$132
Kings Arms(Lockerbie)
$96
Townhead Hotel(Lockerbie)
$96
Days Inn Lockerbie Annandale Water(Lockerbie)(Great Value!)
$94
$79
$75
Blacket House(Lockerbie)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmark and moraghome cookedwarm welcomeexcellent hostsevening mealsmoked salmonlittle gemexcellent foodold friendshigh standardpuddinglocal producequiet villagesat navcomfortable roomsstayed for one nightgreat stopover
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Just returned from our third visit to the Hightae Inn. What a wonderful place this is, we love it. It is truly a charming establishment with hosts who are exceptionally helpful. Our evening meal was delicious and enjoyed in a really nice dining area with oodles of character. This establishment is spotless ,very comfortable and relaxing. If you have not stayed there when travelling in this area you have missed out. This is the only place for us in the region. Thank you Mark and Morag for another fab visit.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely and comfortable
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife and I loved our overnight stay at the Hightae Inn. An unexpected gem situated not far from the M74, we had chosen it as an ideal location to break our long drive from the south coast of England to the Highlands of Scotland. It turned out to also be a great place to eat and a great place to sleep. Mark welcomed us warmly and with great humour - he could have an alternative career as a stand-up comedian, but we're pleased that he doesn't as that would be a big loss to the world of hospitality! The bar was well stocked. The dinner menu was varied & interesting, the ingredients fresh. Morag cooked an amazing meal with style and originality. For example, the new potatoes served were boiled first until nearly cooked, then finished in a frying pan - the reverse of roast potatoes, and delicious. Our room was pristine clean and very comfortable. The whole experience was one that we would like to repeat in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed here overnight on a mini-break to visit the Samye Ling monastery and see a bit of the SW part of Scotland. I had picked Hightae Inn because of the Trip Advisor reviews and was not disappointed. The room was perfect with some lovely touches i.e. lots of interesting magazines to read and Tunnocks teacakes to have with your cup of tea! The inn itself is small and cosy with a woodburning stove, the owners are friendly & helpful with drinks/menu choices. But the food! It is wonderful, I couldn't quite believe all the reviews on here, so rather than go on ad nauseum to you all I will just say "Book now, get a move on. Places like this have to be experienced at least once."

Room Tip: We were in Room 3. An excellent choice.
Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife and I booked room number three and dinner after reading the good reviews in tripadvisor. We had high expectations. The room was spacious, well heated and spotlessly clean (good cleaning of the rooms is something I have grown to appreciate in my travels). There is Wi-Fi and Mark on-hand if you need help connecting. Our dinner was preceded by an introduction to the area by Mark and a good description of the various entrees and starters etc on offer on the menu. I chose Cream of Asparagus Soup - which was deeply creamy and tasted of Asparagus. However there were little accents of other flavours which I enjoyed and it's also the first time I thought the addition of chopped parsley was enhancing rather than just bad habit. My main course was Chicken Pie with lemony carrots accompanied with cabbage. The Hen was juicy in a well made béchamel and leek sauce. (very trad). The whole topped with puff pastry. New spuds completed the dish. I enjoyed my dinner and so did my wife (who also will / has reviewed the Hightae Inn separately) My sleep that night was perfect with no noise from the other residents or noise of any kind from outside. Breakfast ( all the usual stuff you would expect) was served promptly with good (cona filter) coffee. The area round Hightae is lovely with gently rolling hills and patchwork fields. I counted around hundred swallows on the phone line. The Hightae Inn is almost perfect in every respect bar one .. its too far from my own home to visit more regularly. Superb work Morag (owner chef) and Mark (Owner, Barman and everything else except chef) - may you continue to have your well deserved rep on TripAdvisor. Thank you both.

Room Tip: The Fitness centre is the whole of the Scottish Borders outside the Inn.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We found the Hightae purely through Trip Advisor when we were looking for somewhere to stay overnight on the way to a week in Scotland. Rather than go for the "hotel off the motorway" we were looking for somewhere a bit different and a bit special.
What can I say - it does what it says on the tin! Nice room, clean and lovely food (actually, it was the best meal we had all week, although we didn't know it at the time!).
Mark and Morag were perfect hosts and very friendly. Couldn't do enough for us, even to the extent of posting on a jacket we'd managed to leave in the wardrobe!
Would we stay again? Yes, without a doubt. We are planning another week in Scotland next year and the Hightae will certainly be on the agenda for the overnighter!

Room Tip: We had 2 rooms upstairs and both were equally nice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends