.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful day today at The Mere Spa. We started our day with a Rasul mud treatment - bit apprehensive but it was great! Treatments were wonderful and loved the Aromatherapy Associates products that the therapists use.

The range of heat treatment rooms is really good, and the vitality pool is sooooo relaxing... Lots of jets to soothe tired muscles.

Age old problem of people reserving loungers with towels then disappearing for ages, especially around lunchtime, but pool area emptied mid-afternoon and we got to try out the heated loungers. Pool is refreshing temperature after all the heat treatments - and the ice fountain even more so!

Spa restaurant is really nice, laid back informal atmosphere and lovely food - although they seemed to be struggling with fulfilling orders, lots of things kept dropping off the set lunch menu as they ran out.

All in all, a fabulous day, and a successful birthday treat for my husband!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear CheshireHappybride,

Thank you for choosing The Mere Golf Resort and Spa to celebrate your special birthday.

Having personally tried and tested many spa products myself I have been totally converted to Aromatherapy Associates.

I have recently visited the Spa and had a consultation with one of therapist who advised me on the best skin care for my particular skin type, I am absolutely delighted with the results.

I hope you were able to enjoy the products as much as I do and hope that you will return to "The Best Spa by Far" for more well deserved relaxation and recuperation.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed here on Fri 20th January for a christmas party evening.

Check in was easy and our room was very nice with a lovely view from the window over the golf course.

We called in for a relaxing drink of Prosecco in the bar during the afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed a relaxing time.

The party night went really well with the food being better than a lot of the places we have been to in the past. The party room was wonderful and the large glitter balls on each table were a fantastic touch. We could not fault the meal and the party room.

There was a DJ and a live band for the entertainment and it has to be said that these were a particular highlight of the evening with the band being more than worth the trip.

I would recommend this hotel on service and relaxation as the whole atmosphere of the place was calm and pleasant.

Breakfast the next morning was another easy and relaxing way to start the day.

Overall this was definitely a trip worth making.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Aapierre,

Thank you for taking the time to write a glowing review of your Christmas party night at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa!!

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us including the band/live entertainment.

Don’t forget to book early if you wish to see us again next year, this year we started taking bookings as early as October.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stayed New Years Eve, package included bed and breakfast, gala dinner, and entertainment. Hotel was everything we wished for, beautiful surroundings, clean nicely decorated room, lovely bathroom with a range of wonderful toiletries. Staff were excellent, food was lovely. The evening started with champagne and canapes, the entertainment and dining area was beautifully decorated, everything was wonderful until the music started, the noise was unbearable at times. The DJ was encourging people to dance on tables and chairs, the choice of music was depressing. A live band performed a noisey routine, every song sounded the same, stopped enjoying myself. Would love to stay at The Mere again, but could not endure a party venue with that music ever again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
lauren_yates, Guest Relations Manager at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear DelisaSalford,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate your New Year’s Eve with us.

I was delighted to read that The Mere Golf Resort and Spa was everything you could have wished for on this special occasion.

We would like to express our sincere appreciation for recognising the team for being excellent staff and providing you with great customer service.

I was disappointed to learn that the band wasn’t to your taste which was a shame.
However the good news is we have a different band every year, hopefully you will be back again next year to see for yourself.

Wishing you all the very best 2014

Lauren Yates

Also consider these accommodations in or near Knutsford
Cottons Hotel & Spa
Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Carden Park Hotel
Carden Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxton

Been to The Mere Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!