“Fantastic venue with first class staff and food”

The Mere Golf Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Knutsford
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Fantastic venue with first class staff and food”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I am the fundrasing Manager for Beechwood Cancer Care Centre in Stockport and we have just held our annual Butterfly Ball at The Mere. This is our 5th event and I would say the best. Janice and the events team are simply fantastic, nothing is too much trouble. From booking the event, deciding on menus and linen through to the event itself it ran without a hitch.
David the bar manager was wonderful advising guests on wine choices and Alex and Rebbeca saw that the event ran smoothly.As ever the food was amazing and the team met all the special dietary requirements that we required.The newly refurbished James Braid suit fits in perfectly with the rest of the re vamped building and the new resturant and bar are wonderful with a menu that is both modern and affordable. We will certainly be booking again and if you are looking for a first class venue with the best staff and award winning food set in the most beautiful landscaped grounds then The Mere is for you.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Graeme N, Manager at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Many thanks on taking the time to compliment the team and the catering on your recent event. We take all feedback from clients on board and pass this onto the teams involved ,.

We are delighted that you and your guests had a wonderful experience and we hope you raised lots of money for a very worthwhile cause.

Looking forward to working with you on this event again next year .
Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We have recently returned from a 2 night stay in this newly built hotel. We were lucky to have a suite with a balcony overlooking the lake,the perfect place for a pre dinner drink. The suite itself was very spacious, a large lounge area with comfy sofa, separate bedroom and a very well equipped bathroom. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, but also quietly efficient.There are 3 restaurants to cater for different tastes and budgets, the food was excellent. I had visited the spa in the past as it opened before the hotel, I think it is one of the best hotel spas I have come across. We were sorry to leave and hope to return in the near future.

Room Tip: Lake view is worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Badger957
Widnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2012 via mobile

Me and my fiancé went for my birthday & found the hotel,restaurant,spa fantastic we stayed in a queen suit witch was out of this world. The staff could not do enough for you and the service was 5 star. We had a meal in browns restaurant witch we got the white glove service and the food was amazing. All I can say is that we would go back any time we had a lovely weekend

Stayed March 2012
Many thanks for your lovely comments , we are delighted that you had a great experience especially as it was for your birthday treat .

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future .
Sandbach, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Wow! What can I say?

After visiting Mere Golf Resort & Spa on a number of occasions over the years, receiving great service and fantastic food, I can only say that the addition of the bedrooms and the recent refurbishment has just made it even more incredible! You can tell that a lot of care and attention has gone into the design of the resort and it looks great!

From the concierge greeting at reception, to the bar service in the Club lounge and bar the staff could not have been any more helpful throughout the whole resort.

The bedroom was spacious (229 I think!), airy and had all the mod cons required such as ipod docking station and large flat screen TV. I was pleasantly surprised when entering the bathroom, the warmth coming from the under floor heating. Nice touch.

Unfortunately, I didn't manage to make the most of the amazing spa and leisure facilities on this occasion (but I have used them before!) and I would highly recommend this hotel for a leisure break and I am actually looking to have my hen party spa break at the hotel later in the year.

Overall very enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have balconies! If you can get one overlooking the Mere it would be incredible on...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cruton87
cheshire
Reviewed February 13, 2012

As a Christmas present, our son bought us a 'gift experience' for Champagne Afternoon Tea for two, and we were thrilled as we often enjoy afternoon teas. From the list given to us, The Mere seemed a good choice.
However, when we arrived there, we were directed to the spa building...the hotel was closed!! No mention was made of this when the reservation was made! We, (two friends also had the same gift and came with us) had our 'experience' in the spa bar...not exactly what had been promised on the dvd provided by Activity Superstore who sell these experiences. We had one three tier cake stand of food between four of us and a glass and a half each of bubbly (I will give them the benefit of doubt as to whether it was actually champagne or not). At a cost of £49.99 per couple I would at least have expected us to be in the comfortable surroundings of a hotel lounge with hotel facilities and not having to use the changing rooms when we needed the toilets.
By way of contrast, on Saturday we had a Travelzoo Champagne afternoon tea deal at Tom's Champagne bar in House of Fraser in Manchester at a cost of £18 per couple and it was fantastic...plenty of good food and lovely surroundings (and definitely Champagne!)
Activity Superstore need to look carefully at the venues they offer people and The Mere need to get their act together on guest satisfaction...they didn't even respond to my feedback when I contacted them.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank lindyCheshire
Graeme N, General Manager at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to feedback after your afternoon tea experience. May I offer my most sincere apologies that you were not told in advance about our refurbishment and that your experience was less than perfect. I would be delighted if you would call the resort and ask for myself Graeme Nesbitt, allowing us to talk in person and for me to research where our communication channels broke down.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knutsford
Cottons Hotel & Spa
#4 of 5 in Wilmslow
Carden Park Hotel
Carden Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxton

Been to The Mere Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!