“Our favourite”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Our favourite”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We found this cafe a couple of years ago when another close by was too busy and we are so glad we did.

Lovely smallish place, very friendly staff.
All the food is made to order but the wait is never longer than you would want.
Tea is served in a pretty flowery teapot with a little shortbread biscuit on the side. Good coffees too, these come with a really yummy chocolate.
We usually have a sandwich, they are always very good and have some salad & nachos on the plate.
The cakes are in a glass counter tempting you to have one, hard to resist most visits.

We never miss a visit to the 2 Monkeys whenever we go to Loughborough.

One thing to note, it is a cash only place.

• Visited August 2013

York, United Kingdom
“Yummy Sandwiches!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Visited 2 Monkey's Cafe for lunch, the sandwiches all looked wonderful, my chicken and roasted vegetable sandwich was very yummy! The cafe is very cosy with lovely sofa chairs & a very friendly, relaxed atmosphere. The cakes also looked very impressive! I thought the food was quite pricey but would go back again.

• Visited November 2012
Loughborough, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent for coffee and home-made cake”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have been going to the 2 Monkeys for some time now and their standard of service and quality of food is worth paying a teeny bit extra for. Small but cosy and friendly service, all dishes are cooked to order and the cakes are out of this world!

• Visited April 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Brew stop”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Nice place, clean and tidy albeit a little on the expensive side, but all told a nice place to stop and take a breather while out shopping and enjoy a cuppa or a coffee with a slice of what you fancy..

• Visited May 2012
“Made to feel welcome - new mum with pram”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Popped in here the other day when shopping in town. Although there were afew tables taken the owner straight away suggested a couple of suitable tables for me to park my pram - I ended up on a table for 6 which did not seem to be a problem. I ordered at the counter whilst he was making a big order although I believe he would have come over to the table to take my order if it wasnt for this. The coffee was great and I took some cakes home. These were good but I did feel some of the options were overpriced for what they were. It was nice to feel welcome with a pram, if was easy enough to manuver through the set up and I was not pushed to leave. No baby changing in the small toilet - a flip down counter would surfice for a small investment but this hasn't put me off.