Cottons Hotel & Spa
The Cross Keys(Knutsford)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
1,078 results
All reviewsthe outdoor hot tubgirls nightsauna and steam roomlovely hotelcoffee machinefresh milkhen partylovely touchleisure facilitiesafternoon teaevening mealsandwichesfrom start to finishmanchester airportwhole experiencemain coursean overnight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The hotel was going through refurbishment, however the hotel staff did everything to make our stay enjoyable. We didnt use the Spa so cannot comment, but the room was well appointed and spotless with good quality toiletries,the shower was fantastic(why dont hotels have body mops for the showers?). We had drinks at the bar but the bar staff were quite slow in bringing the drinks this is my only criticism. At a glance the restaurant appeared expensive but the quality was superb and I would definitely recommend it, I would have expected a reasonable house wine on the wine list as the wine appeared pricey, however we had the red and white Rioja which was very good. Breakfast was also good, the staff were superb in providing service to a high standard. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Your many positive comments about our facilities, service and quality of food are much appreciated. Hope to see you back as the refurb will provide us with an exciting new restaurant and Spa facilities.

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We got married here in march this year and had an amazing experience so we thought we'd stay over for a night out in Knutsford (even though we only live 15 minutes away!) We weren't disappointed, fab room with an amazing shower and service still as good. The hotel are currently renovating some areas which will make it very modern, just a lick of paint outside to brighten up the exterior is all that's needed. We'll definitely be back :)

• Stayed: August 2013

Your positive feedback is indeed a pleasure to note and will be shared with the team. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Due to an unexpected trip to Liverpool passport office we ended up with two days to kill near Manchester airport so opted to make the most of it and booked in here. For me the spa and swimming pool were the best bits, the rest was pretty much average accommodation and average restaurant facilities.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

I'm pleased that during your brief visit to Cheshire you decided to stay with us and particularly enjoyed our Spa. With our new look restaurant opening in mid-September; we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Where do i start. Well firstly the room we stayed in no only didnt have a adequate heating/cooling system, which meant the heat in the room could be unbearable at times. Next the decor in the room was like going back to the 1970's.
Then we come onto the subject of noise. The hotel were having some renovations, which is fine. But to start work at 7.30 on a saturday morning, is too much. Secondly the wedding party that was at the hotel were very intimatdating, noisey and down right rude. Which in turn meant broken sleep until 8am.
The food was ok, bur not fittng the price that was being charged, in particular the over priced breakfast.
I wont be recommending this hotel to anyone, and wouldnt consider staying either unless it changes its attitude towards its guests.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

I am disappointed to hear about your negative experience and I understand your frustration with regard to noise from other guests and rest assured I will be addressing your points in full with my team. Your comments are appreciated and I do hope that you will have the opportunity to revisit the hotel once our refurbishment is complete so that we can restore your faith in our product and service.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were there for a wedding, so just stayed the one night. We checked in at 2.30 p.m. and room wasn't ready, after waiting about 10 minutes we were told it still wasn't ready, another delay and the receptionist decided to check us into another room, although the position of this room was not as good as the one we were first allocated, we were quite satisfied. Rooms were clean and nice fluffy towels. Tea and coffee was plentiful, we asked for extra milk in the morning and it was delivered a minute later fresh from the fridge. The pool was lovely and the staff there extremely friendly. As we were at a wedding we didn't eat in the restaurant as a buffet was served in the evening - this I must say was to a very high standard and plentiful. As for breakfast, this again was to a high standard. All in all we would not hesitate to stay here again, although I must add drinks in the bar we found to be excessively expensive.

Room Tip: Ground or first floor better
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

We appreciate your taking the time to leave a review and it is unfortunate that your room was not ready when you checked in but I am pleased that my reception team were able to offer a solution and that the delay did not diminish your overall enjoyment .
I'm delighted that my F&B team demonstrated good levels of customer service and that you enjoyed the evening buffet and our famous Shire breakfast. We hope that you’ll return in the not too distant future.