“Mixed Feelings”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Knutsford, United Kingdom
“Mixed Feelings”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Usually this is my favorite restaurant - The food here is amazing!!!! best Thai food i've had, the restaurant is decorated beautifully and the service is great. However there always seems to be a lack of atmosphere. Usually the presentation of the food is amazing with flowers and decorations however when I went last night it seems to have slipped - Massively - to the tacky sliced lettuce and tomato slice you see in a Macdonalds..... Although the food was amazing the presentation was awful and definitely gone down hill. I'm hoping this is only a one off as it was a very quiet night. But we were also sat by the kitchen where there was a lot of noise from crashing plates, cutlery, and the staff socialising, half way through the meal a window must have been opened as it suddenly became freezing cold too. It seemed to ruin the experience for us. Really hoping it was a one off as the food was so good and I usually love the place

• Visited January 2013

Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Thai at its best”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

If you want great food at a reasonable price then you wont go wrong picking this little gem. Been here a few times and love it. Food is so fresh and the staff are very helpful.

Visited August 2012
Ballina, Ireland
“The "we no charge you for prawn quacker' disaster!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I seldom give a bad review as I feel that in the present economic crisis, businesses can do without them and I take no joy in doing so....but nothing seemed to go right on this one!
Firstly, the place is in an old building which has seen better days and is a bit tatty.. We were greeted by smiling staff and shown to a table upstairs in a busy restaurant. We sat....and waited....and waited. When we finally attracted the attention of a smiling waitress we got menus....and waited....and waited...then we got two waiters, both smiling. We pointed out that we had been there for a long time and one of them was dispatched to bring us the coveted prize of the orient, the extremely expensive and difficult to prepare....prawn crackers! "No charge for quackers" we were informed, not once, but two or three times. The other smiling waiter took our order but didn't seem to listen. After a while two starters arrived leaving one of us with no food. We waited and waited and eventually we ate our starters, after all, the one who didn't get a starter had the 'quackers'! After some deliberation we managed to track down the third starter and we waited while it was consumed. When the plates were cleared, we were again informed...."we no charge you for quackers". After another long wait, for some inexplicable reason we were served a duck on one plate....maybe it was looking for 'quackers' (just a little joke I sneaked in there). We sat and looked at it for a while, talked about it, and felt sorry for it so we ate some of it and sent it back as we hadn't ordered it. Then we waited.....and waited and then suddenly an onslaught of smiling waiters appeared and a flourish of activity ensued with all kinds of dishes arriving. The original smiling waiter then returned and blamed everyone else for the mistakes and informed us that we must not worry as there would be absolutely no charge for the coveted 'quackers' , or their friend....the duck.
As we continued our night of thai food, we noted that our jasmine rice was missing so we managed to get a waiter to smile some over to us. When it arrived, it was of a strange consistency, but it didn't matter because he informed us yet again that he had it covered because there would be "no charge for quackers".
Now, if you are a vegetarian which unfortunately I am not, then this is the place for you! I say this because you will have some trouble to locate much (if any) meat in the dishes served here so you can order just about anything! I could go on, but I'm sure you will get my drift.
Just a postscript....When I went to pay the bill and as they handed it to me....you guessed it!........."we no charge......"
I am sure that this is not always the case in this restaurant, after all, it was busy, and a very comical evening was had by us, I suppose it's a pity in a way because I will never return to enjoy another, but if you want a lesson on how to smile yourself out of disaster, then give it a whirl!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank The-Celtic-Critic
Manchester didsbury
“2nd visit!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This was our 2nd visit and we don't know why we left it so long to go again. Again the service was exceptional and the food was really good. we were actually going to order a take away from them but having gone on line to view the take out menu we saw they were offering a 25%off food voucher for evenings sun-thurs making this lovely meal also pocket friendly. hopefully we wont leave it too long before we go again.

• Visited October 2012
Bury, England, United Kingdom
“Cosy and Friendly”
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

5 of us ate here on a Thursday evening. A lovely, cosy little restaurant on Knutsford High St, it is quirky and has a good personality. Food and service both great, and they even accepted Hi Life and knocked £45 off (50%) the food bill meaning we paid only £55 for starters and mains each, plus booze. Felt a bit guilty after that because the experience was definitely worth more than a tenner each! Will return and pay full whack next time!