“Very Impressed”

Premier Inn Knutsford (Bucklow Hill) Hotel
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Knutsford
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here with my husband before a wedding and I really wasn't expecting much but we were pleasantly surprised. We received a warm welcome from reception and lots of useful information. We went to eat in the bar for dinner which was pleasant. The food was very basic (Brewers Fayre) but it was cheap and edible so couldn't really complain too much. The room was basic but very big and the bed was extra comfy, there was a TV and tea making facilities. The bathroom was basic but clean and everything worked. The only thing that was irritating was some children upstairs running up and down the corridors non stop above us which was very loud but that was more a reflection of their parents than the hotel! We had a lovely nights sleep and were really impressed with the breakfast (much better than travelodge!) , there was a massive selection of cooked food, yoghurts, cereals, breads, pastries, teas, coffee and all was of good quality. All in all I would really recommend this hotel if you're looking for somewhere relatively cheap and convenient and the staff really do make you feel welcome which is something that's sadly lacking in most hotels these days!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Used this hotel to break the journey from Berkshire to Grange over Sands. All very clean and comfortable. Pre booked both the evening meal and the following mornings breakfast. Although the meal was good, I think my wife and I would have had preferred to have our evening meal in the town as it looked interesting.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed before flying to Sri Lanka and we had a really nice room, warm,clean, a very comfortable bed and therefore we slept very well. The evening meal was very good and the real ales were kept perfectly. Only had a light ''continental'' breakfast as I thought it was a bit early for the full fry up....but in hindsight after seeing them I should have gone for it. We are staying here in February with an even earlier start but I will get the fry up one day, it looks so good. All the staff were really friendly and went out of their way to help, nothing too much trouble. We often stay at Premier Inns and they are very good value. Didn't use the fitness centre, Wi-Fi or have room service; never do.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2013

A big thank you for today. It was my dads 80th and my mum & dads wedding anniversary. We all had a lovely meal. I would definitely recommend the slow cooked lamb! We were to full for desert but had costa coffee. The service was fantastic and when ordering the drinks they brought them to the table with a smile. When paying the bill I mentioned to the manager that it was my dads birthday whilst having a conversation with him (this is very rare a manager actually taking time to talk to the customers). Anyway he came over with some ice cream with a candle and sang happy birthday, how lovely. Thank you so much. We will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 14, 2013

After working an event 'til late in the cold this hotel offered a warm room and a comfy bed to come back to. In a quiet location too, so good night's sleep guaranteed! All services available were fully explained, which was helpful. Although, only 30 minutes free Wi-Fi, one downside.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Met here and stayed one night for an annual get together with my 2 siblings and spouses. Rooms were booked in Nov last year on a £29 a night offer. I was gutted to find a room offer then appeared in December for £19 rooms, but the T&C's meant I could not cancel and re-book without losing my payment. However when we arrived we found we had had our rooms up-graded (not sure if there are different grades of room in a Premier Inn?) and all three rooms were next to each other. Comfy beds and rooms. Great food at good prices on the meal deal, drinks well priced and staff very chatty and interested in us. Recommend the grub & fab breakfast. If you have the cooked breakfast, order plum tomatoes, the flavour is extremely intense and delicious. If we use the hotel again, I shall possibly leave the booking til last minute to see if I can get the best price.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Enjoyed a stay for family wedding, it was it the right location and the right price for us to book 4 rooms for our family. I would recommend for a good night sleep, although it is not a luxury hotel it was suitable for our stay.

Room Tip: Phone the golf club in Peover and book breakfast there, an excellent price and an amazing breakfast...