“Good Food, Great Value”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Browns Lane has a stylish bar with a relaxed feel, and a restaurant that offers high quality freshly prepared cuisine. Imaginative cocktails to perfectly chilled champagne, freshly prepared lunchtime snack menus to the sumptuous specials board, create a perfect setting for any social occasion - coffee with a friend, a romantic meal for two or a big celebratory meal. The upstairs restaurant offers an a la carte menu of modern English 'with a twist' which changes monthly. All dishes are cooked to order using fresh, seasonal, local produce, by chefs who insist on a very high standard of cuisine. Our food is served until 10pm Monday to Saturday
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I visited Browns Lane for a leaving do. We all ate from the party menu - I had two courses which comprised a delicious mackerel pate and a very tasty risotto. For the price, the food was very good, the atmosphere is buzzing and it would make a good place for large parties to celebrate.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Have eaten here several times in the past...always good and often excellent. This weekend we went as a group of 17 and chose from the fixed price menu on a pre-order basis.....the price was excellent for such a large group and I have to say the food was of a quality that you would ordinarily be happy to pay more for. Staff were fabulous, the service was efficient and friendly and we all had a fantastic time. This meal was for a big family celebration ....my mum and dad's 50th wedding anniversary! Browns Lane didn't let us down in any way...thank you for helping us to have a really great celebration!!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We last visited Browns over 5 years ago and were disappointed by the food so have stayed away since.However, after constantly reading good reviews, we decided to give it another go. I have to admit the food was as good as I have eaten in Loughborough. The service was attentive without being in your face, and the atmosphere we found lovely. A very good dining experience and Browns lane is now back on our rotor of good restaurants

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have had several meals at Browns recently, mostly with work, and I cannot fault them. The food is always excellent, the service is professional and friendly, and they have been extremely helpful in accommodating a range of (sometimes quite curious) dietary requirements. I must commend the management for their helpful and courteous organisation. Nothing I have asked has been too difficult, and they helped to make what can be quite a stressful task, very straightfoward. The setting is lovely. The old building with the lovely decor lends itself wonderfully to an atmospheric experience.

Most recently I took a large group of 25 people for dinner, which we had pre-ordered from the party menu. The food arrived, to the correct people, on time, and tasting delicious! The staff were brilliant in remembering who had ordered what, and where they were sitting which eliminated the awkward 'whose meal is this' scenario and making my experience much more enjoyable. There were several (very) last minute additions and complications, none of which caused even the slightest ripple of confusion. They were, in short, amazing.

I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I went to Browns after being recommended it repeatedly by many of my friends. I booked for a Thursday night, and on arrival for my 8 o'clock seating, I was told I would have to wait a further 20 minutes until I could be seated. Not the best start considering it was a special occasion with my girlfriend and I had booked over a week in advance. The starter was pleasant enough, but my main course didn't arrive for another 30 minutes after this and it wasn't worth the wait. The staff were also very inattentive. I didn't see the hype in the restaurant and I will not be returning.