“my stay at moss farm.”

Moss Farm
Ranked #1 of 14 Knutsford B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Hi. my name is lewis.
I have previously stayed at moss farm b&b because my company had booked for me to stay there, I travel alot for work. Out of all the places the company has sent me i can honestly say that this cosy b&b is by far the best. better than your average premiere- in that's for sure!.
rachel was a great host, rooms were comfortable, clean and big, also kept at a warm temperature. The lay out of the kitchen and lounge was amazing. rachel would come every evening and put coal or logs to fuel the fireplace. it was the kind off room you really could just switch off in..
the only fault i could say is that the pictures on the website doesn't do moss farm any justice as i was completely shocked to see an up to date. perfectly modernized finished building with everything done to perfection.
overall 10 out of 10! would recommend anybody to stay at moss farm,

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Lewis a
Rachel N, Owner at Moss Farm, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. It was lovely to meet you and so glad you enjoyed your stay in Cheshire. I'm particularly pleased you found the place nice and warm - finally our 'green' heating system is working a treat. Take care Lewis maybe we'll be able to welcome you again sometime. thanks Rachel

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed here for three nights this week. Brilliant! We've been around a bit and this is the friendliest place we have found for ages. We stayed in the annex accommodation with its massive kitchen, and guest sitting room with efficient woodburner and HD TV. Very nicely done, a bit lacking in decorative stuff like pictures, but the kitchen is to die for with its excellent fixtures and fittings. Our bed was huge and extremely comfortable with crisp bed linen and decent pillows. The en suite bathroom with walk in shower was a bit dark but well appointed, with a powerful shower and plenty of hot water. Great! The Breakfast menu is extensive with lots to choose from, and the food well presented and well cooked - the properly poached eggs were most impressive! Apart from needing a hair dryer and a wall mirror near a plug in our room, Moss Farm is pretty near perfect B&B accommodation, and Rachel is the perfect host.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DevonVal
Rachel N, Owner at Moss Farm, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to right your review. I'm glad you managed to get home safely and I hope you had plenty of time to get ready for your guests. It was a real treat to meet you both and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. I think I should be on commission for that bed - I have so many requests from guests wanting to take it away, maybe one day I'll try it myself !
Lovely to meet you both and such great conversation. Have a fabulous Christmas. Maybe we'll be able to welcome you again next year? Take Care, Rachel

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We visited Moss Farm for the weekend to go to Tatton Park Flower show 2013. This was a very fortunate find as we had been searching for accomodation but all was booked. Rachel had just released her rooms so we got in just in time. We went with family and had two extremely comfortable rooms. My husbands sister and brother-in-law had the Rose Room and thoroughly enjoyed the jacuzzi bath and we had the Garden Room which was also self catering. We had bed and breakfast but with the flexibility to do our own cooking in the evening if we wanted. The weather was good and the first morning we were able to have our tasty breakfast in the garden outside our room. It was beautifully laid out and our hosts could not have done more to make our stay enjoyable. We highly recommend Moss Farm. Please choose to stay here if you can. If we are up that way again we would like to stay here. We were recommended a local pub to have evening dinner, and the eventful walk across the fields complete with bull and cows,and then across a golf course was as event in itself. The dinner more than made up for our adventure! Safe to say we followed the road on our way back to the accommodation.

Room Tip: All the rooms had a unique quality - hard to choose which one to have. Lovely setting.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chunkyblonde
Rachel N, Owner at Moss Farm, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. It certainly was a hectic few days when you were here and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. I think the fabulous weather helped and having breakfast on the terrace did give us all the 'continental' feel. I am still telling guests about your trek over the fields to the pub - it was so nice that a whole group of you went together not knowing each other and returned friends! Maybe next time I will give you a compass as well as a map! Lovely to meet you all and who knows we might be able to welcome you again sometime soon. Take Care Rachel

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Rachel, the hotel owner was pleasant both times that we met her. The room we stayed in with the jacuzzi style bath was a very unique touch and the rooms had lovely views whilst being extremely clean throughout. The first time we stayed Rachel even let us watch some of her own DVD's which was very nice and she was also extremely welcoming. The breakfast was very tastey and overall the stay was relaxing throughout. It was also nice that when we pulled up on the drive way Rachel came out and helped us with our bags. We also stayed for the second time and had an equally good experience which was very pleasing. The second time we attempted to book however it was a little trickier- as a business professional I always use email and got no response. After a follow up phone call we managed to book. More recently we tried to book again and sadly had no response again by email but this time I felt I shouldnt have to follow it up with a phone call as afterall I am the customer. I then left a review on here stating this and then did get a response from Rachel, who was clearly quite hurt by my comments. The previous review I left on here was out of genuine disappointment because we did want to stay again as it was so good but I find it odd that Moss farm's website has an email address on there but it obviously is not looked at. I had thought that perhaps Rachel did not want us to stay hence not replying but I cannot think why as we always said how good it was upon exiting. In Rachel's response she said she doesn't understand why we don't telephone her instead of emailing- but I feel that should not be an issue; if we wish to email we should be able to. Rachel was very friendly and an attentive host- it is a real shame that this has been left with a sour taste for both parties. I really would suggest she removes the email address from her site as it would be better for all. Apart from this and a broken bathroom under cupboard lamp both times we stayed I really couldn't fault the rest of the experience.

Room Tip: Book by telephone only
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Dom T
Reviewed October 12, 2013

crisp white bedding cosy garden studio, it was a lovely treat, hot croissants home made jam
and fresh coffee in the morning just perfect, rachel even took us back to the golf club
to pick up our car, lovely lady.

Room Tip: the studio has a lovey aspect over the garden and sitting out area.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SUEGO2013
Rachel N, Manager at Moss Farm, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay albeit brief. I think the whole weekend was a bit of a whirl for you with the wedding and all. I do hope that if things go according to plan you have lots of lovely holidays in Australia! Who knows we might be able to welcome you back again sometime to Moss Farm. It was lovely to meet you both. take care. Rachel

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Loved staying here. Shame it was only for a night. Our room was huge, nicely decorated with a huge bathroom and a jacuzzi which unfortunately we never got to use! All super clean and well presented.
Rachel is a lovely host! She served up a lovely breakfast with little extra's that put the B and B well above average!
My partner and I loved the location too - so peaceful and beautiful to wake up to. Recommend a stay and not far from knutsford or Manchester. :) thank you!

• Stayed: October 2013
Rachel N, Owner at Moss Farm, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you so much for the lovely comments in your review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. The Rose room is always a favourite it was just a shame you were only here for the one night! Glad you got home safe. It would be great to be able to welcome you back sometime soon. Take Care, Many thanks Rachel

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Return customer here. Due to a boiler problem in the main house, we were put in the almost completed annex, where a lot of thought has gone into the interior design. A delight after various standards of accommodation in England. Rachel was wonderful and lit a fire in the lounge for us. Great traditional breakfast with beautiful homemade preserves. Excellent location for Manchester Airport, Chester, Knutsford......

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

It was great to be able to welcome you all back again for a couple of days. As usual you had lots of interesting conversation which is always nice. Glad you all had a safe journey home. Maybe we can welcome you again when you have your next trip around Europe. It was nice that you liked the new accommodation. Thanks for your lovely comments. Take Care