1,135 results
All reviewsthe outdoor hot tubsauna and steam roomgirls nightlovely hotelcoffee machinefresh milkhen partyleisure facilitiesevening mealgreat facilitiesafternoon teasandwichesfrom start to finishmanchester airportmain coursewhole experiencean overnight stay
Reviewed October 23, 2011

i stayed back in July with a group of friends to celebrate my 40th.( My initial review before we stayed was that I thought I would be disappointed based on the comments made by my friend who was making arrangements). What can I say apart from "this was far from the truth & the whole of the stay was excellent! The check in was dealt with my the lovely receptionist & had the rooms ready so my friend could decorate the room & have flowers there for my welcome - they were beautiful! The rooms were lovely & clean & with bery comfortable beds. We made use of the spa facilities and the atmosphere was very relaxed and the facilities were again very clean with very polite staff to assist. We all had treatments which were pure bliss and relaxing. In the evening we had the meal in the restaurant which was included in the package, We could not believe the standard of service from the waiters and the food was stunning as was the breakfast in the morning - what you would expect in a 5 star hotel on holiday with everything to suit all tastes!). We all had a fabulous stay and came home feeling very papmered & relaxed & we can't wait to go again in the new year to recover from xmas stresses! An wonderful stay & excellent value for money. Hope it's the same when we go again!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2011

Absolutely delighted you enjoyed your stay at Cottons and thank you for leaving such a glowing review. Really pleased that we could help you celebrate such a birthday milestone. You’ve highlighted the areas we really try to focus on, especially a friendly team of staff offering great customer service.

We look forward to seeing you next year!

With kind regards

Reviewed October 19, 2011

stayed here for the 2nd time on business. Hotel is in a great location for Knutsford, where there are great restaurants etc, and close to motorways. The hotel is OK, but tired, a little Crossroads motel to be honest. Staff were generally unhelpful or disinterested. Reception staff rude, bar staff rude, waiters, rude, although the chef serving breakfast was really nice. Rooms....i stayed in a "suite" which was nice enough, although bathroom was just horrible, should have been replaced years ago! the "spa" as it is referred to, is no better than a public swimming pool, which is ok, but spa, i think is a little misleading really. In summary OK for a one night stop over, but I wouldnt make it a destination hotel.

Room Tip: primrose suite
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback following your stay. I’m disappointed to read that your stay was not to Cottons’ usual high standards. Every effort is made to provide a comfortable stay for our guests and rest assured your feedback has been noted.

Kind regards,
Mark C. Bowers,

Reviewed October 18, 2011

My wife and I recently stayed in the Cottons Hotel for a night the day after our wedding. As it was the start of our honeymoon we chose one of the more expensive suite rooms. It was clean, bright, contemporary in design and furnishing and was perfectly comfortable for the two of us. We had a peaceful and relaxing stay helped by the fact that there was no ongoing maintenance taking place in adjacent rooms or within close proximity, which can often be the case in the more inferior hotels than this one. All the appliances were in good working order and the room had been immaculately prepared for our arrival. Additionally there were some nice, luxurious touches in the pristinely conditioned bathroom including quality branded bath products, soft cotton towels and bath robes and the quality of the bedding and pillows ensured a good night’s sleep too.

During our stay we ordered room service which was delivered promptly and was of a high culinary standard and in the evening we’d pre-booked a table at a restaurant in nearby Knutsford. Consequently we did not spend any time in the hotel bar or restaurant but the look, atmosphere and general ambience of the two rooms indeed appealed.

The next day, prior to an efficient, pre-arranged, ‘late check out’ , we ate breakfast in the hotel’s ‘Magnolia Restaurant’. Again the service and quality could not be faulted.

All in all we had a thoroughly enjoyable and pleasant stay. We found the staff to be helpful, professional and courteous and no doubt we will return in the future.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for a great review. Delighted you enjoyed the touches in the bedrooms and the service you received in the hotel. The team is grateful for your response and hopefully we will see you at Cottons in the future – perhaps for your second (Cotton) anniversary?

Kind regards,
Mark C. Bowers,

Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed here recently for a friends wedding and thought it was a lovely place. Warm friendly staff, great customer service. Things were clean and efficient. We had 2 meals both of which were delicious. Atmosphere was relaxed, decoration and art work throughout the rooms/buildings were really pretty. However we did feel the room was overpriced for the following reasons:

1)The interior of the room we stayed in, size, decor etc was not much different to that of a Premier Travel Inn which would have been much cheaper

2) We found it difficult to work the TV. Also the digitial radio by the bedside did not work at all

3) The water pressure in the bathroom was poor. It took several attempts to flush the toilet each time and the noise of water working and in pipes could be heard very clearly through the walls even when people in next door rooms were using the water which meant we didn't really get a good nights sleep. Luckily we had such a good time at the wedding it didn't bother us that much!
I would stay again but I'd prefer a slightly lower price and quieter water pipes!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Really pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us but equally disappointed that we did not meet your expectations and I would like to reassure you that your comments are far from the norm. I will, however, review your feedback with my team.

Should you have need to stay in our area again, I would welcome another opportunity to demonstrate our true colours.

Kind regards

Reviewed October 10, 2011

Stayed here when visiting family locally. The hotel was fine but just fine. Breakfast was expensive for what it was. Rooms in need of a facelift. However on the plus side the staff were very friendly and helpful and you couldn't get a better located hotel for knutsford and the surrounding area.

• Stayed: October 2011
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

I am pleased that you found the staff friendly & helpful and our location ideal but disappointed you felt breakfast was expensive. If you purchase an inclusive B&B rate from us, breakfast becomes a good deal. I apologise if this was not made clear to you.

I was concerned to read your comments regarding the décor of your room and would like to offer my apologies that your expectations were not met on this occasion. Every effort is made to provide a comfortable stay for our guests and rest assured your feedback will be acted upon.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Kind regards