All reviews brewers fayre meal deal manchester airport the pub on arrival good nights sleep family room an early flight plenty of parking stayed one night friendly welcome evening meal and breakfast budget hotel would stay again comfy bed family wedding car park
Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

The accomodation blocks and adjoining restaurant looked grubby from the outside as soon as we drove into the car park.
Our rooms were 319 and 320. They were accessed through a poorly lit archway. The outside area was grubby with old broken benches around and empty pint glasses. It looked like a grubby old counsel block of flats.
We were shocked when we went into our rooms. You were hit by a horrible musty smell. The building is obviously damp. Wrinkled damp wall paper. The window had been left open obviously to try and air the damp room. The surfaces were dirty obviously not been wiped.
The bathroom was horrible. The bathroom sink was almost overflowing in room 320 because the tap was running with the plug in position. Filthy tile grouting. None of us wanted to use the showers. There was a brown stain on the side of the toilet. We felt we had to put our shoes on to go into the bathroom. There were cob webbs on the curtains. When we went and asked for other rooms we were told that all of the rooms are grubby and lots of people complain about them. No satisfactory alternative was given. To top things off the menu at the adjoining restaurant had a very reduced menu available due to a gas not working. Wish we had looked on trip advisor before booking, we didn't think to as we are usually very happy with premier inn rooms.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Guest Relations at Premier Inn Knutsford (Bucklow Hill) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2018

Hi Charlotte,

Thanks for your review.

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience staying with us as it was not up to the standards you were expecting. We aim to ensure every stay is perfect and so I apologise we let you down on this occasion.

I apologise that you felt the hotel was run down and in need of some TLC. We wish to offer our guests the same standard throughout our hotels and to ensure this is the case we have plans of refurbishments works to be carried out for all our older hotels and rooms.

Please be assured I have passed your feedback on to the Manager of the hotel. I hope if you were to stay again in the future, that you are welcomed by a fresher and more modern hotel.

It is also disappointing to hear that the cleanliness of your room was not up to the standard we would expect. Our House Keeping team complete a full service before every check-in and so should be fresh and clean when you arrive. It is sad to hear you found your room and bathroom to be unclean and below our usual standard.

We have ensured your comments have been logged to the Head of Housekeeping so this can be looked into with the team.

Once again, I apologise for the disappointment caused and hope to welcome you to one of our other hotels again in the future.

Kind regards,

Rebecca

Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

This was probably the worst Premier Inn I’ve ever stayed at. The bathroom was so filthy I daren’t even have a shower. The flooring was coming up and was covered in grime.
The pub next door (for breakfast) was also filthy. The seating was covered in black grime - absolutely horrible.
I asked to invoke the good night guarantee but was told Whitbread have now dropped it. Judging by this dump I can see why. I’m closing my Premier Inn business account & will avoid them in future.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Guest Relations at Premier Inn Knutsford (Bucklow Hill) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2018

Hi there

Thanks for taking the time to share your review.

It's a shame to hear that the cleanliness of this hotel and restaurant were far from our usual standards, this certainly isn't what we'd expect for our guests.

I'm also sorry to see you were informed that we no longer do the Goodnight Guarantee, we do still have this in place for any issues that have affected your sleep, so we'll certainly pick this up with the team.

I've raised your comments with the Hotel and Restaurant Managers so they can follow this up internally and they'll implement any actions and retraining so as to ensure this is improved on for our future guests.

We hope you'll give us another chance in future for a better stay.

Kind Regards

Amy

Reviewed October 1, 2018

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
WhitbreadHotels, Guest Relations at Premier Inn Knutsford (Bucklow Hill) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2018

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

Absolutely not up to the usual Premier Inn standard, thankfully I only stayed for one night as its a dump. Its in desperate need of a refurb or better still pulling down! Its so noisy in the room and the bathroom had mould on the ceiling (see photo) the rest of the room, public areas ect are very run down and grubby. I paid £84 for the pleasure, what a joke never again.

Trip type: Traveled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Guest Relations at Premier Inn Knutsford (Bucklow Hill) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

Good afternoon Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I'm very sorry to hear that you found the room not to be up to our usual standard, this is very disappointing to hear! I'm also sorry to see that there was mould on the ceiling and that you found the room to be very noisy.

Please be assured we have passed on this feedback to the hotel management team to ensure this is picked up internally with the team and any necessary retraining implemented to ensure this doesn't happen again moving forwards.

Our sincere apologies again for your disappointing experience on this occasion, I do hope that we can welcome you back soon for a much more enjoyable stay!

Kind Regards,
Laura

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

A real disappointment. The hotel is in desperate need of refurb. Food decent but lager awful and stale. Unfortunately the worst premier inn that we have stayed at. Staff in reception and bar very friendly

Trip type: Traveled as a couple