“Great Food”

Taste of India
Ranked #99 of 269 Restaurants in Loughborough
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: First went to this restaurant for a friends birthday party, and have never look back since. I discover that this friendly and busy restaurant was very popular in the town and is an authentic award winning restaurant with an excellent service. I have been there many times. From the moment you arrive you are treated special. The decor, ambiance and surrondings add for a great meal. The takeaway menu and service i brill. This is One you most defiantly need to add to your listing. This is the major curry house in Loughborough
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Visited on a deal. Lovely food and lots of it. Very high quality food. Staff were excellent too. will visit again.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

This restaurant has been in existence for many years in the town. Of course I have been previously but not for a considerable time.
Visited on a Fri evening with a Groupon voucher entitling 2 persons a main meal with rice, naan bread, dessert, coffee & liqueurs.

Must say, from the moment we entered, the staff were extremely professional & courteous. We had a little wait and managed to get the table we wanted after asking. All was well.
The ful menu is as you would expect. With the Groupon, we were limited, but that was to be expected really. Ordered drinks and poppadoms with pickles. All arrived, the pickle tray was fresh which was very good to see as towards the end of an evening this kind of stuff always looks tired. Im pleased to say it was fresh and the poppadoms were fresh too. Happy with that. Goes against my theory that some establishments recycle this stuff! Glad to say at The Taste Of India, it appears not to be the case.

We went for Chicken Pathia & a Chicken Rogan Josh, must say that the Rogan was on the oily side but of course we didn’t request low oil. My Pathia was made stronger to my request which was really enjoyable, a good combination of sweet and sour. The consistency of both curries was very good and the boiled rice was fresh. Naan breads were served in little wooden baskets and cut into 4’s. A nice touch at presentation I thought. One garlic & one tomato & garlic, a new experience for me. Portion size was a bit on the small side but one should not grumble at 2 courses for 2 plus sides for £15!

Once that was eaten we were offered the desserts of ice cream and cheesecake. The portion size was extremely small. This was the only disappointment. In fact they couldn’t have been any smaller!

I’ve never seen such a small scoop of ice cream, and the cheesecake was fit for an umpa loompa! None the less, they were presented well with a raspberry coulis. All bought in but it’s as you would expect.

We finished with coffee and a small Baileys. Proper crockery with spoons and brown sugar. I couldn’t fault that attention to detail.
Internally, the establishment has kept up with the times, a modern, well lit, clean restaurant with clean washrooms, and airy, clean tables with fresh linen.

I’d definitely recommend/return to sample something full sized!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Very good food. excellent and friendly customer service. I like very much and will come again.
The Taste of India's food is very tasty and the price is good. I definitely recommend it! thanks

Reviewed June 29, 2013

The meals were lacking in flavour, very small portions, we had starters, main, sides, desert, coffee and liqueurs. (Groupon deal, paid for the extras) and were so rushed by staff, the whole experience lasted 45 mins!! Never again.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

UK has plenty of Indian restaurants, but this one is where I have had the best time. The place is welcoming, the staff is friendly, the food is tasty and the price is good. I definitely recommend it!