“Amazing.”

The Mere Golf Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Knutsford
“Amazing.”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I bought a voucher from travel zoo for this hotel. Safe to say we had an amazing day. My only issue was dinner took a little long to arrive but the food was incredible. And the facilities are amazing and the rooms are beautiful. I'm actually sad I'm not still there. Loved it.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Hannahpriyanka

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Myself and my partner attended a weddding at the Mere during July so decided to treat ourself and book a room. We arrived before our room was ready, which we knew so left our bags with the Porter. The whole wedding day was fantasic success, everything was well organised and we were all well looked after! During the afternoon we decided to check in and go upto our room. We had booked a standard double room and for the last minute price we found on laterooms.com we were really impressed, the room was a great size, really clean and modern, the tv was huge, the bath room had a massive walk in shower and the products for us to use were really nice. Breakfast the next morning was great, we were a large party so they gave us a private room free of charge and our breakfast waiter was brilliant! He had us all laughing and made sure we were all having a great stay. Over all a really nice stay...I just wish we had stayed one more night!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed at the Mere resort in January (so this review is a little late) and we had an amazing time. We stayed on a dinner, bed and breakfast package with a room upgrade to a Mere room rather than club, which we were offered at a reduced rate as we stayed on a Sunday, at £139 I thought this was great value.

When we arrived at the Mere we loved the grand entrance and beautiful driveway up to the hotel. The reception staff were lovely and very friendly and helpful. We arrived two hours before check in to use the hotel's spa, not expecting our room to be ready but the receptionist informed us that it was ready for us, which was a bonus. The room was lovely, it's furnishings were beautiful and the view of the Mere was great, I only wish we'd upgraded to a room with a balcony! I loved the Mere meerkat too!

We used the spa on the day we arrived and the day we checked out and it was great, it was great that this is included in the room rate as it was definitly worth paying for this just as a spa break. It was peaceful and spacious, we enjoyed drinks by the pool and made use of all the different treatment rooms.

The restaurant was lovely and both dinner and breakfast were great, the staff were very friendly, in particular our drinks waiter.

There isn't really anything I could fault the hotel on, the only thing I could is the price for films. They had a fantastic library of fims but at £9.99 we thought this was a bit too pricey. We were hoping to watch a film after chilling out in the spa but we had a drive out to Knutsford instead.

We had a brilliant time and we would definitley return! It's a perfect romantic break.

Room Tip: Ask the hotel for any special packages. I asked about a sunday night offer, this wasn't availabl...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Devon
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My wife and I recently spent a couple of nights here and I would rate it as one of the best overall experiences in the UK.

The hotel is beautifully laid out, the reception area is bright and airey The main reception area has been beautifuly developep within the original old courtyard of the house, with the main doors built where the coach and horses used to enter.

A breath of fresh air was the quality of the staff and customer services, who all seemed to go out of their way to cater for your every need, without being over the top. It was also nice to see the majoirity of the staff were from the local area......who said British people could not provide decent service, they most certainly can at the Mere.

The rooms are immaculate, clean and airy with all the mod-cons you would expect including docing stations, excellent and abundant linen, pillows etc.

The Spa area is across fthe car-park approximately 50 metres from the main building and has been incorporated into the old clock tower building. It is modern and extremely well equipped, with a choice of steam rooms, aroma therapy room, Turkish etc. Make sure you use a towel on the limestone clad double bed/slab in the Turkish.....It is a tad warm, but well worth the visit. There is sufficient chill out areas with comfortable beds, heated shaped marble covered seats and even wi-fi for those wishing to combine work/rest and play.

The gym above the spa area is large, modern and well equipped with appropriately qualified staff. The changing rooms are large modern and no locker keys/money is required, as you input a 4 digit security code into it prior to use, thus alleviating the issue of keys pinned to your swimsuits. Additonally there is a chillout area which has four beds in it, each with their own docking station.

A very minor point and I stress minor, was the lack of a costume spinner in the changing room.

Access from junction 19 on the main M6 motorway is literally within five minutes, you may miss the turn into the hotel as it is immediately after the second set of lights, but don't fret you can turn around a few hundred metres/yards down the road.

When entering the grounds the main access/egress road crosses part of the fairway, make sure you stop and ensure the way is clear, as you may encounter a golf ball coming your way, but there are sufficient signs to warn you of this.

If you are in the area or indeed seeking a nice weekend away, I would highly recommend this wonderful hotel, it is a credit to the management and staff.
Keep up the great work and pardon the pun; we will be back :-)

Room Tip: We were on the first floor facing the hotel reception and did not experienc any noise pollution.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tom D, Manager at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank-you for taking some time to write such a fantastic review of The Mere Golf Resort & Spa, your thoughts will be passed onto the team. The team at The Mere constantly strive to offer the best in customer service and hospitality which clearly you received.
Writing such an in-depth review of all of the resorts facilities is truly appreciated following our opening in March.
We would love to welcome you back to The Mere; please feel free to contact me directly prior to your next visit so we can meet in person.

Many thanks
Tom Davies
Operations Manager
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on business and am really impressed by the customer service.and quality of this hotel. I stay in hotels a lot for both business and pleasure and this is by far one of the best ever! It's very modern, clean, tastefully decorated and the staff throughout my while stay were friendly and helpful. The food in Browns restaurant was really great too (dinner and breakfast). Can't fault it-I only wish I had more reason to return!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank sunshinegirl_1970
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My wife and I had our wedding reception at the golf club 3 years ago so when I heard they changed to a hotel/spa I took the chance to take her back there for her birthday.
I was a little nervous as you dont want to ruin such lovely memories with a bad experience but safe to say the Hotel and Spa staff ensured we have left with even more wonderful memories.

As you enter the reception you are greeted by smart, proffesional, but very friendly staff who make the checking in process easy. There were clear directions to the room and all services such as wake up call etc were offered.

The room in theory is no different to a travelodge or premier inn, but every detail is so much better than those. From the MEREkat teddy welcoming you to the his and hers sinks. The TV has an Ipod dock, bath robes and slippers were provided, the lighting was perfect and the bed was sublime!!
The shower was spacious, hot and powerful, and the coffee/tea tray came with a pint of fresh milk free of charge (as opposed to the exploding sachets you usually get)

I had booked the Neck and Back massage for us both so we walked across to the Spa (30 seconds away) and were greeted by more smart but friendly staff. We were advised of what to do and given a short questionaire to determine what oils and massage we needed.
I ordered a drink which conveniently could be charged to the room as I didnt bring any valuables with me, but be warned this is very pricey. £2.70 for a small glass of coke OUCH!

The massage was brilliant and sorted out my wifes dodgy back, and was followed by a few minutes in the relaxing room with water and a sorbet.
We then headed to the golfers lounge bar and enjoyed a cappucino on the decking watching golfers arrive at the 18th hole.

The evening meal was delicious and again, every member of staff was so friendly and helpful. Even down the nice lady who could see I was just being polite and insisted I take more bread.

We then settled for the night in the luxorious bed and watched a movie in HD on our large TV, with lots of recently released movies on offer.

Breakfast was fantastic and I had a lovely chat with the staff on reception upon checking out, whilst a member of staff also offered to help me with my bags.

Whats great is that they haven't lost that 'Golf Club' feel but they have made it into a lovely pleasent place to stay. So much so that we are booking in again for a friends wedding later this year despite living close by.

I would recomend adults to stay here but its not really suitable for children given the nature of the guests (Most of whom I suspect are on quiet relaxing breaks)

2 Thank Agoston-Jones
"The Gow"-Scotland
Reviewed July 7, 2012

My caddie Bill Routledge & I have just returned from a two night stay at this superb hotel after playing a round of golf with one of the top Tour Golf Pro's Simon Dyson & an amazing young disabled golfer Richard Warren who I had arranged a Sporting Chance through our Charity Give Them a Sporting Chance www.givethemasportingchance.com . This was made possible by Suzi at International Sports Management Limited. Thanks again Suzi!

From the moment we arrived I knew we were in for a great stay and the staff on reception could not do enough for you. 10/10

Our twin room was spotless and well big enough for two of us including all my golf gear. Everything was in the room that we needed an the flat screen must of been a 37 inch screen at least. No faults with the room at all. 10/10

The staff in the golf shop were simply fab and we had such a laugh with them and once again they could not do enough to help. 10/10

The bar staff were once again fab and could not do enough to help. We ate in the bar and the fish & chips were to die for. We found the prices to be cheap considering the standard of the hotel. 10/10

The golf course is awesome and I could not beleive how good the condition was considering the advese weather they have had lately. Credit to the Greens staff. 10/10

I cannot comment on the Spa as I did not use it.

All in all I would rate this hotel as 5 Star and s without a doubt the best hotel I have ever stayed in the UK. As for the staff and I mean all of them they are the best staff I have ever had at any hotel in the World and I have stayed insome top hotels in Mexico etc. For once we have a hotel that has cracked it from top to bottom!

Thank you so much to everyone at The Mere & I look forward to rturning in the not too distant future.

Room Tip: They are all fab!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mikey-Karen
, General Manager at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review after you recent trip.

I am truly delighted you have highlighted our team, we are all extremely proud to be part of Mere and rest assured we will continue to invest in our people to ensure they consistently deliver amazing hospitality.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thank you once again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knutsford
Cottons Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Broxton
The Stanneylands
The Stanneylands
#4 of 5 in Wilmslow

Been to The Mere Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!