“Tasty Thai”
Review of Thai Grand

Thai Grand
Ranked #17 of 259 Restaurants in Loughborough
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Leicestershire
“Tasty Thai”
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Food was very tasty and presented very well,service was also very friendly and efficient,lots of dishes to choose from that appear to cater for all tastes
This restaurant is definitely worth a visit if you enjoy Thai or Chinese food.

Visited April 2013

• Polish first
Loughborough, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and service, small rice portions!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have little more to say than that on the day I visited the service was very good and although the portion of rice was far too small for what you usually get for £3+, the food and overall experience was good enough to make we want to return (although not too soon as it is a little on the pricey side for Loughborough!).

Visited July 2012
“Beautiful”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

The food here was excellent, lovely family run buisness. I will return again next time I am in Loughborough... your food was gorgeous.

• Visited May 2013
London
“Delicious Thai Food!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We went to the Thai Grand again last night. Service was friendly and quick and the food did not disappoint.

We were adventurous and went for a selection off their specials menu. The flavours and presentation was fantastic. The mixed platter for two was finger licking good and was presented with a swan carved out of a fresh apple, which was a nice touch.

Steamed fish with 'Tom Kha' sauce really was tasty. We also had the sizzling beef with hot basil leaf, Som dam (papaya salad) as a side dish which was divine and sticky rice which we both love.

The salad was presented with a hand carved flower made from fresh Turnip. We challenged them about this thinking they had a machine to make this but they then showed us that these plate decorations are hand made.

Respect and great attention to detail. Always good Thai Grand, I feel hungry again while writing this review. See you soon!

• Visited May 2013
Rutland
“Disappointing”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I cannot understand why this restaurant has all these great reviews. We ate lunch there yesterday. The staff were pleasant enough and they were busy but the food was very disappointing. My husbands tempura vegetables came with fish and chip shop batter, my crispy wontons were soggy and my sons fish cakes were rubbery. The massaman curry had frozen peas and carrot in it as did my husbands beef in oyster sauce which was sweet and salty. The jasmine tea had no aroma or flavour, just hot water. I can only assume that people have not had thai food elsewhere and they think this is the normal standard. It is not. Thai food is usually delicious and full of fresh flavours, this was poor. I would not eat here again if it were free.

Visited May 2013