1,135 results
All reviewsthe outdoor hot tubsauna and steam roomgirls nightlovely hotelcoffee machinefresh milkhen partyleisure facilitiesevening mealgreat facilitiesafternoon teasandwichesfrom start to finishmanchester airportmain coursewhole experiencean overnight stay
Reviewed May 1, 2009

My husband booked a package at this hotel for my birthday which included a 4 poster suite, champagne and strawberries on arrival, use of the spa, pre dinner cocktail, a full 3 course dinner and breakfast. Overall I enjoyed myself and the hotel was nice enough but nothing spectacular for the price.
Room: Nice spacious room with a very comfy bed. Only complaint with the room was the shower which had very little pressure and couldn't maintain a consistent temperature. Despite not touching the temperature dial, the water ran ok for a minute or so then scalding hot and then freezing cold. It did this over and over again in cycles.
Spa: Don't go here expecting a relaxing spa experience. The pool was very busy with families and extremely noisy. Nice enough facilities but oversold when described as a spa. On the plus side, I booked a treatment during my visit which was away from the main spa area, lovely and relaxing and worth every penny.
Dinner: Very pleased that the meal included in the package was a choice of anything from the a la carte with no additional supplements for side dishes, coffees or steak. The food itself was fine, nothing outstanding.
Breakfast: Again breakfast was slightly oversold. The details say cooked to order when what you actually get is the usual hot buffet but with a server putting it onto your plate for you. The full english was very good though.
Package: On arrival no champagne or strawberries were provided ready for us as described. This made things difficult for my husband who wanted to surprise me. We ended up sitting in our room waiting for an hour with me wondering why and eventually my husband had to go to the reception desk to ask them to hurry up.
So overall, not bad but certainly not worth the money.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2009

Stayed here for several days.

pros:
> has variety of rooms
> standard hotel room amenities
> nice ambiance, quite location even if near the main road
> excellent breakfast and dinner (pricey though)
> 10-15min drive to Knutsford for your kebab, chinese food, and grocery needs

cons:
> open parking, not good during winter
> 40-60min drive from Manchester's nightlife

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2009

We recently stayed for one night at Cottons en route to Scotland with our two kids.
We booked to adjoining rooms which were well appointed and spacious. Check in was easy and the manager took our bags and refused a tip. The whole complex is well appointed - The spa and pool is perfect. Breakfast was served by hand and not the usual "help yourself" - Food is sourced locally and is excellent.
The thing that singles Cottons out is the exceptional friendliness of the staff - and this has to be congratulated. They seemed to go out of their way to be kind, flexible and to enhance your stay.
Thoroughly recc this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Oddlykeen
Reviewed February 2, 2009

My Husband booked 2 nights at this hotel for us, as a second wedding anniversary present. He purchced a gift voucher to include 2 nights dinner, bed & breakfast. My Husband contacted them two days before a visit and asked if there was any chance of a complementary room upgrade to make the experience more memorable. We were thrilled when they e-mailed back saying that they had upgraded us from a standard room to a suite free of charge! It's not often you get something for nothing. The room was lovely and spacious and decorated very nicely. Nice little touches like bone china cups, jelly beans and fresh milk in the fridge. We have stopped in many large chain hotels and have never had such excellent customer service as we did at the Cottons hotel. All staff were extremelly friendly, helpfull and courteous. On the first evening the waiter gave us a complementary drink each as it was our anniversary. We thought that this was a lovely touch. We didn't have any spa treatments but did make use of the gym, sauna, steam room, pool and outdoor jacuzzi. All facilities were excellent. The only thing I would say is to avoid the pool between 3:30pm to 7pm as this is their busiest time of day in the week. There were quite a few children in the pool after 3:30pm. However we was told this when we went for a look at the facilities earlier in the day. The bar food is very good as is the restaurant. Yes the food and drinks are quite pricey but this is the same at all large quality hotels. Breakfast was delicious with a full english on offer as well as fruit, yogurt, cerial etc. had a great relaxing time at the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 12, 2009

Stayed Fri to Sat 9th Jan to celebrate my managers 50th.We booked the Girls night in.Arrived mid afternoon and 8 of us met up in the Bar for relaxing drinks. We then went to our rooms and put on our PJs and Dressing gowns and met up at the Five 0 Girls upgraded room for a night of drinks,Tapas and Fun.Breakfast next morning was plentiful and good.We then hit the Spa for a day of pure relaxation and pampering.After spending a few hours in the hot tubs ect and lounging round the pool we had our treatment.I had the Life saving back massage and felt wonderful after.Worth every penny.None of us wanted to leave.We even used the outdoor Hot tub even though it was a frosty morning.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends