“Excellent B&B”

Ranked #1 of 14 Knutsford B&B and Inns
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Excellent B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

My husband and I, and our 20 month year old daughter stayed at Moss Farm in March 2014 for 2 nights. We were attending a family party at Peover Golf Club and the location was extremely convenient. We stayed in the Rose room which was very comfortable and had lovely views over the farm. The room was spacious with lots of space for a travel cot and had a lovely big bathroom. Rachel was very friendly and made us feel very welcome and comfortable. The breakfast menu was extensive and the quality and freshness of the food served was excellent. Our daughter even had her own boiled egg and soldiers with a special chicken egg cover which she loved! We would definitely recommend staying at Moss Farm.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Rachel N, Owner at Moss Farm, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
What a lovely review - thank you so much. We were so glad you enjoyed your stay here and how nice that you can now put boiled eggs on the menu for breakfast!! If you need the knitting pattern for the egg cosies just let me know. Try and put your feet up and take care, Rachel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Bridgend, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

A colleague and I recently stayed at Moss Farm, for a night, when working close by (very close by as it turned out; we were working in the fields over the road!). We arrived a bit later than we originally thought and were greeted by Rachel who was very welcoming and showed us to to our rooms which were very comfortable, clean and well stocked with teas and coffees, very important for those of us that work in the great outdoors! Rachel then directed us to the Crown for Pie night, another important facility for the wandering contractor, where we both had a fantastic chicken and asparagus pie and a pint of Landlord. In the morning I had a delicious full English whereas my colleague went for a pile of salmon, eggs and muffins, we were almost to full to contemplate a day of work but, sadly, had to leave and get on with the day job.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Rachel N, Owner at Moss Farm, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We really do appreciate the comments made. Glad you managed to find us and you take the top spot for being the closest guests we have EVER had working at the end of the drive - at least you knew you wouldn't be late for work! Great to meet you and maybe you might be back in the area again and look us up. Take Care, Rachel
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Hi. my name is lewis.
I have previously stayed at moss farm b&b because my company had booked for me to stay there, I travel alot for work. Out of all the places the company has sent me i can honestly say that this cosy b&b is by far the best. better than your average premiere- in that's for sure!.
rachel was a great host, rooms were comfortable, clean and big, also kept at a warm temperature. The lay out of the kitchen and lounge was amazing. rachel would come every evening and put coal or logs to fuel the fireplace. it was the kind off room you really could just switch off in..
the only fault i could say is that the pictures on the website doesn't do moss farm any justice as i was completely shocked to see an up to date. perfectly modernized finished building with everything done to perfection.
overall 10 out of 10! would recommend anybody to stay at moss farm,

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Lewis a
Rachel N, Owner at Moss Farm, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. It was lovely to meet you and so glad you enjoyed your stay in Cheshire. I'm particularly pleased you found the place nice and warm - finally our 'green' heating system is working a treat. Take care Lewis maybe we'll be able to welcome you again sometime. thanks Rachel
Devon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed here for three nights this week. Brilliant! We've been around a bit and this is the friendliest place we have found for ages. We stayed in the annex accommodation with its massive kitchen, and guest sitting room with efficient woodburner and HD TV. Very nicely done, a bit lacking in decorative stuff like pictures, but the kitchen is to die for with its excellent fixtures and fittings. Our bed was huge and extremely comfortable with crisp bed linen and decent pillows. The en suite bathroom with walk in shower was a bit dark but well appointed, with a powerful shower and plenty of hot water. Great! The Breakfast menu is extensive with lots to choose from, and the food well presented and well cooked - the properly poached eggs were most impressive! Apart from needing a hair dryer and a wall mirror near a plug in our room, Moss Farm is pretty near perfect B&B accommodation, and Rachel is the perfect host.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DevonVal
Rachel N, Owner at Moss Farm, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to right your review. I'm glad you managed to get home safely and I hope you had plenty of time to get ready for your guests. It was a real treat to meet you both and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. I think I should be on commission for that bed - I have so many requests from guests wanting to take it away, maybe one day I'll try it myself !
Lovely to meet you both and such great conversation. Have a fabulous Christmas. Maybe we'll be able to welcome you again next year? Take Care, Rachel
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

We visited Moss Farm for the weekend to go to Tatton Park Flower show 2013. This was a very fortunate find as we had been searching for accomodation but all was booked. Rachel had just released her rooms so we got in just in time. We went with family and had two extremely comfortable rooms. My husbands sister and brother-in-law had the Rose Room and thoroughly enjoyed the jacuzzi bath and we had the Garden Room which was also self catering. We had bed and breakfast but with the flexibility to do our own cooking in the evening if we wanted. The weather was good and the first morning we were able to have our tasty breakfast in the garden outside our room. It was beautifully laid out and our hosts could not have done more to make our stay enjoyable. We highly recommend Moss Farm. Please choose to stay here if you can. If we are up that way again we would like to stay here. We were recommended a local pub to have evening dinner, and the eventful walk across the fields complete with bull and cows,and then across a golf course was as event in itself. The dinner more than made up for our adventure! Safe to say we followed the road on our way back to the accommodation.

Room Tip: All the rooms had a unique quality - hard to choose which one to have. Lovely setting.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chunkyblonde
Rachel N, Owner at Moss Farm, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. It certainly was a hectic few days when you were here and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. I think the fabulous weather helped and having breakfast on the terrace did give us all the 'continental' feel. I am still telling guests about your trek over the fields to the pub - it was so nice that a whole group of you went together not knowing each other and returned friends! Maybe next time I will give you a compass as well as a map! Lovely to meet you all and who knows we might be able to welcome you again sometime soon. Take Care Rachel
Teddington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Rachel, the hotel owner was pleasant both times that we met her. The room we stayed in with the jacuzzi style bath was a very unique touch and the rooms had lovely views whilst being extremely clean throughout. The first time we stayed Rachel even let us watch some of her own DVD's which was very nice and she was also extremely welcoming. The breakfast was very tastey and overall the stay was relaxing throughout. It was also nice that when we pulled up on the drive way Rachel came out and helped us with our bags. We also stayed for the second time and had an equally good experience which was very pleasing. The second time we attempted to book however it was a little trickier- as a business professional I always use email and got no response. After a follow up phone call we managed to book. More recently we tried to book again and sadly had no response again by email but this time I felt I shouldnt have to follow it up with a phone call as afterall I am the customer. I then left a review on here stating this and then did get a response from Rachel, who was clearly quite hurt by my comments. The previous review I left on here was out of genuine disappointment because we did want to stay again as it was so good but I find it odd that Moss farm's website has an email address on there but it obviously is not looked at. I had thought that perhaps Rachel did not want us to stay hence not replying but I cannot think why as we always said how good it was upon exiting. In Rachel's response she said she doesn't understand why we don't telephone her instead of emailing- but I feel that should not be an issue; if we wish to email we should be able to. Rachel was very friendly and an attentive host- it is a real shame that this has been left with a sour taste for both parties. I really would suggest she removes the email address from her site as it would be better for all. Apart from this and a broken bathroom under cupboard lamp both times we stayed I really couldn't fault the rest of the experience.

Room Tip: Book by telephone only
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Dom T
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

crisp white bedding cosy garden studio, it was a lovely treat, hot croissants home made jam
and fresh coffee in the morning just perfect, rachel even took us back to the golf club
to pick up our car, lovely lady.

Room Tip: the studio has a lovey aspect over the garden and sitting out area.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SUEGO2013
Rachel N, Manager at Moss Farm, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay albeit brief. I think the whole weekend was a bit of a whirl for you with the wedding and all. I do hope that if things go according to plan you have lots of lovely holidays in Australia! Who knows we might be able to welcome you back again sometime to Moss Farm. It was lovely to meet you both. take care. Rachel