1,146 results
All reviews the outdoor hot tub sauna and steam room girls night lovely hotel coffee machine fresh milk hen party leisure facilities lovely touch evening meal high standard great facilities afternoon tea sandwiches from start to finish manchester airport main course
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I booked this hotel for a work trip for myself and 8 colleagues, and it was really good. It is very close to Knutsford so we didn't have far to drive (although the traffic is awful in the morning). The food at the restaurant was delicious and not too expensive. The rooms were really comfortable and nicely decorated. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for your praising comments following your recent business trip to Cottons Hotel & Spa. Delighted to read that both yourself and your colleagues felt our facilities were good and that the food was delicious and not too expensive.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Been staying here whilst away with work. Nice place. Lovely room with very comfortable bed and a brilliant electronically controlled shower. I'm really fussy about showers and absolutely hate hotels with useless showers and low water pressure. Here both are brilliant.
Free parking which is a must and a nice breakfast make this a great place to stay. I would recommend this hotel to anybody staying in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Thank you for your complimentary feedback and great to read so many aspects hit the spot.
We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I recently organised a weekend break at the Cottons for THIRTY ONE adults for a 30th Birthday. Everyone at Cottons made the weekend a fantastic one. Each and every one of the staff we met were a credit to the Hotel; polite, courteous, helpful, accommodating, approachable, I could go on.

Not one person from the party complained about their room. The pool and Spa was used by nearly everyone in the party, again, not one complaint. The food and restaurant was fantastic. Mel and Natalie the Restaurant Managers were incredibly helpful and accommodating. Esta in the Bar was a little gem. Debbie, the events Manager, and the Hotel Manager, Karen, answered my many emails and requests before we arrived and made several exceptions for us along with going that extra mile that makes a place like this worth recommending. It's worth noting that on the Saturday of our weekend at Cottons the hotel also had several other large groups at the hotel, including a wedding, and yet our party were still made to feel special and welcome. We had a closed section of the restaurant, a champagne reception, and our food was served timely and was of a high standard. Many members of our party commented on this, well done Cottons!!

I'm confident everyone in our party will be recommending you.

Thanks for a flawless weekend.

James Carrington and Hazel Webb

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your praising comments. I was delighted to read that all 31 adults enjoyed their weekend break and really pleased we have been able to meet your expectations. The team do try to go that extra mile and nothing is too much trouble, like you say, to make your stay more enjoyable.

Let’s hope we can accommodate your group again in the future and others based on your recommendation..

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here very recently. We paid extra for an executive room for extra space and comfort. The room was the smallest exec room I have seen. Less than 2ft from the bed was the bathroom doors which were made of frosted glass. The toilet is positioned immediately behind the doors. I therefore had the 'pleasure' of seeing my husband on the toilet and vice versa. Call me a prude but I believe that bathroom visits are private and I fail to understand why any designer felt that was a good idea.

The breakfast was £12.45 per person and the selection and quality was good. However, despite asking three times we only got our coffee, tea and toast when we had nearly finished our breakfast. Other tables that were part of a wedding got a fantastic service though.

I did complain and a very nice man rang to apologise. Apparently they try not to put couples in the room we were given, reserving it for singles. I had booked months in advance so I'm not sure what happened there. He offered us an upgrade to a suite if we book another break with a bottle of champagne in the room.

Room Tip: Ask for one that doesn't include a 'peep show bathroom
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dw1971

I am truly sorry that our frosted glass design feature partitioning the bathroom off from the bedroom made your stay uncomfortable and your comments will be taken into account when next refurbishing these particular Contemporary-style bedrooms.

With regard to breakfast, I was glad you enjoyed the quality of our offering, but sorry we let ourselves down with slow service of your tea and toast. With many other room types to offer, I do hope I may encourage you to return.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The pool area is great, much better than a normal hotel. The rooms are nice but small. The restaurant service was horrible and expensive. I recommend eating elsewhere if you plan on staying here. The staff seem very inexperienced.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Fred T

Thank you for your positive comments about our facilities but, needless to say, I am disappointed we missed an opportunity to impress you in our restaurant given the many favourable comments we have received about our new menu concept.

We do sincerely hope that you may reconsider staying with us again in the future.