“needs an update”
Review of The Cross Keys

The Cross Keys
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Knutsford
Reviewed February 19, 2012

This hotel could be so much better - it needs a good lick of paint and the bathrooms need completely refurbishing. The towel rail was so full of rust we were loathe to put towels on it and the bath panel was cracked (we were in room 1), not to mention the toilet brush !. I know it was an old coaching house but it needn't be as shabby as it is.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sharon A

Reviewed January 13, 2012

I stayed at the cross keys with my wife during the festive period and had a wonderful stay. Our room was clean, cosy and pleasant. The bar area was cheerful, mostly because of the staff and landlord Andrew, and the drinks were plentiful. Like most of the reviews on here I was most impressed with the breakfast, which was fresh and hot and as the landlord informed me, all local produce. I have to say I'm astonished by some of the derogatory reviews, I think a competitor may be responsible as all I can say about the cross keys are good things. I will definately be staying again!

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Smudger1979
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Stayed her sat 27th Aug .... arrived at 1pm went in bar area to be greeted by the strangest smell !!! Bar staff very helpful thou and gave us directions to free parking .... checked in to room 8 was given key was like a maize up and down stairs still the strange smell apparent !! room 8 was tired small double bed damp patch on wall and window sill awash with water from leaky window !! view to a brick wall... bathroom large very small towels not dirty but not clean !! the smell was overpowering but couldnt tell you what it was .... drinks in bar were ok and staff were nice and cheery had duet on in the eve that was nice touch.... 7am drilling and work noise not sure what or why !! breakfast was nice plenty tea toast and full cooked breakfast was very fresh and hot best thing about the place ....

Room Tip: not sure what to suggest
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank c8burg
Reviewed August 8, 2011

They should be paying us to stay there, the place is bogging, ripped carpets, wall paper hanging of the wall, blue mold in the breakfast area on the Walls. It's a dump, don't go near it. You best sleep in the car.

• Stayed: February 2011
5  Thank Mellorface
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We stayed here for one night and found it clean, quiet (stayed in extension behind the hotel) and with a good hearty breakfast. The staff were very helpful and I was delighted when some jewellery I'd left at a nearby wine bar was found by Rachel and posted back to me the next day.
Rooms are due for an update but I'd definitely stay again due to the great service and perfect location for Knutsford.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CCC010
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Stayed here for one night in May. Struggled to find car park, husband went to ask at the bar if we were parked in the right place. He was told yes so we dragged case downhill to check in. We were given keys then told to follow steep path back up to near car park to our room!!! Outer door didn't lock. Room ok, didn't feel really clean and main light didn't work. Shower worked but was cold on the evening and morning. Good selection of cereals and nice toast. Cooked breakfast was big but egg almost felt plastic !! It did a job for one night but we wouldn't return.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank squeasy
Reviewed February 21, 2011

We stayed in room 2 it was clean warm and very comfy it had free view tv a hot shower and radiators throwing out lots of heat for the price we paid eighty five a treat the only problem we found was finding the car park which is situated on princess street a the rear of the pub the cross keys but thanks to other peoples reviews we found it some people gave the cross keys a bad review but me it was great to finish the breakfast was super fresh and hot plenty of refills ie coffee toast fresh orange and to Finnish I will be returnig again a special thanks to all who made or stay great

• Stayed: February 2011