1,135 results
All reviewsthe outdoor hot tubsauna and steam roomgirls nightlovely hotelcoffee machinefresh milkhen partyleisure facilitiesevening mealgreat facilitiesafternoon teasandwichesfrom start to finishmanchester airportmain coursewhole experiencean overnight stay
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Very good rooms, and the whole atmosphere a cut above normal, particularly in this area. We often stay at Cottons. Good lounge (we have only found it closed to residents once) and good parking. It would be better of there were more entrances, as the better rooms are some way away from reception. You can get out to the car park easily, but coming back in is a problem, particularly in the rain, if you are a poor walker! "Modern" art in the rooms is dreadful, but I suppose that some may like it. Doubtful!
Excellent for business, but also good for family and friends. I would think that couples might find somewhere more romantic. Better than some of the others under the same ownership.

Room Tip: We always have the same ground floor room, which we like.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

We aim for consistent service in each area of the hotel and therefore, we are really pleased you enjoy your regular visits to Cottons.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

Stayed here for one night October 2011. The decor is bright, modern and well designed. Plenty of parking. The reception staff are welcoming and went out of their way to be helpful. The rooms are clean and well equipped, the beds comfortable. Lovely spa. The food in Magnolia Restaurant was okay but not as special as one expected from such a nice hotel. I have one very minor complaint. The controls in the otherwise excellent walk-in shower (room 134) are unmarked in any way. There is no indication which direction is hot and cold, or on/off etc and as the shower head is overhead, one can get very wet, and hot/cold while trying to work it out. A small printed card in the bathroom with appropriate instructions, would alleviate this little annoyance.

Room Tip: Room 134 is quiet, and close to the spa.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Many thanks for your overall positive feedback and I was particularly pleased to read my Reception Team went out of their way to help. I will certainly pass this on.

We aim for consistent service in each area of the hotel so I was sorry to read that you found our shower controls confusing and I will review this with my maintenance manager.

Reviewed September 16, 2011

We have been going to Cottons Spa twice a year for about 8 years and have thoroughly enjoyed our stay every time. With relaxing country surroundings but also a buzz and lively atmosphere in the lounge and restaurant and bar areas.
From the minute we arrive we totally switch off from work and plan our time to get the maximum from our stay. We spend our time swimming, enjoying treatments, relaxing with a good book and a nice glass of wine and enjoying delicious local Cheshire food.
The staff are so friendly and helpful too!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2011

Delighted to hear that you had another great time with us chilling out in the spa, the hotel’s atmosphere, our friendly staff and the food on offer.

Kind regards,
Mark C. Bowers,

Reviewed August 30, 2011

Stayed here with 2 of my friends for a 'girls night in'. Had a fab time. Rooms was fab! Was able to use swimming pool, jacuzzi ect. Staff were really helpful and friendly. Had supper brought to our room at time of our choice and couldnt fault it at all. Was loads! :) And dessert was brought up shortly after. Also had beauty treatments done at the spa. Massages were brilliant. And again very friendly staff.
Had a fab time here and would definitly book again.
Thanks cottons x

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
ShireHotels, Mark C. Bowers - General Manager at Cottons Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2012

Thank you for your comments about your Girl’s Night In – it’s a really popular one – and I’m pleased to hear you all enjoyed your time with us. Look forward to welcoming you back - perhaps at one of our Tribute Nights?

Reviewed August 29, 2011

When I pay above £ 200 for a room I expect a lot more !!
so i was disappointed this hotel because
* the mini fridge was completly empty EXPECT FOR a TINY milk bottle ! what was that all about ????
* 24 hrs room service should not just include sandwiches !!
* breakfast in the room mean you pay minimum of £10 get one muffin filled with bacon & someting else and a orange jus ! don't expect a latte or capuccino because you have kettle in a room !! THAT'S NOT 4 STARS STANDARD IN MY BOOK !!

Breakfast downstairs with the other guest was NOT satisfactory . They mixed our beverage order ! The toast were COLD and some of the food served was warmishhh . Cutlery was missing on the table.

So basically never MIND about the 2 feather and down pillows and the super soft bath robe & the fancy shower the high speed internet .. the cd/ boot radio ..etc which was all very nice and up to standard... WITHOUT A FULLY STOCKED MINI FRIDGE & GOOD ROOM SERVICEthis hotel is NOTHING MORE than an O V E R P R I C E D 3 STARS !

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us but I am concerned and disappointed that we failed to deliver on a number of key areas for you.
I am genuinely sorry that we have let you down and that you left feeling this way. If you were to consider returning, then please ask for me personally to handle your booking, and I will endeavour to restore a little faith.