All reviews afternoon tea wedding reception patio doors gardens are beautiful wedding party bar food bridal suite sandwiches a great nights sleep wedding breakfast sunday lunch powerful shower one night stay an evening meal pork an overnight stay the ground floor
Reviewed August 23, 2018

We had to be moved at approx. ll pm as the noise from a fan was so bad there was no way we could sleep, the fan was outside and was permanent, do not book room 8 or 9 we moved to room 4, this faced a building site !!!! The rooms were lovely and large, but the chair was fit for the dump. The first night we ate in the dining room, waited 20 mins for someone to take an order then another 40 mins for the first course to arrive, even after having asked. the main course came up after another ask, all in all two course took 2.5 hours to produce, needless to say we ate out in the village for the next two nights. I am partially disabled, and the hotel was not easy to access, steps down in a couple of place, if they had disability facilities they were not advertised.to get to reception was a good walk to get to up and down a couple of steps.

Room Tip: Don't book all rooms have a fair walk to get to them
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maxina W
Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

Last minute overnight stay and thoroughly enjoyed it. Staff could not have been more accommodating. We had the dog with us and even she was made a fuss of! There was a wedding on but the lounge area had been set aside for non wedding guests and we enjoyed a great evening meal in there with the dog too. Probably the tastiest salad I ever had with crispy bacon and crumbled black pudding. We could not hear any wedding noise in the room and the bed was super comfy. Patio doors out onto a little garden area was great for the dog. Will be back!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2018

Fantastic hotel, staff, food, atmosphere and high standards, really recommend to all and definitely in our top 10 places to stay. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful, fish and chips yummy!!! We had a great time, thank you

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank Julie S
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and this hotel has lots of potential, unfortunately for us it was undergoing major refurbishment whilst we were staying there. There was no noise impact but you can’t actually access some of the areas and our view from the room was of a building site.
The room we had was pleasant but a wee bit dated and as it was a hot couple of days, stifling hot. We asked and got a fan but it didn’t make a lot of difference. I hope in the new rooms they consider aircon?!
Breakfast was a decent choice but on the 2 mornings when I asked for poached eggs they took at least 15/20 mins to arrive as did the white bread my husband asked for. The service was very slow! I wouldn’t mind waiting if you were told that it would be that time but to put your order in and then to be left waiting is not really acceptable.
There was a wedding in the day we arrived so the bar area was a bit chaotic and getting a drink a bit difficult.
The gardens are beautiful and pleasant to sit in and enjoy the sun.
Would I return? Probably not until the refurb is complete.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Obangal
Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

Sat night receptionist useless,asked me to pay for room,when I’d actually already paid,arrived at 9.15 & she told us the bar food had finished,it was actually still on till 9.30,got bar food,kids meals wrong & so was my order,they deducted £ off the bill,family room fab,spotlessly clean,but no courtesy shower/soap packs in room,quickly sorted by house keeping though,sharp raised screw on metal strip between bathroom & bedroom,not sorted by House keeping,although they tried,needed a hammer on it,I sorted it with a plaster in the end,for a quick fix,view out of second bedroom in room was awful,looked out on to peeling flat lead roof,with lots of extractor fans,so all the kitchen fumes were filling the room,so had to shut window,sweet favours placed on table by wedding planner,was given the look & told she knew what she was doing,apparently not,as she still gave a vegetarian a non vegetarian sweet favour,speeches done without a microphone as batteries had ran out in it & no one on the hotel staff seemed to be aware of any spare batteries! wedding food was fab,really tasty & good portions,breakfast options in the morning were great,full choice on the full English & continental & cereal options on offer as well,plenty of it,so could of had seconds.
I would recommend this place for weddings,but don’t presume the wedding planner is “on it”,as clearly she can still make mistakes.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family