The Mere Golf Resort and Spa
Ibis Budget Knutsford Tabley(Knutsford)(Great Value!)
$105
$141
Travelocity
$170
$148
Premier Inn Knutsford (Mere) Hotel(Knutsford)(Great Value!)
$95
PremierInn.com
$63
Travelodge
$126
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,339 results
All reviewsbrowns restaurantthe club loungesalt roomaromatherapy associatesoverlooking the lakechanging roomsafternoon teaunderfloor heatingrelaxation roomjunior suiteevening mealtreatment roomsbottle of proseccofood was lovelysteam roomrobes and slipperscar park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We arrived on a beautiful sunny day. The golf course and surrounding area looked lovely. We were greeted by very friendly staff who gave us all the information we needed about the hotel and gave us clear directions to our junior suite, which was fantastic! We had a super kingsize bed which was like sleeping on a cloud! There was a freestanding bath within the bedroom area and a beautiful bathroom with a wet room. We went to the spa which was excellent. Lovely pool for a swim, steam rooms, sauna etc.
We had afternoon tea in the golf lounge bar which was lovely and later on we dined at Browns which was second to none. The breakfast was also served in Browns and was of very high quality. All in all we had a lovely relaxing break and would highly recommend the Mere Hotel to all our friends.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank steph186337
lauren_yates, Guest Relations Manager at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Steph186337
Arriving to stay with us in November on a beautiful sunny day, can you imagine how picturesque we are in the summer?! Cocktails and balmy summer nights on the terrace outside our fabulous Club Lounge is simply a must!! A breath-taking view all year round is guaranteed.
Thank you for posting a wonderful review for us, I am pleased that your first impressions were positive and your welcome was friendly and informative.
I loved how you described our beds and I quote “Was like sleeping on a cloud” I couldn’t help but smile when I read that and I couldn’t have said it better myself.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and the last impression you leave with, once again I am delighted that your dining experience was enjoyable and of high quality.
Please do keep recommending us to friends and family, we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Best Wishes
Lauren

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We loved our stay and only because we have VERY high standards we couldn't quite award 5stars this time. The staff were most helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble.
General decor around the hotel was very well done; classy, chic and not OTT. Loved all the images on the walls were of the golf course.
The room (Junior suite) was wonderful, such sumptuous decor and excellent blackout curtains as well as windows being very well glazed to block out the planes overhead. The heated floor in bathroom and bath as well as shower nice touch. Lovely toiletries and good amount of towels too.
The golf course is a beautiful setting and a god challenge says the husband!
The spa is one of the best we've been too and we've tried a few in our time! There only a couple of kids (who weren't too noisy), a good variety of rooms with the nicest fragranced aroma steam and hamman I've ever experienced and a great little vitality pool with loads of massaging jets = FAB.
The little niggles that kept it from 5star from us were - Afternoon Tea "had" to be served in the Spa lounge, deposited asking 2 diff staff members was there no-where else. The (golf) club lounge or even the lobby lounge area would've been nicer than the Spa lounge with all the guest in dressing gowns (we obv weren't!!). The breakfast lacked variety on the continental side - poor pastry selection and cheese/meat selection, although fruit and all hot options (to order) were varied. Browns was also quite open and not very intimate. One final thing (altho really I should be saying this to the hotel(!!) - The Spa lacked a couple of little touches like candles or nice oils burning on the windowsill on way down to it and a nice herbal tea "on-tap" as well as water.
All in all, we did love it, we will be back - we are just hard to please!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank missile
Reviewed November 1, 2013

What else can I say but such a beautiful hotel. From the minute we arrived in the car park(don't be put off by all the luxury cars parked) I thought oh dear this might be snobbish ! But proved wrong I was the hotel reception staff were lovely and so chatty and very welcoming. We arrived a few hours early due to having treatments booked in the spa but was asked could our bags be stored could they be taken straight to our room once it was ready, nothing was a bother to the staff. Went to the spa where we were greeted wonderfully and seen to immediately. Our treatment was great and very relaxing. Pool area was very chilled but not over crowded. When we got to our room after all our bags were taken up and our clothes hung up we were very impressed beautiful room amazing views just perfect. Food good on the package but maybe more choice would be beneficial but my food was lovely and whole atmosphere around hotel is just perfect. Only little niggle was that upon arriving home we realised we had paid full price for spa treatment and not been given the 20% discount . Will certainly be booking another visit to this beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: Our first floor room over looking the lake was lovely
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vicky K
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My friend and myself spent one night at this fantastic hotel and we will be visiting it again.The facilities are excellent and the staff were extremely helpful.Joanne in Browns was first class and could not have been more helpful. The evening meal of fish and chips was the best we have ever tasted .
The spa facilities are amazing and you leave feeling totally relaxed.We would recommend that you have a treatment when you arrive. Brilliant Hotel and I will be recommending it to my friends.

Room Tip: Have a treatment at the spa and you must try the fish and chips.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
lauren_yates, Guest Relations Manager at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Dear Fiona K

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will of course pass on your lovely comments to Joanne in our Restaurant. I know she will be thrilled to have been mentioned for her excellent efforts in contributing towards your successful stay with us.

Please do recommend us to ALL your friends and family, we will make sure that they leave us feeling as relaxed as you did.

Thank you for the glowing review!!

Kind Regards

Lauren Yates

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We recently got married overseas & were having a party back at home too so we decided to treat ourselves on our special occasion to a night at this hotel as it is particularly known in the area. Well I must say we were nothing but disappointed with our stay. Yes the staff are friendly & yes the rooms are nice but shouldn't they be when you are paying top prices. The whole experience lacked the 'wow' factor really. Nothing made it stand out from any other hotel which we expected it would.

We booked a superior double & were surprised when we were taken downstairs. It felt like we were being taken into the basement! We had French doors leading outside on what we presumed would be a nice patio area with table & chairs but instead we just faced a brick wall.

We then went to the Spa which again was ok but I've been to nicer & it was full of children. Don't get me wrong I quite like children (I have 2 of my own) but when you book a spa hotel you don't expect to have to share the facilities with them. Why wouldn't they build a specialised children's pool & keep the 2 things separate. How can you have a Spa & a children's friendly pool in such a small space???

Breakfast in the morning was chaos! The breakfast dining area is in the lobby (a bit like a holiday inn express!) The food was ok but again lacked any kind of wow factor or variety. I'm a vegetarian & there was no hot alternative advertised. I just had mushrooms, scrambled egg & beans - hardly 5 star! There were unset tables everywhere. & you just wanted to eat & get out ASAP!

Overall we still had a nice time but we could have stayed at the Premier Inn down the road for the same experience but half the price! Very disappointed & wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Albon_Rudd

Thank you for posting a review regarding your recent stay with us.

We appreciate your feedback and are extremely disappointed to learn that you felt our hotel didn’t live up to the high standards set here at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa.

I would very much like to discuss your comments in more detail over the telephone and hope to restore your faith back into us at The Mere.

My contact telephone number is 01565 830155, I very much look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Yours Sincerely