“Lovely weekend”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Knutsford
Preston, United Kingdom
“Lovely weekend”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel with some friends of ours for one night. We found it clean and cosy, although our room was a bit dated, the staff were friendly and helpful. We didn't have an evening meal in the hotel as the purpose of our stay was to eat at the Mughli Indian restaurant on Kings street for the second time it's brilliant. We had breakfast at the hotel and there was plenty of everything from light to cooked breakfast. Would recommend and stay again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
CottonsHotel, Philip Walker-General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you very much for the feedback you have given us and we are glad you enjoyed your overnight stay and thank you for highlighting the friendly and helpful nature of our staff.

With regard to your comment about your room, I am pleased to say our planning rolling programme of refurbishment will address your point.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future for a longer experience.

Philip Walker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Reviewed January 9, 2014

New Years Eve Ball was a Brillant night we booked the package deal and I have to say the meal was really good, how the chefs got fillet steak cooked medium rare piping hot to so many people every course perfectly cooked and timed to perfection. This hotel just knows how to PARTY !!
This was our second year and we are already talking about next year
Got to say we all agree that Leroy Lurv last year was the host with the most for entertainment
That doesn't mean the host this year wasn't good he was a brilliant singer just a different act
We wait for news for next new year!

Room Tip: When we booked the package we were asked if we wanted to upgrade for an extra £20 which we did, the...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
CottonsHotel, Philip Walker-General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you so much for posting such a lovely review of our hotel, particularly the entertainment that was provided - it’s great to know that you had such a good time with us as you saw in 2014.

As with Christmas parties, during these first few weeks of the New Year, we tend to hear from guests wanting to re-book so don’t hesitate to call to reserve your places for this very popular time of year.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Me and my Fiance chose this hotel for our New Year celebrations. We decided to choose the 2 night stay which included a candlelight dinner on the first evening. Breakfast and afternoon lunch the next evening then followed by a champagne reception and five course dinner with a 007 Bond themed evening to celebrate the New Year and disco/entertainment until early morning.

We had an absolute brilliant stay. We upgraded our room to a suite and this was well worth the additional money paid. The room was very spacious and comprised of a 4 poster bed (with a mirrored ceiling, cheesy but fun) and separate seating area.

The food was absolute gorgeous and the staff were fantastic. Very attentive at all times ensuring everything was to your satisfaction. Nothing was ever too much trouble. The bar staff were equally keen to ensure you were satisfied during your stay.

The New Year celebration was brilliant. Andy the resident entertainment provided an excellent evening. The waiting on staff worked endlessly to ensure the food was served timely nothing was rushed at all.

All in all this was a brilliant stay and one that I would highly recommend. We will definitely be considering the Cottons Spa Hotel for next years celebrations.

Well done and thank you to all the staff for making us feel so welcome.

Room Tip: consider upgrading to a suite if you can.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
CottonsHotel, Philip Walker-General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Delighted you both enjoyed your stay at Cottons and we were able to help you celebrate the New Year.

I will pass your kind words to all my staff for their information. They are always pleased to know that their efforts have been recognised, so thank you very much for your feedback.

We hope to see you again in 2014, perhaps for another New Year’s Eve stay?

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 8, 2014

The staff were extremely friendly, efficient and welcoming. Rooms were a good size and very comfortable, although the hot water took a long, long time to come through to the shower, bath etc.The food was excellent and the New Year Gala night extremely well organised, with great food, company and entertainment. The spa was fabulous. Lovely pool, steam room, jacuzzi and out door hot tub. Great relaxation after all the festivities. Very handy for the M6 too!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Really pleased we were able to meet your expectations with regard to service and friendly staff. The team are always willing to raise a helping hand and nothing is too much trouble to make our guests’ stay more enjoyable.

I will look into the ‘niggles’ with the hot water with my maintenance team to ensure any problem is rectified.

Looking forward to seeing you again, maybe another New Year’s Eve stay but remember to book early!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

My family booked four rooms for two / three nights arriving on Boxing Day 2013. Cannot fault reception, bar or immaculate room with so many appreciated touches - even an iron and ironing board. Housekeeping incredibly conscientious. Lovely areas to have a drink downstairs. The pool, whirlpool, steam room and sauna were an absolute luxury... and spotless and a pleasure to visit. Breakfast on the first two mornings exceeded expectations, and many thanks to Catherine who provided exceptional service both mornings. Also milk and a cookie was a wonderful treat delivered for my son the first two evenings and left in our room.

However a couple of very minor but very irritating things really affected our overall experience.....

On our final evening I returned to our room to find my son's milk and cookie on the floor outside our room and uncovered. I asked reception if we could possibly have a replacement as naturally I did not like the idea of my six year old consuming anything that had been on the floor of a public corridor for an unspecified amount of time. I was told that another would be brought up, so my son got ready for bed while we waited, and he stayed up waiting for his milk, but I had to put him to bed without it because it never arrived. Worse things happen at sea but it was frustrating because I had told reception I would carry it upstairs myself to save anyone else having to deliver it, but was told no as had to bake the cookie first and that it would then be brought straight up. It sounds like a petty moan but when your six year old is waiting for promised milk and a biscuit it's quite a big thing especially after having found it on the floor in the first place...!

Our final breakfast was a disappointment after the first two mornings of fabulous service from Catherine. Long wait to order and different members of staff with no apparent order among them. I ordered a green tea but it had not been made with boiling water so the tea leaves did not brew and the teapot was cool enough to touch. Asked for another to be made with boiling water - was even cooler when it came out - luke warm - very bizarre. Staff did not seem to understand that the tea leaves needed boiling water to brew - frustrating start to our final morning.

Overall, other than these couple of small but very frustrating gripes - a brilliant hotel and will definitely return if we are ever in the area again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
On the whole it sounds like a successful stay. However, I am disappointed to read that the correct procedure was not followed with regard to delivering your son’s milk and cookies and I quite agree that it should not have happened. Please accept my apologies for a basic lapse in standards after getting off to such a good welcome.

Frustrated also that, on your final day, breakfast service was not to our usual standard and rest assured, I will be addressing your points in full with the relevant departments and thank you for bringing these to my attention.

With best wishes to you and your family for 2014.

Biddulph, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Having recently returned from our 13th 3 night Christmas package, I would like to express my thanks, on behalf of myself, partner and daughter, to all the staff who worked so hard to make our stay such a wonderful experience. Every little detail was thought of and the stay was both restful and festive in equal measures. As usual, the hotel was not booked to capacity and this made for a comfortable stay, with the staff not so run off their feet that they didn't have time to chat with the guests. Special thanks to Natalie, the restaurant manager, who kept things running smoothly throughout the evening meals. Everything was perfect, from the delicious food to the pristine table settings. A very special thank-you to Mark, who over the years has made each of our stays at Cottons, extra special. Our very best wishes to you for 2014.

Room Tip: If you want a room slightly set apart from the others, request room 242.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
CottonsHotel, Mark C Bowers-General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
The team at Cottons are pleased to be able to offer you a warm welcome and efficient service and I am absolutely delighted that you were able to enjoy your Christmas with us and it’s the little extras we do that add to our guests' enjoyment of our hotel - I will ensure that they receive your great feedback.

Wishing you and your family best wishes for the New Year and we hope it’s not too long before we can welcome you back to Cottons.

Mark C. Bowers
Reviewed December 30, 2013

It's become an annual chill out visit to Cottons after a Christmas looking after everyone else and they never disappoint. Staff are very professional and good at their jobs. Rooms are very comfortable with all the home comforts you want. The spa is excellent. Exceptionally clean in all areas. Pool, Jacuzzi, steam rooms were well used by us and the hot tub outside is lovely. It would have been nice for it to snow on us while in there like the first time we went. (Can you sort that out for next year!!!) Breakfast is buffet style with plenty of variety and the staff were so helpful and friendly. Thank you. I am now ready for New Year.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
CottonsHotel, Mark C. Bowers-General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
It’s great to hear such positive comments about our hotel from returning guests and I am pleased that you enjoyed our Spa facilities, have ‘recharged your batteries” and are ready to take on 2014!

My team will certainly be encouraged to hear such positive feedback.

Mark C. Bowers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knutsford
Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre
Longview Hotel
#8 of 9 in Knutsford
De Vere Cranage Estate
Ibis Budget Knutsford Tabley

Been to Cottons Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!