All reviews free top ups dessert menus chicken roulade continental breakfast four poster bed filtered water bowl of fresh fruit lovely meal generous portions have eaten here pudding fantastic stay couldn't fault nice room one night stay veg fagin
Reviewed September 13, 2016 via mobile

Family impromptu meal. Visited about 3pm on a Monday afternoon, poor waitress was on her own but she did very well considering. She was very busy, efficient & cheerful.
Meal received mixed reviews from party of 4 and good value. Ate from the meal deal (2 courses for £9.95). Whitebait starter wasn't authentic (it was slices of fish not mini fish). There was nothing Greek about Greek chicken & sauce was pretty awful. Steak pie was good.

Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family
Gavin H, Manager at The Hunting Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2016

Thank you for your visits. As much as we love to hear how well we are doing we also appreciate it when people advise us when things have not gone so well. Your comments have been passed on to the appropriate people. We hope this hasn't put you off visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed September 10, 2016 via mobile

Lovely traditional pub, with extremely courteous and helpful staff. Lovely clean and comfortable room set in a lovely scenic and peaceful setting but easily accessible. Great value wouldn't hesitate to stay again and recommend.

Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words. We will look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 3, 2016

We have visited 'The Hunting Lodge' a few times as a convenient mutual meeting point. We met mid July for a mutual birthday get together and......as not yet fully bursting for the evening trade.... Only 1800hrs. Bar service exceedingly slow, menu has depreciated since our last visit and delivery of meal longer than you would expect. Doubly disappointed as my choice came with bread but........no butter!! Hey-ho! Never been one of my favourite watering holes but......will only be back again purely out if convenience.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review. We have taken your points on board and will monitor trade around that time to see if we need extra staff. Hopefully we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed September 1, 2016 via mobile

On arrival was greeted by a very cheerful member of staff - Gavin, I think - who checked me in straight away, no messing about. So, welcome: 5/5.

Gavin showed me to my room, which I must say is the most vivid room I've ever stayed in! Wasn't bad though, comfy bed, nice chaise in front of the window, decent tea and biscuits provided. My only concern was the dubious marks on the wall below the picture of the orange eating lady... Maybe someone really liked it, I don't know. Bit odd though, would probably benefit from being washed off... So, room: 4/5.

I went down to dinner, was seated comfortably straight away, and provided with a menu and Gavin came back straight away with the drink I ordered. Good service. Order for food was taken quickly, and the wait time was average - not in a bad way, average as in as long as I'd expect for food to be prepared, cooked and plated. Brought to the table by a nice, pleasant young lady. Once finished, my table was promptly cleaned and dessert brought quickly. Food tasted great and looked well presented. Only down side was that the place felt a little sticky. This is a pub though, and spilled beers and drinks are almost guaranteed. One deep clean would resolve this though. So, restaurant: 4/5

Peaceful night's sleep, can't complain. Didn't try the breakfast as I had to be elsewhere. Other than that, I'd definitely be back. Keep up the good work!

Stayed: September 2016, traveled on business
Gavin H, Manager at The Hunting Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2016

Many thanks for your review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and will pass on your comments to the house keeping team.

Reviewed August 28, 2016 via mobile

We hadn't booked a hotel for stopping at on our way home. We found this place and what a gem it was! If you are looking for cozy this is it. We had the Biko room and with its high ceilings and glorious colourful decor, it was a true treat. 100% recommendation , and personally I hope to visit again in future!

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family

Thank you for your lovely review. We will look forward to welcoming you again in the future.