“Great rooms, nice bar, worth going to again”

Cottons Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Knutsford
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed for two nights this week in Cottons as I had business in nearby Knutsford and had a delightful stay. Tastefully decorated rooms, nice bathrooms, extremely polite and efficient staff made for a good time.

The hotel seems to very popular, and with good reason I would say. Only one thing let them down which was their breakfast, due to not having a larger selection of options, and no scrambled eggs.

I will happily be staying there again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank S6blr
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

It is always satisfying to receive positive feedback and thank you for your observations about our breakfast offering. We do update the breakfast menu with the seasons and I will of course take all these into account on our next review, I am pleased that over all this did not impact on your enjoyment of your stay and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We booked Cottons for our wedding which was last Friday and all I can say is what a fantastic day made extra special by the staff, especially Rob at the venue. From the minute we arrived on Thursday we were treated like VIPs and the service was absolutely perfect. The venue offers excellent value for money, the food is exceptional and the hotel help make your special day just perfect, unfortunately I was ill on my wedding day (!) and Rob asked a member of staff to go into Knutsford to get something to help me; although everyone expects good customer service this went over and above our expectations. Make sure you ask for Rachel to do any spa treatments and your wedding make up - again, just fantastic.

There is absolutely nothing to criticise or change with hindsight - just the best day ever!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Congratulations from us all on your marriage. It is really great to read that the staff looked after you so well, especially Rob - the staff are a key part in what makes our Hotel, and it is lovely to see that their responsiveness is noticed. I will pass on your comments to the team, who i know will be even more motivated by your recognition. The team and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Met up with a friend for an overnight 'girls night in'. Lovely idea which works well. Check in was friendly & efficient, the room was fine (& the "goody bags" were a nice touch). One minor point is that our room didn't have a safe (which I've come to rely on in hotels) - but there were lockers in the spa, so it wasn't really an issue. Compared with other large hotels the room was quiet (except for aircraft noise, which given the proximity to Manchester airport is to be expected). The tapas was delicious & provided a good variety of choice. Popcorn, ice cream & strawberries were the perfect accompaniment to the chic-flicks provided. There was a great choice of foods for breakfast, and the spa treatments (we had back massages) were great - the staff were lovely. My only (very small) criticism was during the booking process- I had to phone the spa separately to book treatments, then received an email asking if I wanted to pre-purchase breakfast, or book spa treatments, only then to be told that breakfast was included. That was a bit confusing, but not really a problem. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Many thanks for your feedback following your recent stay and I am pleased that you found our food delicious and our staff friendly and efficient.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have stayed here numerous times on business. Certainly best in the area. Rooms good, food good, staff friendly and generally good (need more training in the restaurant). I recently stayed at another Shire hotel near Portsmouth and the brand is consistent.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for your regular custom and constructive comments, which I will action as appropriate.
Pleased to read that you’ve also discovered our sister hotel – The Solent Hotel & Spa - as part of a family owned company of six hotels and six Inns of Character, we work hard to ensure we do stand out from the average corporate hotel and I am delighted you were able to recognise this during your stay.

Mark C. Bowers -General Manager

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I was down here on a business trip and the hotel was nice. To be honest I didn't get much time in it but the rooms were nice and there was an excellent breakfast spread in the morning! Certainly nothing to complain about!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay, especially breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business and was so impressed with the comfort of the rooms, the excellent spa facility, and the facility in general. A special mention to the really friendly staff who really make a solo traveller feel at home.
The only negative was the room service cooked breakfast which is small for the supplement paid for a room only guest. Otherwise all good.

Room Tip: Visit the nearby Bulls Head pub for great food and a nice choice of wines, real ales, and dining.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your great compliments about our facilities and staff. My team much appreciate the recognition.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We have stayed at Cottons before, and this break did nothing to detract from the great memories we have.There were a few minor hickups, but due to the wonderful service received from almost all of the staff, our stay was another memorable one. The spa facilities are excellent, the food very good, the bedrooms are very well appointed and comfortable, but the difference is in the service received from all the staff, you just feel "special." My wife was booked into the spa for a " treatment" which she very much enjoyed. All in all a great weekend

Room Tip: We paid a little extra for an executive room, a little larger,on the first floor, quiet and very com...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

I am delighted you continue to have a great experience at Cottons and I am extremely pleased that you found our staff to be so accommodating. Our staff always aim to go that extra mile and to meet all of our guests' needs and I am pleased to read that they achieved this with you.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Mark C. Bowers - General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Knutsford
Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre
Mottram Hall
Mottram Hall
#1 of 1 in Mottram St. Andrew
Ibis Budget Knutsford Tabley

Been to Cottons Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!