“Perfect for Tatton Park flower show”
Review of Moss Farm

Moss Farm
Ranked #1 of 14 Knutsford B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We visited Moss Farm for the weekend to go to Tatton Park Flower show 2013. This was a very fortunate find as we had been searching for accomodation but all was booked. Rachel had just released her rooms so we got in just in time. We went with family and had two extremely comfortable rooms. My husbands sister and brother-in-law had the Rose Room and thoroughly enjoyed the jacuzzi bath and we had the Garden Room which was also self catering. We had bed and breakfast but with the flexibility to do our own cooking in the evening if we wanted. The weather was good and the first morning we were able to have our tasty breakfast in the garden outside our room. It was beautifully laid out and our hosts could not have done more to make our stay enjoyable. We highly recommend Moss Farm. Please choose to stay here if you can. If we are up that way again we would like to stay here. We were recommended a local pub to have evening dinner, and the eventful walk across the fields complete with bull and cows,and then across a golf course was as event in itself. The dinner more than made up for our adventure! Safe to say we followed the road on our way back to the accommodation.

Room Tip: All the rooms had a unique quality - hard to choose which one to have. Lovely setting.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chunkyblonde
Rachel N, Owner at Moss Farm, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. It certainly was a hectic few days when you were here and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. I think the fabulous weather helped and having breakfast on the terrace did give us all the 'continental' feel. I am still telling guests about your trek over the fields to the pub - it was so nice that a whole group of you went together not knowing each other and returned friends! Maybe next time I will give you a compass as well as a map! Lovely to meet you all and who knows we might be able to welcome you again sometime soon. Take Care Rachel

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Rachel, the hotel owner was pleasant both times that we met her. The room we stayed in with the jacuzzi style bath was a very unique touch and the rooms had lovely views whilst being extremely clean throughout. The first time we stayed Rachel even let us watch some of her own DVD's which was very nice and she was also extremely welcoming. The breakfast was very tastey and overall the stay was relaxing throughout. It was also nice that when we pulled up on the drive way Rachel came out and helped us with our bags. We also stayed for the second time and had an equally good experience which was very pleasing. The second time we attempted to book however it was a little trickier- as a business professional I always use email and got no response. After a follow up phone call we managed to book. More recently we tried to book again and sadly had no response again by email but this time I felt I shouldnt have to follow it up with a phone call as afterall I am the customer. I then left a review on here stating this and then did get a response from Rachel, who was clearly quite hurt by my comments. The previous review I left on here was out of genuine disappointment because we did want to stay again as it was so good but I find it odd that Moss farm's website has an email address on there but it obviously is not looked at. I had thought that perhaps Rachel did not want us to stay hence not replying but I cannot think why as we always said how good it was upon exiting. In Rachel's response she said she doesn't understand why we don't telephone her instead of emailing- but I feel that should not be an issue; if we wish to email we should be able to. Rachel was very friendly and an attentive host- it is a real shame that this has been left with a sour taste for both parties. I really would suggest she removes the email address from her site as it would be better for all. Apart from this and a broken bathroom under cupboard lamp both times we stayed I really couldn't fault the rest of the experience.

Room Tip: Book by telephone only
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Dom T
Reviewed October 12, 2013

crisp white bedding cosy garden studio, it was a lovely treat, hot croissants home made jam
and fresh coffee in the morning just perfect, rachel even took us back to the golf club
to pick up our car, lovely lady.

Room Tip: the studio has a lovey aspect over the garden and sitting out area.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SUEGO2013
Rachel N, Manager at Moss Farm, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay albeit brief. I think the whole weekend was a bit of a whirl for you with the wedding and all. I do hope that if things go according to plan you have lots of lovely holidays in Australia! Who knows we might be able to welcome you back again sometime to Moss Farm. It was lovely to meet you both. take care. Rachel

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Loved staying here. Shame it was only for a night. Our room was huge, nicely decorated with a huge bathroom and a jacuzzi which unfortunately we never got to use! All super clean and well presented.
Rachel is a lovely host! She served up a lovely breakfast with little extra's that put the B and B well above average!
My partner and I loved the location too - so peaceful and beautiful to wake up to. Recommend a stay and not far from knutsford or Manchester. :) thank you!

• Stayed: October 2013
Rachel N, Owner at Moss Farm, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you so much for the lovely comments in your review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. The Rose room is always a favourite it was just a shame you were only here for the one night! Glad you got home safe. It would be great to be able to welcome you back sometime soon. Take Care, Many thanks Rachel

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Return customer here. Due to a boiler problem in the main house, we were put in the almost completed annex, where a lot of thought has gone into the interior design. A delight after various standards of accommodation in England. Rachel was wonderful and lit a fire in the lounge for us. Great traditional breakfast with beautiful homemade preserves. Excellent location for Manchester Airport, Chester, Knutsford......

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

It was great to be able to welcome you all back again for a couple of days. As usual you had lots of interesting conversation which is always nice. Glad you all had a safe journey home. Maybe we can welcome you again when you have your next trip around Europe. It was nice that you liked the new accommodation. Thanks for your lovely comments. Take Care

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I always stay at Moss Farm when visiting friends in Warrington. It is ideal, near the motorway, round the corner from Knutsford and set in beautiful grounds. My son (22 months) and I recently stayed in the garden room. It has its own entrance and self catering facilities, great for adventurous toddlers. Rachel was friendly and helpful as always. The bed was big and comfortable and the breakfast was lovely. I strongly recommend the porridge with fresh fruit and the home made preservatives are a bit special. For my son, having the sheep, chickens, cats and tractors on site made our stay really special. Thanks again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your lovely review. I know you are such a busy Mum and we really do appreciate your comments. We look forward to being able to welcome you again sometime.....maybe Freddie will be big enough to ride the sheep...or tractor next time!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We booked an overnight stay at Moss Farm as were spending our friday afternoon/evening at Jodrell Bank for the Sigur Ros concert. Myself and my partner were warmly welcomed by Rachel and shown to the Oak Room, the room was well prepared with an extremely soft & comfy bed!After struggling with other guests to book a taxi to get to Jodrell Bank, Rachel very kindly gave us all a lift to the venue. The night stay was very relaxing and considering it is a working farm we werent disturbed by any animal noises etc.
The breakfast the next morning was freshly prepared and served in the main house which was decorated in a manner which complimented the country feel.
Overall, we very much enjoyed our stay here and if we are to visit the area again then Moss Farm would be one of our first considerations to book.

*Even the resident cat, Bella, took a liking to my partner who found this very amusing!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks Beth for taking the time to write a review. It was quite a hectic weekend when you were here and so glad you all had such a good time. Please remember us if you are going to the festival next year, if you book early enough you could have the room with the view of the Lovell Telescope! Great to meet you both, take care.. with thanks from Rachel