“Hospitality Plus”

Townhead Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lockerbie
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 16, 2014

When we were planning our visit to Lockerbie Stephen was just in the process of getting settled in, having taken over the pub.

By the time we arrived, we were treated to a freshly renovated, welcoming hotel.

Stephen went out of his way and made every effort to ensure we were comfortable, and was helpful in our planning to visit local sites (my wife's ancestors were from this area). All staff members were helpful and friendly and made every effort to ensure our visit was enjoyable.

Meals were huge and tasty. The room was clean and fresh. The plumbing worked!

We can not thank Stephen and his staff enough for such an enjoyable visit.

2  Thank gbossley
Stephen M, Owner at Townhead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Good morning from a sunny Lockerbie.

Thank you very very much for your kind words.

It's always strange when you arrive in a small town, and even more when your ancestors are from the area, so it was my pleasure to help you in any way we could.

I was lovely to meet you both, and I think by the time you left it felt that you were part of the locals, which is a great feeling to have.
My staff enjoyed their wee tokens you both left, and Eddie was over the moon!

We look forward to meeting you again if you are ever in the area.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Came off motorway to find something other than expensive motorway services and we found this little gem 3 minutes from the motorway.
Freshly decorated, very pleasant attentive staff, great food well presented. We will be returning here for sure.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mary C
Stephen M, Owner at Townhead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your review of the Townhead Hotel here in Lockerbie.

I am pleased that you were happy with everything during your visit, and that my staff looked after you so well. We look forward to meeting you again hopefully soon if you are in this part of the country.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Being a local, I've driven past the Townhead and always thought it was a bit of a drinking mans pub, but after having dinner there last night I have to admit I was totally wrong.

Walk inside and you'll be greeted by fresh decor, a nice modern setup and very much on the ball landlord. Certainly not a drinking mans pub!

The staff are switched on (in fact I caught our friendly landlord giving one of the bar staff a wee nip because there was somebody waiting with an empty glass), friendly and very efficient.

We were looked after impeccably, our food was good and the beer spot on. It's great to see a place being run properly and we felt very welcome - so that means we'll be back again.

See you soon Townhead & well done!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank JockTheCritic
Stephen M, Owner at Townhead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear Customer

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review for the Townhead Hotel.

It gives us all a great sense of pride when we see reviews coming in, and it gives my staff the praise that they deserve.
We try our best to make sure that every customer that comes through our door is treated the best possible way, and that they leave feel satisfied, and happy.

We will look forward to seeing you again hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Fantastic food and drink and first class service with friendly attentive staff. Well done the Townhead. If you visit Dumfriesshire you must visit the Townhead in lockerbie for a meal or to stay.
The best thing about Lockerbie is the Townhead Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Gary P

Hi Guys

Many thanks for your kind words. We love to hear what our customers think. I'm glad your visit was enjoyable, and I will pass on your comments to the rest of the staff. I hope that you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I have eaten at the Townhead twice now and was impressed both time. The food was good and the price was very reasonable. Excellent service too from the friendly staff and nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Iain A
Stephen M, Owner at Townhead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Hi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Townhead Hotel.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and that you have returned again. Our aim is to build on the service we provide, and make sure we continue to see many happy customers, both old, and new.

I will pass on your comments to my staff, however they have now became avid readers of this review page, and always like to see what our customers have said.

Stephen

Reviewed May 31, 2014

We went to the Townhead Hotel for our anniversary meal and as always the meal was fantastic!! Staff are very friendly and efficient!! Everything about the Townhead Hotel is fantastic - seating area, atmosphere, cleanliness!! I was given a bouquet of flowers at the end of our meal and I cannot THANK Stephen and his wonderful staff enough for these!!! Keep up the FANTASTIC WORK!!

3  Thank Jan2167
Stephen M, Owner at Townhead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Hi folks,

It was really nice to see you both enjoyed your anniversary evening with us here at The Townhead Hotel.
My staff read our reviews regularly, and it gives them a sense of pride when they read all the reviews about how well they have done.

We intend to keep up the hard work, and we are hoping that after our latest award, we will be aiming for accreditation and awards now from other areas.

Looking forward to seeing you both again soon.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Travelling back home from Skye to Dorset, we headed into Lockerbie to look for overnight accommodation on Saturday 24 May as we had not booked anywhere in advance.
We saw a 'Rooms available' sign outside the Townhead Hotel and called in to have a look. The hotel was very busy serving meals and drinks but the owner made us very welcome and took the time to show us a couple of rooms so we had a choice of accommodation. We had a good meal in the restaurant and an excellent Scottish breakfast the next morning. A lot of the hotel has been attractively refurbished and our room was clean, warm and comfortable. The recently refurbished ensuite still needed some finishing touches to the decor, and some hooks would be helpful. A full length mirror would be a useful addition to the bedroom. All the staff were friendly and helpful and we would certainly be happy to stay there again. We felt it was good value for money. David and Maureen P.

3  Thank DandM P
Stephen M, Owner at Townhead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Guest

I would firstly like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your stay with us here at the Townhead Hotel.

We try our best to make each of our customers feel as welcome as possible, and it was nice to read that you felt all my staff were helpful and friendly.

With regards to your wee tips and the full length mirrors etc, I have taken these on board, and these small but meaningful ideas will be addressed within the next week.

Once again I would like to thank you for your kind words, and my staff and myself look forward to seeing you again when you are up this way.

Stephen Montgomery

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lockerbie
Best Western Dryfesdale Country House Hotel
Holiday Inn Dumfries
Holiday Inn Dumfries
#3 of 7 in Dumfries
Smiths at Gretna Green Hotel

Been to Townhead Hotel? Share your experiences!