“Get away break ”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Knutsford
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Get away break ”
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed at this hotel with my wife, it was our first break away without the kids in some time.

Checked in on the Friday night after a terrible trip on the M6. Check in was very efficient and quick and the girl on the desk was very friendly and booked us in for dinner.

The food and service were so good on the Friday we ate on the Saturday night as well, even though originally we had planned to go into knutsford. I tried the taste of Cheshire table which I would recommend, which was a buffet with an array of meats, salads and pickles it was fantastic .

Made use of the spa facilities on the Saturday and found them to be excellent especially the hot tub and jacuzzi.

Breakfast on both days was great, with a good selection of hot and cold options on offer.

My only complaint would be the distance from our room to reception, but I guess this is the luck of the draw.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
CottonsHotel, Philip Walker-General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Delighted you had such a great stay and enjoyed all the facilities, including the spa and I will certainly pass on your comments to the team. We very much look forward to seeing you again.

Philip Walker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Mirfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Just stayed at Cottons for a few days with our friends. Nice hotel and amenities. Good value hotel and dinner package in a room with sofa and lounge area. Food was very good. Pool and spa excellent and very clean. Staff friendly and attentive. The bar service was a bit slow but otherwise I would certainly recommend this hotel for a short break.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your lovely comments and I hope you continue to choose Cottons when staying in Cheshire.

Knutsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My family and I recently relocated to the UK, and because of some timing issues we arrived in the UK on the 24th of December, NOT the best time to relocate.

We managed to get a booking at Cottons, which also included a Christmas Package deal.

All the staff were extremely friendly and made a real effort to make our Christmas special. The kids got gifts from Santa, special meals and a conference room set up for family activities (which they kept open especially for us, even after Christmas).

The food is really good, even though at times they don't serve meals when they have a major function (that said, the staff always made sure we had something to eat).

The rooms are nice and roomy, I do have a chronic issue with hotels in the UK who can't seem to get the air conditioners functioning properly, so this issue is not unique to Cottons.

As a guest you have access to the Spa, we didn't really make use of the Gym or Spa facilities themselves, but we did spend allot of time in the pool. Nice big pool, kids loved it.

Room Tip: The suites are a good size for families (and good value).
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
As part of a family company, we work hard to make sure that we do stand out from the average hotel and I am delighted that you were able to enjoy your Christmas with us and that your children enjoyed the “little extras” we provided. We know how important Christmas is for all the families involved so we do work particularly had to get it right.

I was really pleased that you felt the staff were “extremely friendly” and you enjoyed the pool.

We appreciate all feedback from our guests and I have noted your views on the air-conditioning.

All the best for 2014 and hope to see you and your family again throughout the year.

Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Cottons offers a New Year Package like many hotels, their offering was as near to enjoying a cruise on dry land. The staff are very personable and very much customer focused.

The food was excellent throughout.

The New Years Eve entertainment was hosted by Andy Powell who sang and entertained us all.

Would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel

Room Tip: We enjoyed an executive room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
CottonsHotel, Philip Walker-General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Great feedback and we are delighted to have been able to help you celebrate the New Year in style and I will share your comments with my team.

I hope it’s not too long before we can welcome you back to Cottons.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2014

After a long drive check in was fine, the room was spacious and seemed nice but in the end only irritated.
Three examples:
1. Wall sockets mounted immediately above a dado rail so that none of my Apple chargers would go in the plug!
2. No remote for the TV in the bedroom area
3. Charging £7.00 for a not very fast internet connection is unacceptable. Yes there is free wifi but the speed makes it all but useless.

Based on reading the menu I’d booked a fully inclusive tariff for myself and a colleague. I ordered and whilst the dishes looked good and were well presented by friendly staff the food was bland and uninteresting.

Breakfast was again more show than substance, mediocre quality food served slowly: a 5 min wait for coffee isn’t good enough in what claims to be a business hotel.

Departure was going well until I offered an Amex Card; sorry sir, we add a 1.5% surcharge on Amex Accounts!!!

Cottons Hotel is part of a small group owned by a brewery chain, as such I expected a certain level of performance which was not met and the AMEX surcharge was the final straw. I’ll not go back and unless you put show over substance and like being ripped off with “extras” it is best avoided.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank jenkspj
CottonsHotel, Philip Walker-General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.

I am pleased that you found your room spacious and our staff friendly. However, I am equally disappointed to read your negative comments and I can understand your frustration with regard to the examples given.

As you may have seen, the majority of our reviews are very positive so I have contacted you directly to discuss your feedback in more detail and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again very soon.

Northwich
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

We booked our wedding back in February 2013 after being shown round the hotel in a very friendly informative and professional manner by Fiona. We have been to the hotel several times and have always been met with friendly faces and what ever we have asked has never been too much trouble, Fiona has put me and my partner totally at ease, we both attended a food tasting evening for the wedding, the food was excellent and service second to none.My wedding is on the 14th February and I have no worries or concerns and that is all down to Fiona and the amazing service at the cottons.

Stayed January 2014
CottonsHotel, Philip Walker-General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you so much for posting such a lovely review of our hotel and I am genuinely delighted that you have had such a memorable experience with us.

Fiona and all my team will be so encouraged to read such positive feedback and we all look forward to hosting your wedding celebrations on 14th February.

Leek, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a 'girls night in' deal!! Was brilliant! Fantastic afternoon in the spa followed by amazing fresh food, drinks, movies and a goodie bag!! Great value for money and a brilliant way to celebrate my friends 30th!! Especially in our pjs!

The hotel rooms were clean, tidy and well presented! Plenty of towels and fluffy dressing gowns!!

In whole a brilliant time! Would definitely recommend!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank bethan r
Fantastic feedback - our Girls Night In packages are extremely popular and I am pleased you had such an enjoyable visit to our Hotel and congratulations on such a special birthday!

Hopefully you will be visiting us again soon, maybe on one of our excellent tribute nights?

Philip Walker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knutsford
Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre
Longview Hotel
#9 of 9 in Knutsford
De Vere Cranage Estate
Ibis Budget Knutsford Tabley

Been to Cottons Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!