1,147 results
All reviews the outdoor hot tub sauna and steam room girls night lovely hotel coffee machine fresh milk hen party leisure facilities lovely touch evening meal high standard great facilities afternoon tea sandwiches from start to finish manchester airport main course
997 - 1,002 of 1,147 reviews
Reviewed February 17, 2012

We've stayed here a few times on business and the hotel is excellent value for money. Service is great and the breakfast is very nice.
Free wifi, iron in the room - both important for me.
We were upgraded to a larger room which was nice though the only downsize is that it smelt like a smoker had been in before me (room 240).
Spa and gym facilities are superb and comes down to excellent value for money.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Thank you for your compliments about our service and facilities, free Wi-Fi, and not forgetting the iron! I am very pleased we represented excellent value for money for you.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

Spent 3 nights here, my sister's wedding reception was held here. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The service and quality of the reception was exellent. The room was clean and very comfortable. The pool and spa area was very clean and enjoyable to use.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2012

Delighted you had such a great stay and that you enjoyed all the facilities, including the Spa. It will be a pleasure to share your feedback with my team.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

We stayed here because we attended a wedding reception held in the hotel. Room was huge as was the bathroom. Food for the wedding was excellent as was the breakfast. The service during breakfast was a little disappointing but I think that was down to the number of guests. Drinks at the bar were very expensive but we expected this for a hotel of this standard. We would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the food and facilities. Thank you very much.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stopped here for 1 night before a business meeting. Faciities for the meeting and confrences are very good.
Rooms are tired and in need of some up dating and decoration. TV's didnt always work or was in a forgien langague!!
The food was quite nice and very friendly staff, however, the breakfast was terrible, expensive at £14.50 for egg bacon beans etc and a cup of tea, No continental offering, just a small limited fry up. i really would suggest that you drive to Booths cafe and have a full English at well over half the price....tea included. All in all, very tired place and over priced you feel that they are taking the p*ss of of people who are on business expenses!!

Room Tip: Have doulbe as the TV's work in them
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
ShireHotels, Mark C.Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2012

On a positive note, thank you for your feedback concerning our conference facilities, food and our friendly staff.

I am a little surprised with regard to your breakfast comments as we generally pride ourselves in providing an extensive range of both hot and cold breakfast items and, if you pre-book breakfast, our full English is £12.00.

I will review this along with your remarks about the TV and bedroom.

Mark C. Bowers

Reviewed January 23, 2012

Have stayed here a few times on business, most recently this month. I have always found the staff friendly and never had a problem with my stay. As mentioned in other reviews the mobile signal can be patchy; there are some rooms where the only way I can get signal are by standing by the window and in others the signal is fine (I am on Vodafone). I have never had a signal issue with the Wireless internet although once the system was down but when I called reception they said that it would be back up in 5 minutes, which it was.

One new experience for me last week was the Spa as I had not had time to use before. The gym was very well equipped with what looked like fairly new equipment and the pool is as good as it looks in the pictures (I had wondered if it was just great photography!)

One thing I did notice when I checked out was a sign that said they would charge extra if you settled the bill with certain types of credit card. I have seen this on websites when you pay for flights etc but don’t recall ever seeing it before in a hotel. Not sure if this is new but I don’t recall seeing it before.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2012

Thanks for your comments in relation to the friendliness of the staff and I am pleased that you were able to take advantage of the Spa. As mentioned to other Reviewers the mobile ’phone signal is something that we do not have any control over but I will review your comments with the Group’s I.T. team.
With regard to the Notice you mention – this is to inform guests that if they pay with an Amex or Diners’ card, then a 1.5% charge will be levied because we need to cover our transaction fees that are higher with these cards than any others.