“great stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Lockerbie
Bottesford
“great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2008

Arrive here late saturday on a motorcycle with no booking but was welcomed in . The hotel is a short distance off the motorway just outside of town , it's a turn of the century building set in its own grounds on the outskirts of town . The rooms were fresh and seemed to have being refurbished recently , the rest of the hotel was a mixture of old and modern . I found the food in the hotel very good and not over priced .The staff I encountered were very pleasant and a credit to the hotel. Overall its an ideal place to stay enroute to the highlands.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2008

We stayed at the Queens as a group as we were attending a wedding. We all found this hotel very comfortable and the staff very friendly.. We had the wedding dinner here, and it was of extremely good standard and value for money. The rooms were comfortable and the surrouding area is very peaceful.
Overall this was a very relaxing experience combined with good food and excellent service. We would certainly stay here again.

• Liked — Friendly Staff and good food
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Craigavon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2008

Just back from a brilliant weekend staying at Queen's Hotel, Lockerbie. Picked this hotel to stay in just by chance as my cousin was getting married in Gretna Green. (Gretna was all booked out.). Excellent choice!
What made it so good was the staff, very friendly, helpful and welcoming. For my cousin's wedding dinner one of the barmen played his bagpipes, he was brilliant!
The bar food was really good with excellent choice and drinks were very reasonably priced, £20 for a round of drinks for 10 people, we would pay a lot more back home.
The rooms were fine, the extension at the back seemed to have nicer rooms and all had been decorated recently. The gym was good and I wish I had got to use the sauna & pool.
Will probably stay in this hotel again if I'm heading that direction again.

• Liked — Staff & friendly atmosphere
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
teesside
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2008

myself, family and friends all stayed here for my wedding. everyone commented how lovely the hotel was, the staff could not do enough and the food was gorgeous. we will be going again for our first wedding anniversary.

• Liked — such a lovely welcome you felt at home
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
edinburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2007

My husband & I stayed at the Queens in August, and had a lovely time. The staff were 1st class, the room was lovely (just been refurbished I would say) and the food was second to none. I would certainly recommend this Hotel in the future

• Liked — the whole package !
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scotwaha
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2007

I would not advise anyone to visit the Queens Hotel in Lockerbie. I was unfortunate enough to dine in their restaurant recently. However, my evening was ruined by the rudeness of the staff - especially the owner / manager.
I suffered a barrage of absue after not managing to finish my meal. The owner (who was waiting in the restaurant that evening) would not leave the table until I had given him an explanation of why I hadn't eaten all of the food. He then proceeded to fetch a 'clean plate' from a 'satisfied customer' and inform me that that was what he expected. He also refered to me as a 'foreigner' (I'm English) in a very derogatory manner.
Later on that evening infront of the whole dining room, he shouted 'everyone happy with their meals?' and then walked over to me saying 'there's no point in asking you!' loudly enough for the everyone to hear.
Unfortunately this man didn't seem to think there was anything wrong with his actions, and didn't apologise. I would therefore, suggest you think very carefully before planning an evening / stay at the Queens Hotel, especially if for a special occassion.

Stayed October 2007
2 Thank Londongirl04
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2007

We stayed here for the weekend as part of a private function. We had a number of rooms in the hotel and all were fine. Ours was very small but we were only in it to sleep so that was ok. The bathroom was nice. We had dinner in the bar before the function and the food was good value for money and the plate fulls were generous. Breakfast the next morning was also everything you would expect. The hotel building itself leaves something to be desired - its a nice, original old building with a dreadful flat roofed extension on the side that ruins the look of the place. Plentiful car parking available. Personally I thought the overall price was a bit expensive for the size and quality of room, but things like the niceness of the staff made up for that.

• Liked — Nice staff, good sized dinner portions
  • Disliked — Our room was very small
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lockerbie
Townhead Hotel
Days Inn Lockerbie Annandale Water
Trigony House Hotel
Trigony House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Closeburn

Been to Queens Hotel? Share your experiences!