1,137 results
All reviewsthe outdoor hot tubsauna and steam roomgirls nightlovely hotelcoffee machinefresh milkhen partyleisure facilitieslovely touchevening mealhigh standardgreat facilitiesafternoon teasandwichesfrom start to finishmanchester airportmain course
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Have just returned from a weekend reunion. Check in, efficient and stressless. Room bland in colour, but comfortable and spotless! Nice to have proper china, albeit mugs, complimentary water and "proper" loo rolls! Don't think I have stayed anywhere were I could make that comment!
Breakfast superb! Plenty of wonderful fruit, both fresh, canned and defrosted! Wide choice of cooked breakfast, well cooked and presented. One of our party had the smoked haddock which looked lovely.
Spa staff and centre lovely. Have been to many leisure complexes and this was in one word superb, just disappointed I didn't have the time to thoroughly enjoy it and use it's full facilities.
As we were a party of 21 we had "private" dining on both nights. There was a good choice but main course was a tad overcooked which led to dry meat, especially on the Saturday the Hake on the Friday was beautiful. However I would mention that the price of the wine was awesome! £7 for a glass of rose and £29 per bottle, so be warned!
Staff, friendly and attentive. My friend and I had a problem with the heating in our room. Explained to receptionist who said someone will be up in a minute, and they were. Quick check and a heater was bought to us, all within the space of 10 minutes!
Overall experience excellent, would I come again, yes!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

Shire Hotels prides themselves on a “small details, big difference” approach, which includes the small touches you found in your bedroom, that hopefully made a big difference to your stay. I was pleased to read you enjoyed our traditional “Shire Breakfast”, which is always popular with our guests,

I was also delighted that my staff were able to react to the heating problem in an efficient and speedy manner.

I hope that on your next visit you will be able to take advantage of our Spa facilities.

Reviewed October 10, 2011

Very good rooms, and the whole atmosphere a cut above normal, particularly in this area. We often stay at Cottons. Good lounge (we have only found it closed to residents once) and good parking. It would be better of there were more entrances, as the better rooms are some way away from reception. You can get out to the car park easily, but coming back in is a problem, particularly in the rain, if you are a poor walker! "Modern" art in the rooms is dreadful, but I suppose that some may like it. Doubtful!
Excellent for business, but also good for family and friends. I would think that couples might find somewhere more romantic. Better than some of the others under the same ownership.

Room Tip: We always have the same ground floor room, which we like.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

We aim for consistent service in each area of the hotel and therefore, we are really pleased you enjoy your regular visits to Cottons.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

Stayed here for one night October 2011. The decor is bright, modern and well designed. Plenty of parking. The reception staff are welcoming and went out of their way to be helpful. The rooms are clean and well equipped, the beds comfortable. Lovely spa. The food in Magnolia Restaurant was okay but not as special as one expected from such a nice hotel. I have one very minor complaint. The controls in the otherwise excellent walk-in shower (room 134) are unmarked in any way. There is no indication which direction is hot and cold, or on/off etc and as the shower head is overhead, one can get very wet, and hot/cold while trying to work it out. A small printed card in the bathroom with appropriate instructions, would alleviate this little annoyance.

Room Tip: Room 134 is quiet, and close to the spa.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Many thanks for your overall positive feedback and I was particularly pleased to read my Reception Team went out of their way to help. I will certainly pass this on.

We aim for consistent service in each area of the hotel so I was sorry to read that you found our shower controls confusing and I will review this with my maintenance manager.

Reviewed September 16, 2011

We have been going to Cottons Spa twice a year for about 8 years and have thoroughly enjoyed our stay every time. With relaxing country surroundings but also a buzz and lively atmosphere in the lounge and restaurant and bar areas.
From the minute we arrive we totally switch off from work and plan our time to get the maximum from our stay. We spend our time swimming, enjoying treatments, relaxing with a good book and a nice glass of wine and enjoying delicious local Cheshire food.
The staff are so friendly and helpful too!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2011

Delighted to hear that you had another great time with us chilling out in the spa, the hotel’s atmosphere, our friendly staff and the food on offer.

Kind regards,
Mark C. Bowers,

Reviewed August 30, 2011

Stayed here with 2 of my friends for a 'girls night in'. Had a fab time. Rooms was fab! Was able to use swimming pool, jacuzzi ect. Staff were really helpful and friendly. Had supper brought to our room at time of our choice and couldnt fault it at all. Was loads! :) And dessert was brought up shortly after. Also had beauty treatments done at the spa. Massages were brilliant. And again very friendly staff.
Had a fab time here and would definitly book again.
Thanks cottons x

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2012

Thank you for your comments about your Girl’s Night In – it’s a really popular one – and I’m pleased to hear you all enjoyed your time with us. Look forward to welcoming you back - perhaps at one of our Tribute Nights?