“Very friendly and under-rated at 2 star”
Review of Longview Hotel

Longview Hotel
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Knutsford
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Makes a great change from the bland style of the big chain hotels. Very friendly staff, clean, good breakfast and well located just 5 minute walk from Knutsford centre. Recommended if you don't want a swimming pool or gym etc.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Longview Hotel

Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Spent 1 night at this hotel as we were visiting the Foodies Festival at Tatton Park. We booked a premier double which was well appointed-this cost us £101 for the two of us without breakfast which was an additional £12 each.The cost of this was our only real gripe as it was not worth more than £6 each tops.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Given the mixed reviews and the 2* rating I was a little wary about staying here but was actually pleasantly surprised The hotel was clean and in good repair The decor not to everyone's taste but in keeping with a Victorian property We were allocated room 13 on the top floor and at the front of the hotel I'd say the room was cosy - Not quite big enough for a double bed, so it had a very comfortable queen (UK not USA) size bed We booked and paid for a standard double, so pleased we didn't decide on the slightly cheaper cosy double! The bathroom was clean and modern with a shower over the bath and had that slightly drains smell that all hotel bathrooms seem to have Breakfast was an extra £12 each and as with all hotel breakfast not good value but tasty enough All in all an average 2* hotel that I won't rush back to but would stay in again if in the area

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Although listed as a hotel I think that I would regard this as a bed and breakfast with a restaurant. I know that sounds strange, but it did feel like a B&B rather than what I think as a hotel. As such it was fine, we had room 5 at the top of the building and this was larger and had a bigger bed in than the other 2 rooms my party slept in. The bedroom and bathroom were clean and functional and the location close to the town was very useful as the restaurant was full the evening we stayed. There were any number of very good restaurants in town so this wasn't a problem.

The price for what is essentially a B&B was rather steep, added to which the breakfast was extra pushed the price well past what I would have expected for the standard.

All-in-All a pleasant place to stay, but if I visited Knutsford again I wouldn't return.

Room Tip: Room 5 seemed to be the biggest.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank DavidHB
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We stayed in the suite which had its own private garden. Dogs are welcomed and the location is brilliant for dog owners opposite a large open parkland. We really loved this hotel. It's unpretentious and friendly. What struck us was the exceptional quality of the furniture, bathroom fittings, and the decoration. Extras in the room such as a clothes brush, ironing board/trouser press, good choice of teas and quality biscuits in the room, nice toiletries made it a very comfortable stay. This hotel isn't for bargain hunters and it's 2 star rating does not do it justice.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Friendly, good location, great bed, a little expensive if full rate paid, would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I was staying over on business and was eating out so I am unable to comment on the restaurant.
The first thing to mention is the location, 5 - 10 minutes walk from the town
I was welcomes by a very friendly lady who explained where everything was.
The bedroom I stayed in was very nice and they had gone to some trouble to ensure that you have everything you want and the decor was welcoming, the only let down though was the bathroom that was very dated the taps and shower were working but old !
The breakfast was very tasty and a good choice. The Cellar Bar was cosy with a good selection of drinks.
Despite other comments I would definitely say this is a Hotel and not a B and B and the only let down for me was the bathroom.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knutsford
Cottons Hotel & Spa
Ibis Budget Knutsford Tabley
Travelodge Knutsford M6
Travelodge Knutsford M6
#4 of 9 in Knutsford

Been to Longview Hotel? Share your experiences!