“Hotel Meals”

Dining at Queens Hotel
Ranked #13 of 22 Restaurants in Lockerbie
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Evening meals, very good too, lots of choices, washed down with pint (or two), if you want to eat out, then Lockerbie is short drive down the road.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We popped in here as we were staying at the Murrayfield b&b 5 mins drive away.
We were met at reception by a lovely lady, who showed us through to the bar, did not get her name but she is a credit to the hotel. We just wanted a quick meal as we were shattered from a long drive.
Service was instant and the food arrived very quickly, everything was perfect and price wise was spot on.

The lady that met us at reception was very attentive and I recommend the Queens for dinner, also its right by the M74, so perfect spot.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The happy hour 2 courses for £10 or add a third course for an extra £2 was very popular and good value for money. Steaks were also good quality, as was the cooked dinner, Macaroni cheese the main option for veggies but not a great choice for non meat eaters.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

8/5/2013
A certain member of staff in the Queens hotel needs some training on the dietary needs of someone who suffers from Coeliac disease. I was diagnosed very recently with the condition and am therefore coming to terms with what I can and can't eat. Knowing what is and is not gluten free can be confusing - sauces etc. I asked the waitress / barmaid about the starter menu and was surprised when she said that I should know what I can eat. She never made any effort to assist and when I asked her if she had come across people with the condition before all she could say was "from time to time". and did not seem a bit bothered whether I ate there or not. Eating out is an enjoyable experience, not on this occasion.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Went to Queens Hotel, Lockerbie for a meal on Saturday 18th Feb, as I had a give voucher to use for food which I was given at Christmas, Sad to say the meal was very dissapointing and I won't be back in a hurry. The Queens is a nice small hotel, which is easy seen from the motorway as you pass the Lockerbie exit travelling north, but If you are stopping for a meal on your journey, try somewhere else in Lockerbie. Kings Arms in centre of town provides very good meals, and always gets good reports.

My husband had the steak pie, which came with chips and garden peas, - not very exciting. The peas were cold, and the pastry was rock hard and inedible. Not much meat in the pie either. The waitress did eventually come and ask if everything was ok, and when told of our complaint she simply grinned and did'nt even apologise. No apology from management either or no refund. Did'nt bother with a sweet, as was rather annoyed by this stage, Give it a miss.

1  Thank Penelope385