“Great food in a casual place”
Review of Banter - CLOSED

Banter
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Went for dinner here on Thurs night after we had tried to get into Browns Lane but was full, glad it was now! 2 courses for £14.95 is a good deal. The Brie and red currant jelly was lovely as was the salmon with cream sauce with mushrooms and peas. I know its pretty standard now but I do grudge £4.50 for a glass of wine, especially when you can get it just as nice at the Wetherspoons along the road for half the price! Would defo go back if I return to Louborough.

There are newer reviews for Banter

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Tucked away in a side street not far from the city centre and Queens Park is Banter. A fairly ordinary brick building from the outside it is very pleasant and inviting on the inside.

The service was really good and you get immediate attention the moment you walk through the door. This is my first visit to this establishment so I asked the waitress what she would recommend from the main menu and instead of quoting one or two items she described two good starters and two good main courses. I settled on a prawn cocktail for starters and sea bass for the main course.

Both the starter and the main course were superb. The presentation and the sauces used for both dishes were skillfully prepared and a culinary delight. Both dishes were served in ample proportions and in a very timely manner.

I would definately recommend this establishment. My 2 course meal with 2 drinks came in at under £20 which was worth every penny for the quality of the food served. Compliments to the chef and thank you for such good table service.

Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Had not heard of this place until I found it on Trip Advisor - it's not located in an obvious place or a well frequented area. Got here during the week and had the opportunity to get a value for money meal and was completely satisfied with it. We were only the second table, so it was quiet and the atmosphere was great. Service level was good and the staff were friendly. The food was delicious - nearly ordered a second main course! Highly recommended place for anyone to try.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

On recommendation decided to treat the family to a meal out.had heard how good banters is. Amazing. Service excellent food fantastic and at only 6.95 for lunch what a bargain not worth cooking on Sundays anymore, looks like we will be regulars..there was six of us and the variety on menu was brilliant nothing too much trouble and the staff looked after us so well.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have eaten breakfast several times here and never had a problem with either the food or the service. Today I took my parents who were visiting for a Sunday roast dinner. After waiting for over 45 minutes for the food to arrive, it was raw and not edible. It was sent back and we asked for beef instead of the lamb, which was left on the plate as it had a bad taste to it. The manager offered 2 of the meals free and an apology was only offered by the waitress, not the management. No explanation could be given for either the delay, the poor cooking OR the bad tasting beef and we left the cafe still hungry, £22 lighter and certainly NOT happy.

I will not be recommending Sunday lunches to anyone else.

1  Thank Spookeyone