“Filling, great service and beautiful setting”

Browns Lane Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 263 Restaurants in Loughborough
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Browns Lane has a stylish bar with a relaxed feel, and a restaurant that offers high quality freshly prepared cuisine. Imaginative cocktails to perfectly chilled champagne, freshly prepared lunchtime snack menus to the sumptuous specials board, create a perfect setting for any social occasion - coffee with a friend, a romantic meal for two or a big celebratory meal. The upstairs restaurant offers an a la carte menu of modern English 'with a twist' which changes monthly. All dishes are cooked to order using fresh, seasonal, local produce, by chefs who insist on a very high standard of cuisine. Our food is served until 10pm Monday to Saturday
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“Filling, great service and beautiful setting”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was the second time I went to Brown's Lane and I decided to take my boyfriend there. The food was amazing, we even took pictures because it looked so pretty. The meat was so tasty! The service was excellent, at one point I dropped my knife and the woman was up and offering me one in seconds! It was attentive but not too in your face, perfect. I had the brownie for desert, came on a gorgeous slate plate with popping candy and strawberry sauce, it was to die for and I would definitely recommend it! The whole evening was perfect, thank you Brown's Lane!

We also took bets on the bill and we was £20 over the actual price! Very surprised and happy with that!!

Long Eaton, United Kingdom
“Lovely night out”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This restaurant is one not to be missed. We ate here about 18 months ago (2011) and have kept meaning to go back and we will. The food and decor was superb and the staff were welcoming and efficient. A short notice booking that was accommodated without any fuss. Do go!

Visited February 2012
“Big fish in little pond, good none the less”
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Browns is a good, reliable and well priced restaurant. Service cannot be faulted and the food is always good. Its important to highlight that i say good rather than excellent. The problem is that you sometimes feel that if there was a competitor in the town they would be just that little bit more pushed with what they do. A more exciting menu, a little more 'out there' and a little more memorable. The chefs have the talent clearly but could benefit from that extra push.

Leicester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delightful Restaurant”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had a delightful experience at Browns Lane in Loughborough on Saturday night. We wanted to go somewhere a little more special and we weren't disappointed. We had a beautiful meal in a lovely environment with great service. I had a mushroom on garlic toast starter followed by the fillet steak and it was the nicest meal I've had in a long time. Delicious! Very well done Browns Lane!

Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Food and service were excellent, I had scallops for the starter and they were the best I've ever had, the main course of lamb was perfectly cooked with a nice fresh vegetables, the real surprise of the evening was the bill, i expected it to be much higher for this standard of restaurant, we will certainly go again.