“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Knutsford
Leeds
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We enjoyed our one night stay here, making use of the relaxing spa area and restaurant in the evening.
When we went to our room it was a nice surprise to find an elephant shaped bottle of flavoured water and small bag of raisins (which looked like sweets) left on the bed for our son. Our son was also treated to a cookie and milk before bed, courtesy of the hotel which was another nice touch. Cookie was delicious!
We found the staff to be attentive during our stay.
The sofa bed was quite uncomfortable as the mattress part of it was quite thin.
Would stay again for a relaxing trip and to visit some of the attractions nearby (Tatton Park, Knutsford etc).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Really pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay and it’s good to hear that the small details really do make the difference with the complimentary water, raisins, milk and cookies. I am sorry that you found the sofa bed in your room uncomfortable, however I do appreciate that the comfort of a bed is a personal one and I have shared your comment with our Housekeeping team. My team and I hope that you are able to return to the hotel soon.

Kind regards,
Mark C. Bowers - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I recently spent my 4th visit at this Hotel and love it.
I have been on the girls night in package which was excellent following recommendations from work colleagues.
Also the escape package with lovely treatments and with my husband on this last occasion.
The restaurant food is lovely and the service is excellent in the evenings. I have never had a bad meal there. In addition there are lovely places to eat in nearby Knutsford if you fancy somewhere different and it's only 5 minutes away..
The breakfast is great but the service is not as good as at night but that's a minor issue. Maybe due to needing more staff because of the increased numbers.
The Spa and treatment area is fantastic. So is the Gym with plenty of up to date equipment to do a good workout.
It is so good that I travel half an hour from home to have treatments when offers are emailed to me as it is such a relaxing atmosphere and better than the salons near my home address.
I have bought my family and friends vouchers for Christmas presents so they can enjoy the place so I can recommend it.
ROOM TIP - Ask for a quiet room if there is a party on as we have had a problem on one occasion with s disruptive guest. However, the management dealt with it proactively.
If you need a relaxing break this is the place to come for a reasonable cost.
I will definitely be back for a treat.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the public areas or away from party guests who are staying if there i...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback following your stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I am pleased that you encountered good service and that you had time to enjoy our leisure facilities and had time for a workout!

I am pleased that like many other guests, you found the location of the hotel to be suitable for the many amenities Knutsford has to offer. We hope that you will be returning to the hotel and we certainly look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back when you next visit the area.

Kind regards,
Lincolnshire, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We recently stayed over night at the Cottons, our friends were celebrating their Ruby Anniversary there. We had a great time, the staff were very friendly. Food great. Nice rooms very comfortable. Its a very quiet hotel, which considering its on the flight path I was pleased about. We would return and I would be happy to reccomend it to others.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments following your recent stay as wedding anniversary guests. I’m very pleased to read you had such an enjoyable stay.

Manchester, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

I've been here many times for conferences and its a good venue. Given the location and the cost you might expect it to be great but it falls a little short of that.

The room was clean and comfortable but looked like it was in need of a lift. The food was very good but the wine was very expensive.

As a conference venue it was OK as this time we had quite a bit of noise from the room next door which was a bit distracting.

Two little grumbles. Getting a drink at the bar in the evening was a bit like pulling teeth and the wifi was irritating. When it dropped out which was often it wanted me to keep going back to a welcome screen to reconnect.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
I am pleased that your room was clean & comfortable and the food good. With regard to your other comments, I can only apologise for the slow service and poor Wi-Fi reception you experienced, this feedback will be shared with the team as it is only through this can we continually improve our product and service delivery. We hope to welcome you back again.

UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed here as a family for the weekend with interconnecting rooms. Check-in was polite and swift. Rooms were clean with all the amenities you could need and had wifi. Found the beds hard but that is possibly personal choice. Nice that there are two options of pillow available due to allergies.

Dined in the restaurant both evenings. On the first evening there was a wedding reception being held in the function room next door and the music could be heard in the restaurant - not a huge problem but I have to say it was nicer the second evening when it was evident there wasn't a function going on. On our second evening we ordered Chateau Briand and thought maybe it would have been nicer for the restaurant to carve and serve the meat at our table as this is normally the case elsewhere, instead it was simply brought through on a plate. Again not a huge problem but it's the little extras that make all the difference. However, I will say the food quality at the hotel is good and there's a good selection of wines available from the wine list. At the end of our meal though we found it a little rude to be presented with the bill before we had even asked for it.

Bar service perhaps a little slow on busy occasions but always courteous.

The Hotel provides a milk and cookies service during the evening for younger visitors and we thought this was a lovely touch.

Breakfasts are nice affairs with a good selection of cold/hot food and once again good quality produce. My only slight criticism would be that our plates weren't cleared between courses.

We used the spa at the hotel and enjoyed the hot tub outside together with indoor Jacuzzi, pool and sauna. We also booked treatments and enjoyed the sensation of lying on heated water beds whilst treatments were carried out - lovely. Natasha was a very pleasant therapist and I had a relaxing facial.

The hotel is situated a few mins drive from the centre of Knutsford which has a few boutique style shops and an abundance of classy restaurants. Tatton Hall is also on the doorstep - again a few mins travel in the other direction so the hotel is in a good location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
I am pleased that you experienced our warm and efficient welcome, you found our food of good quality and that we offered all the amenities needed to make your stay a comfortable one. With regard to the other points you have highlighted, I will share these with my team to help in our constant strive for improvement. Hope to welcome you back soon.

Bath
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at Cottons and eaten at the restaurant. There won't be a third ! The food was poor the first time but we thought maybe we picked a bad night and made the mistake of eating there again. To be fair the mixed fish sharing platter was OK but our main courses were awful. I ordered the crispy duck salad that had a great write up but turned out to be a small plate of crispy (read burned ) duck scratchings with a few greens. My friends was almost as bad. Piri Piri chicken turned out to be a grilled chicken breast that had been smeared with a jar of sauce, obviously not marinated . Very poor as this restaurant is not cheap, any half decent pub could turn out these dishes at a much higher quality and probably half the price. The staff were very friendly and listened to our complaints attentively and took the duck salad off the bill. The hotel has a nice ambience and with a bit of effort ( especially with the restaurant ) could be very good.Everyone should also be aware that this hotel is on a very busy road and flight path. If you open the window its very noisy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
I was pleased to read that you found our staff very friendly and enjoyed the ambience of the hotel but equally disappointed that your dining experience was a let-down. Your comments are taken very seriously and constructively and given we are in the process of refurbishing our restaurant, which will include the introduction of a new food concept, I would like to think we can address the issues raised.

Bath
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We booked Cottons due to it being our 2nd Anniversary, and took advantage of their special anniversary package. The moment we arrived we were impressed. The hotel was lovely and our room fantastic with complimentary champagne, flowers and strawberries. The fresh milk in the fridge was a great touch - those little cartons are horrible!
We used the spa which was nice and clean, although a water fountain would be good and perhaps a few extra chairs. The outside Jacuzzi was great too.
The restaurant was very smart and a little pricey, but this is a 'posh' hotel so to be expected. However, the generous dinner allowance included in the deal covered the cost. we did probably order far too much thinking the portions may not be large, but were pleasantly surprised and very full by the end of the meal!! The food was very enjoyable and the staff friendly and chatty.
The hotel was nice and quiet overnight, and breakfast was fine with lots of choice. Finally, tickets to Tatton Park were included so we spent our anniversary walking off all of the overindulgence!!
The special packages are to be recommended for a treat.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Cottons to celebrate your 2nd wedding anniversary. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I can assure you that my team has been made aware of your comments as they serve as a great motivator. Our team work hard to deliver high standards of hospitality at all times and I am pleased that on this occasion there was no exception. We hope that we may be able to help you celebrate your 3rd wedding anniversary.

Mark C. Bowers - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knutsford
Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre
Longview Hotel
#8 of 9 in Knutsford
De Vere Cranage Estate
Ibis Budget Knutsford Tabley

Been to Cottons Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!