“Great value”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Knutsford
Llanrwst, United Kingdom
“Great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

Never stayed at a premier Inn before,but after a bargain priced two night stay at Bucklow Hill would not hesitate to book at a Premier Inn again if all were at this standard for the price one pays.
Well done Premier inn's

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Susan H, Manager at Premier Inn Knutsford (Bucklow Hill) Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear Steven,
Sounds like you're a convert to Premier Inn! Glad to hear that we 'ticked the boxes' for you. Perhaps you should sign up to the website so that you receive advance notice of the special offer rates.
Look forward to seeing you again soon, I hope.
Sue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
WALES
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stayed here again before flying the next morning. Close to Manchester Airport , friendly staff, clean comfortable rooms, well lit safe free car park and a Brewers Fayre restaurant attached. Good food reasonably priced and well kept cask ale!! Ticks all the boxes and we will stay here again very soon.

1 Thank NEDWales
Hi!
Great to have you back with us. Thank you for the great feedback, it's really nice of you and much appreciated by the team.
Think you're the first person to mention that we stock cask ale (Jennings Cumberland, very tasty!) Maybe I'll buy you a pint next time!
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Cost Data : Pre-booked and prepaid GBP 29 per night (Tues) excl. breakfast. We are regular Premier Inn/Travelodge users.

Usual Premier Inn package ( clean, functional, friendly) at a very good price. Convenient for Jodrell Bank, Quarry Mill (National Trust), Little Moreton Hall (National Trust) and Salford Quays (about 20 min drive away). Knutsford is a very pleasant town.

Not the newest Premier Inn I've stayed at but very acceptable - happily stay here again. Restaurant adjoining and petrol station nearby.

1 Thank Hauxton
Susan H, Manager at Premier Inn Knutsford (Bucklow Hill) Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Guest,
As a regular user of Premier Inn you will no doubt receive regular emails on our special offer rates. So glad to hear that you managed to snap one up this time.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Warm, friendly welcome. Very helpful staff. Lovely, clean rooms. Extra bedding and pillows in room, bed was huge and very comfortable. Delicious breakfast, good variety.
Car park was of a good size and safe.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Loraine H
Dear Lorraine,
What a fantastic review. Sounds like we 'ticked all the boxes' but I am especially pleased to learn that the team was helpful and friendly, I know it can make all the difference.
Look forward to seeing you again soon I hope.
Warm regards
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night in a family room. We arrived late on a Saturday night around 10pm with two small children. We had made a mistake with our booking (we had booked the wrong night!) but the very friendly and understanding receptionist helped us out and found us a room. Very clean spacious room at the back of the hotel overlooking a field with rabbits in it! My two little boys loved the place. Everything you could need, comfy beds, clean room, lots of hot water and a good breakfast. Thank you very much. We shall most defiantly come again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Louise E
Dear Louise,
What a lovely review! Many thanks.
It can be stressful travelling with children at the best of times. To arrive and not have a reservation is verging on a nightmare! So pleased we were able to sort this out for you.
See you soon I hope.
Many thanks
Sue
P.s tell the boys that the bunnies are running like crazy in the sunshine!
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

Excellent value for money and good food in restaurant. All the Premier promises were kept and I wouldn't hesitate to use again. Nice big bath with loads of hot water and tell with large sofa made it very homely.

Room Tip: Furthest from restaurant to avoid car park noise
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank John S
Dear guest,
So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We really are ideally placed to break the journey south (or north!) We have lots of guests choosing to stay with us as we are so close to the M6 and psychologically it's great to be south of Manchester. You feel like you've 'broken the journey' by then.
Hope to see you on your next escapade!
Peterborough, UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

First of all, I would like to make it clear that the staff are friendly and had all the best intentions, but as the title suggests, it's the little things that all add up to checking out with a feeling of disappointment at the end.
I was on a business trip, 1 night, booked by my company so I had no say in the matter (I wasn't even in the office!), after a 200 mile journey and 8 hours on an industrial site, I obviously just wanted to rest, eat and sleep.
Having had no contact with the office all day and needing to check some documents, I took advantage of the offered '30 minutes of free Wi-Fi'. This lasted all of 3 minutes before the connection dropped and then on re-connection informed me that my free time had expired. I then signed up for 24 hours of access for £3 (despite only being in the hotel for a total time of under 8 hours including sleeping!), which failed to take PayPal payments, failed to take a credit card 4 times, crashed several times and then finally decided to take two payments, leaving me a full 48 hours of access I didn't need at all. Only £6, but that's not the point, is it?!
Dinner was OK - what you'd expect from a Brewer's Fayre - the same food as everywhere else in the country.
The King-sized bed was in fact two smaller mattresses joined together, making an uncomfortable lump down the centre - fine if I was with my wife, but having to lie diagonally to get all of me under the covers, it made for an awkward night.
I fell asleep, and slept fine - until about 5 in the morning when I realised the 6 lanes of traffic about 20 metres away (busy due to Manchester Airport) were producing more noise than the thin windows could cope with. So 6 hours sleep and feeling rough all the next day.
The other gripe I had was with the bathroom. The plumbing was ancient - the toilet looked like it flushed about 200 litres, the tap shot out water at a massive rate on the lowest turn and the extractor fan whined like a puppy trapped under a concrete block. In need of total refurbishment.
And the final thing that made me think 'I'm reviewing this place on Trip Advisor' was the shower head. Why fix a shower head at 5' 9" above the bath?! I'm not the only 6' 2" person in the country! Bending down to awkwardly wash your hair in wildly varying temperatures of water does not make for a good start to a day!

On the bright side, the chef did make me a bacon sandwich to take away for lunch as part of my breakfast (i.e. a free addition), which was very satisfying 5 hours later.

Room Tip: If you want any kind of sleep, avoid the front rooms.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank grimreaper34uk
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Knutsford (Bucklow Hill) Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. We really appreciate your feedback very much as this enables us to improve standards and provide guests with the best possible service and a comfortable stay. Thank you very much for telling us about the issues with the bathroom; these issues will be seen to immediately as we work to improve our hotel standards. We hope to welcome you back in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knutsford
Premier Inn Knutsford (Mere) Hotel
Longview Hotel
Longview Hotel
#8 of 9 in Knutsford
Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Knutsford (Bucklow Hill) Hotel? Share your experiences!