“Top quality luxury with amazing friendly staff”

The Mere Golf Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Knutsford
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Top quality luxury with amazing friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I went away recently with my partner for a night and we were overwhelmed by hotel! It is very beautiful and we felt relaxed straight away. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

The room was perfect and everywhere was so clean! I had a coupe of spa treatments which were nice but I have had better for a much cheaper price. The swimming pool and facilities were top quality and I would definitely come back.

An amazing place for a break away.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
lauren_yates, Guest Relations Manager at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience with us.
I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and by the sounds of it you both left feeling relaxed and recuperated.
It is always very rewarding to learn of “Amazingly friendly staff” and I am delighted you left feeling that we delivered this.
May I take this opportunity to thank you for choosing The Mere Golf Resort and Spa and we look forward to welcoming you both back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Where do I start? We were looking for a bit of luxury not too far from home and we found it at The Mere!!
This was our first night away as a couple for many years and as our eldest is approaching 18 we felt we could leave him in charge of his two brothers. From the moment we arrived we felt like celebs, we weren't used to someone taking the bags to our room as they don't seem to offer this service at Butlins!
The room was lovely, the spa a treat and the food excellent, especially the afternoon tea. We are now calling it our couples retreat. We have booked to come back in July and October, the perfect way to spoil the Mother in Law for her 60th!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
“Couples Retreat” I couldn’t have said it better myself,
I always find it a great compliment to learn guests that live so close by choose to stay at our Resort. It is a pleasure to see that you have rebooked and will return to us very soon.
Please do feel free to contact/email me directly at the hotel and allow me the honour of helping make the 60th Birthday celebration one to remember.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

My new husband and myself stayed here for two nights for our 'mini-moon' from Sunday 14 April and would not hesitate to stay again. We booked earlier that day, having called a few places who were fully booked, and were offered the 'Step into Spring' offer which included two nights' bed & breakfast accommodation, full use of the spa facilities and three course dinner on the first evening.

We checked in at around 5.40pm on Sunday, giving us just over an hour to unpack our things and get ready for our dinner reservation at 7pm. We stayed in a Mere Double room which was gorgeous - the bathroom had his 'n' hers sinks and some lovely toiletries, the 'Mere-Kat' on the bed was a cute touch, the view of the Mere was beautiful and the bed was huge and incredibly comfortable (we noticed it was two single beds pushed together but this didn't bother us in the slightest).

Browns restaurant was very quiet when we were seated for dinner, however it had only just opened and it did start to fill up over the next hour. The meal was outstanding - we chose the trout and mussels for starters, the lamb and tuna for main courses then both had the banana creme brulee for dessert. We couldn't fault the food or service, it was all fantastic and the fat chips were the best we've ever tasted! We ordered two Kir Royales and the waiter arrived with four - he advised the bar tender had made a mistake with the first batch and had made us two more but he gave us the mistakes too and we thought this was very honest and a nice gesture.

We had room service breakfast of smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on Monday morning which was delicious. Following a lazy morning, we used the spa facilities which were lovely. Children are only allowed in the pool area at allocated times of the day which is perfect for us, the thermal experience was a nice touch, there were plenty of loungers and we were given the option of having drinks brought from the bar to poolside. Having strolled around the grounds in the afternoon we enjoyed a two-course dinner in the Club Lounge and Bar which serves more casual, pub-style food. The crispy squid for starter and huge burgers for our mains were excellent. We had to call reception from our room twice on Monday night, once to ask for an ice bucket and champagne flutes and the second time to request a replacement remote control as ours was playing up, and both times we received friendly and efficient service.

After a delicious breakfast in Browns on Tuesday morning (including the best scrambled eggs we've had in a long time!) we checked out at around 9.40am and were assured we were free to use the spa facilities for the remainder of the day. We had booked two treatments so entered the spa for our first at 10am. We had the couples' Rasul Mud Heaven first which was lovely, and thought the iced water and fruit sorbet after each treatment was a very thoughtful addition. We then retreated to the loungers of the deep relax room which held magazines, calming music and more iced water. After using the pool again we returned for our second treatments at 1pm - I had the Ultra-Relaxing Facial and my husband the De-Stress Muscle Release and we were thoroughly blissed out afterwards! So much so we found it difficult to leave for the drive home...

In all we had a fabulous, relaxing 'mini-moon' and cannot wait to stay at The Mere again. Neither of us are golfers so I'm sure if we were we would enjoy the resort even more. The food, drinks and spa treatments are very reasonably priced for the standard you receive and the surroundings are beautiful. Thank you to The Mere for making our first break as husband and wife so memorable!

1 Thank Princess146
Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing The Mere Golf Resort and Spa to celebrate your “Mini Moon” with us.
I was so pleased to read your glowing review and am thrilled you were able to experience and enjoy all elements of your stay.
I have to agree with you the Banana Crème Brulee is pretty spectacular!! A personal favourite!!
I hope that you went on to enjoy your scheduled honeymoon and that you will return to us again in the not so distant future for more wonderful memories.
Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I arrived at the hotel on Thursday afternoon and the weather was horrible (not the hotels fault I know), anyway, I got my daughter and the things out the car and made our way to reception.
Checked in and made our way through to our room.

I was greeted as I made my way round by a young man who offered to help us with our bags and my daughters carry cot I was struggling with.
He carried this and one of the bags round to our room despite the fact he was going the opposite way and even put it up.

A while later, i went back out to get some more things from the car, and he was on hand to help again! So refreshing to be offered help with a smile and he was so helpful saying he would check what time kids swimming time was for us as he was new and come back to me.
with customer service and a nice way with both myself and my daughter, a credit to you.

As for the rest of the hotel, lovely surroundings, great food and my husband says fantastic golf.
Price is what you expect, it isnt any 3* hotel.

Would not hesitate to book again and hoping to come back soon with the girls.

Room Tip: 124 is nice!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
lauren_yates, Guest Relations Manager at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to a post a review.
I read this review and it made me smile, I know which member of concierge staff you are referring to and I will make sure he is recognised for delivering excellent customer service.
It’s nice to learn you appreciated the lovely surroundings, great food and fantastic golf facilities.
We are still a relatively new hotel and currently ranked 4* however we are striving every day to become 5* property.
We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon to The Mere Golf Resort and Spa
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

What a wonderful Friday night treat. From checkin to check out our stay was perfect. The room was spacious, well presented and comfortable. Our two course dinner in 'Brown's' restaurant was exceptional - food presentation, taste and service. Breakfast was lovely and the fresh orange juice served when you sat down was a nice touch. We spent most of Saturday in the Spa and although busy at times not uncomfortable. We booked on the Friday night fizz offer and I don't think it will be our last visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your lovely review regarding you “Fizz Friday” stay.
I am pleased to read that you felt our rooms were spacious, well presented and comfortable – The basis to a great stay!!
I well pass on your feedback to all in our Browns Restaurant as I am sure they will be thrilled to know you that you thought our food and service was “Exceptional”
Manchester UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Came for a Spa Day for my mums 70th Birthday. Decor beautiful and suprised at the level of luxury. The treatments Rasul and Massage were wonderful and the staff were warm, welcoming and professional. Had lunch which was delicious. The pool area is fantastic. Plenty of loungers and bright and very tranquil. I cannot wait to bring my husband here. I've been harping on about it for the last couple of weeks! Can't beleive I haven't been here before and it's practically on my doorstep. Wonderful, wonderful experience! Will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for choosing The Mere Golf Resort and Spa to celebrate your mothers 70th Birthday
I will pass on your wonderful feedback to all at the Spa, I am sure they will be very happy to learn of your great experience.
Please do contact me directly when you wish to rebook with your husband and I will make sure that you receive the VIP treatment!!
PRESTON ENGLAND
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Warm welcome awated us when we checked in for a two night stay....the room we booked was a club room and had everything we needed, and was spotlessly clean.

The only down side was we tried to reserve A round of golf for the Saturday Two weeks in advance and they could not fit my hudband in due to an event so we booked him in for the only time available on the Friday ( there are restictions due to members which we understand) i then tried to booked myself a spa treatmet at the same time, no availabitlity at all !!!!! very dissapointing ..

so i enjoyed a glass of wine and a sandwich talking to the very nice staff while husband played golf..

the food in Browns is first class, we ate there both nights and at breakfast

and we did make use of the spa ....which should not be missed, world class!!!!!

we will return !!!

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.
It was wonderful to learn that you were impressed with the “Warm Welcome” you received from our reception team, I lasting impression I see!!
Whilst our golf and Spa are very popular I am very pleased to read that you were able to use these facilities during your stay with us.
Lauren
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knutsford
Cottons Hotel & Spa
Carden Park Hotel
Carden Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxton
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,259 reviews

Been to The Mere Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!