“Works Xmas Lunch”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Browns Lane has a stylish bar with a relaxed feel, and a restaurant that offers high quality freshly prepared cuisine. Imaginative cocktails to perfectly chilled champagne, freshly prepared lunchtime snack menus to the sumptuous specials board, create a perfect setting for any social occasion - coffee with a friend, a romantic meal for two or a big celebratory meal. The upstairs restaurant offers an a la carte menu of modern English 'with a twist' which changes monthly. All dishes are cooked to order using fresh, seasonal, local produce, by chefs who insist on a very high standard of cuisine. Our food is served until 10pm Monday to Saturday
Reviewed December 16, 2012

30 of us went, mid afternoon on a Friday. For what was essentially mass catering they did very well indeed and everybody enjoyed their food. The only dish that was not really good was the steak - possibly a case of trying to lots of different well done, medium and rare steaks all at the same time. We have used them before for our Christmas shindig and we would certainly return.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

A great place for a social evening, and they sell decent wine by the glass! Good food and friendly staff

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Food was ok but it was far too expensive. We paid double what we paid to eat out elsewhere the restaurant needs to review its pricing. The portion sizes were also less generous than other restaurants.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I visited the restaurant for the first time on Saturday night. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the menu was varied and like a previous reviewer I to had a problem picking my main meal because they all sounded so nice. The food itself was really nice and very well cooked,but I have to say the side portion of vegatables which were nice were very small and to someone with an healthy appitite like myself were not very filling. I to had the chocolate brownie and it was very tasty, but once again the portion could have been bigger. The only other thing I would say is the the restaurant itself is not massive and when full can get quite noisy, this did not spoil it for my party but it could who like to have a quiet meal. All in all it was a very pleasant evening.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Heard good things about this place from friends and it certainly exceeded expectations. I couldn't pick my main as it all sounded so nice. The chocolate brownie was fantastic. The only thing that really let it down was the tiny side portion of veg that wasn't cheap.