“Another business stopover”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Knutsford
Falkirk
“Another business stopover”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I needed somewhere between Chorley and Preston, got my sense of direction muddled, ended up well south of both but it was so worth it! The welcome started from the brick entrance and gentle drive to the hotel- the interior was definately not what I would have expected from the outside. The exterior classic and elegant, the interior modern and chic- staff were all friendly and professional and suitcase taken to my room whilst I had a very late lunch. My room, with balcony, overlooked the golf course and was spacious and a delight. Loved the mugs instead of cups, Merecat sitting on the bed was a cute touch. Remember to take your shoes off, (I always do when I enter a bedroom anyway), the delight of discovering the bathroom had heated flooring produced a few delighted giggles Treated myself to an aromatherapy massage in the evening- the extra miles I had to drive to get to the hotel suddenly not mattering. Wifi free, parking plenty and only downside-- £5.00 service charge when delivering food to the room. Breakfast lived up to the rest of the hotel. Definately stay here again even if it is 40 miles south of where I actually needed to be

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank KatieS6KTN
Tom D, Manager at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your recent review regarding you recent stay with us, I was deligted to read about your experience and very much hope you will visit us again!

Once again many thanks

Jessica

Jessica Bennett, Rooms Divison Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I recently stayed at The Mere with my friend for a special spa treat and it didn't disappoint! The spa facilities are fantastic and perfect for our mission of 2 days of pampering! Our room was lovely and the beds were SO comfortable we nearly slept in and only just made breakfast! The staff were all really friendly and couldn't do enough to assist us which really made our stay.

We really enjoyed all the meals we had whilst we were there, we only ate in the spa lounge but I can really recommend the risotto and the creme brûlée! My only complaint was my friend reacted badly to the toiletries that are provided in the room and ended up with a rash. We didn't recognise the brand so don't know if they are ok for all types of skin but we will just bring our own next time! Will definitely be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Samantha3968
Emsworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed at the Mere prior to flying from Manchester airport. It was the best night sleep in a really comfortable bed I thought I may not wake up! The spa factilities were really great and relaxing. Browns restaurant was excellent and the staff were all helpful and friendly. All in a comfortable and relaxing night prior to a long flight - fantastic.

Room Tip: The hotel is new and the rooms are very clean and modern.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pamhanway
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Spent the day on Saturday with my daughter at the Spa, our Birthday treat from my husband and son. Treatments were fantastic, very courteous and professional service. Enjoyed the pool and facilities although would have been nice to be served drinks while relaxing at pool area. Lunch very enjoyable, included in the package. Disappointed in one member of the Spa staff who was not very welcoming or helpful when approached otherwise a perfect relaxing day!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lynn R
Tom D, Manager at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank-you for your review on your recent spa visit. Delighted to hear you enjoyed your day with us, we do serve drinks by the poolside and I am sorry you missed this service.

If you could contact me directly I would like to gain some details about the member of staff you spoke to; as customer service, as you can see from previous reviews, is our highest priority.

Many thanks

Tom

Tom Davies, Resort Operations Manager
Bedale, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Just returned from a fantastic weekend spa break at The Mere. We stayed in a Mere Double which was a beautiful room with luxurious fixtures and fittings. Loved the attention to detail in the room, . Loved the huge bed and the lovely lamps. The bathroom was big and well lit and loved the little lights in the wardrobes ! The hotel is spotless whereever you went and the service from the staff excellent. We had a whole day in the Spa being pampered and enjoyed using the leisure facilities. Brown's restaurant had a lovely choice of meals but we chose to eat in the Golf Bar which was simpler but still extremely enjoyable. Can fully recommend the Salmon and the desserts of Sticky Toffee Pudding and Apricot Creme Caramel. Full English Breakfast in the morning - self service so eat as much as you like - excellent ! We will definitely be going again soon :-)

Room Tip: Dont feel pressured to chose a suite or large room - we had the Mere Double and it was a huge bed an...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sexyfunkymonkey
Tom D, Manager at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank-you for taking the time to write this fantastic review; I will personally pass all of your great feedback onto the team.

We hope it isn’t a year until your next visit; you could take a look at some of our fantastic Christmas spa breaks.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you want to book as I would like to personally thank-you for your review.

Many thanks
Tom

Tom Davies, Resort Operations Manager
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This 1 night break was from a competition I had won, and although it was 3hrs away from our hometown, I was definitely not giving it up!
We had a normal standard double bedroom that was decorated to a very good quality. There were so many different lamps in the room, which most of the time you needed on, because even in the day, the room was quite dark. It overlooked onto a small section of the golf resort, but we also got a fantastic view of the lake.

The bed was extra comfy and the meerkat soft toy was a nice extra touch.

Complimentary bath robes and slippers were provided, as well as tea/coffee making facilities. The fridge was well stocked with goodies, although we didn't delve into these as they were a little over priced.

The bathroom was very spacious, having a double sink, heated towel rail and a lovely power shower. Complimentary shower products were also provided.

Lots of work space for business travellers.

Can't comment on room service as we didn't order anything, however we did sample the golf lunch bar in the day and everything was reasonably priced and the food was of a good standard. This got filled with golfers very quickly (we also spotted a few famous snooker players whilst in here!).

In the evening we sampled Brown's cafe which was extremely nice although quite expensive (although probably not expensive for regulars!). A 2 course meal and 1 round of drinks came to almost £70. However the staff were really friendly and helpful.

The continental breakfast the next morning was fantastic too. Such a massive variety of foods to choose from. I obviously went for the full English (it's gotta be done!) and it was divine.

The reception staff were also very helpful, ordering us a taxi the next morning to take the short ride into Knutsford.

Unfortunately I forgot my swimwear so didn't get to sample the pool/spa area.

Overall, brilliant hotel, very high quality in all ways.

Only downside, this definitely is a hotel just for golfers. During the day we went to venture out on foot to see what we could find, and there was nothing for miles, so because we were there due to winning a competition and nothing else (i.e. to play golf) we got bored pretty quick. I'm sure my OH would have been satisfied laid on the bed all day watching TV and relaxing, but I get itchy feet and want to explore! We did have a good wander around the hotel and the golf grounds, which were extremely pleasant, but theres only so much walking you can do on a golf pitch!

To see video footage of our room, follow this link that I have put on Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OuXq_pGuns

Perfect for golfers or couples wanting an extra relaxing weekend, and those that don't forget their swimwear!

Room Tip: Different rooms offer different views so if you have a specific view in mind, ask when booking in.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KateLouise85
North
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Went for 1 night spa break with 3 friends with treatment, dinner and breakfast included. Hotel is very nice, staff very helpful and friendly and the spa is good too. Food very good -can't really criticise this hotel! Nicely decorated and clean. Would definitely recommend - not bad value for money either.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank nice_hotel_please
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knutsford
Cottons Hotel & Spa
Carden Park Hotel
Carden Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxton
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,360 reviews

Been to The Mere Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!