Burleigh Court
  • Restaurant
$62
$60
Hotwire.com
Travelodge Loughborough Central(Loughborough)(Great Value!)
Forest Rise Hotel(Loughborough)
All reviewsuniversity campusleisure facilitiespool and gymconference hotelroom servicemain buildingtraining coursegreat facilitiesgood sizebar mealsthe ground floorexecutive roomself servicemodern hotelbreakfast was excellentbiscuitscomfortable stay
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Firstly I have to start of with how great the service was. Everyday I was greeted with a smile. It does seem that all the staff actually enjoy their work and is not forced or false in anyway.

I stayed for 3 nights in room 118 (The Chancellor room) and I must say it was very nice. The room had two televisions in and two work desks. It also looked very nice and has it's own balcony, not much to look at but still a nice place to sit.

Room service is available, which is nice. The average price of a meal is around £12.00, alcohol is about £3.50. The quality of food almost merits the high price, it tastes very nice, and the great service really tops it of.

The facilities are great, steam room and sauna are nice as well as the pool; never got around to using the gym but it looked well equipped.

If there is one negative point it would be that in my room particularly the smoking area is below the balcony which if the hotel is busy it can get a little noisy.

Overall both me and the mrs had a great experience and loved every minute. I would definitely come again.

Room Tip: Some tips: The entrance via the university is shut during the weekend so go to the next roundabout after and turn left. Park in sainsburys if you want to visit the town, you have 2 hours free parking. There is a primark, cinema, market place on saturday and lot's of other shops. Use the televisions services to see what is about locally: zoo, museum, etc.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Guy H, General Manager at Burleigh Court, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Danny

Thank you for your feedback and kind words regarding the team which will be relayed and I know will be very much appreciated. We will keep an eye on the smoking problem and ensure we manage the situation more pro-actively in future. We are thrilled you had such an enjoyable experience with us and are grateful that you have found the time to post this review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I've stayed here before, both in the main hotel and in the Lodge, which offers single accommodation. On all three occasions I have received excellent service and would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs accommodation near the university. I was attending an event on the campus so it was ideal for that purpose.

Burleigh Court is well signposted from the main road and has a secure car park that requires a code to exit. Reception is a pleasant area with comfy chairs, papers, etc. The staff are always friendly and welcoming and as soon as you arrive you can relax and let them take care of you and your needs. They book tables for dinner, give you directions, etc; nothing is too much trouble.

This time my room was on the ground floor, quite near to the gym and main corridor for people to access the restaurant and bar. I thought it might have been noisy, but it wasn't. There was a large group staying while I was there, and the restaurant was quite busy in the evening, but the service was still excellent and personal. I cannot praise the food enough; by booking in advance you can have thee courses for £22.50 and it was amazingly good value, with plenty of choice. There is a large bar outside the restaurant that can be used during the evening and there are plenty of hot drink machines available for you to help yourself.

The bedrooms are well furnished and comfortable, with tea and coffee making facilities, even biscuits if you're still hungry after dinner! Toiletries are provided as well as hair dryer and large towels. The shower has a curtain rather than a screen, which I would prefer, but on the whole there is nothing to complain about.

The swimming pool with sauna and steam room are a real bonus for guests and I enjoyed these facilities before breakfast. Towels are provided. You definitely need to allow plenty of time for breakfast here because it is offers so much choice that it would be a shame to have to hurry! There is a wide selection of cooked food to which you can help yourself and if that wasn't enough, you can request other items such as haddock or omelettes cooked to order. There is an impressive choice of cereals, fruits, nuts, yoghurts, breads and pastries, catering to all tastes from the plain greedy to the more health conscious!

Staff will bring you hot beverages at your request and this was the one area where I felt there was room for improvement, as there didn't seem to be enough staff on duty that morning to clear tables and to take drinks orders without guests having to make a determined effort to flag them down. That said, the staff remained friendly and helpful, a common theme throughout this whole establishment.

Checkout is easy and if you are in too much of a hurry to wait, there is a form provided in the bedrooms that you can sign to authorise your card payment, and drop into a box at reception.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank boglin_sue
Guy H, General Manager at Burleigh Court, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Sue

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback and comments which are extremely helpful and will be relayed to the team. We really appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post such a comprehensive account of your experience and for your positive endorsement of our facitlities and service. We hope you will return again soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed at this hotel while competing in a badminton competition. Rooms are nice and well equiped. Check in was good, food really good and the spa facilities were fine. The nonly small point was I could not get the free wifi to work but a minor point to what was a really great weekend

Room Tip: ground floor rooms are closer to spa etc.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your feedback which is much appreciated. Our apoligies for the hitch with your wifi connection. Our connectivity is usually excellent but with a building this size we occasionally experience small issues which can usually be sorted very quickly by one of our technicians if you contact reception. We appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post this review.

Opertations Manager

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights from 05th - 8th April. I was there to play in a tournament along with lots of others from all over the country who also stayed at the hotel.

The hotel is on the complex of Loughborough university. It is a huge area and because of that it's quite a fair way from the town centre. It is not close to the railway station - approx £8 in a taxi. It is also a fair trek to the nearest large town/city - Leicester, approx 14/15 miles. I got the train - approx 12/13 mins on a non stop train. Got a taxi back - £25. I have given the location as a 4 star rating rather than 5 as I would have prefered to have been closer to a city but for some people being away from a city is a good thing - just a personal thing.

Check in. Was smooth. I arrived early - approx 2 hours before the advertised check-in time but was checked in and had use of the room straight away. One very minor glitch was that when I checked in I ordered a newspaper for the next morning which failed to arrive. I did mention this to reception who offered to go and get one when more staff arrived for duty but i said I would go myself. When I got back to my room later in the day I found a note appologising and offering a free drink in the bar - which I gladly accepted - a nice touch I thought.

Room. Good. Couldn't really fault it. Superb shower - nice and powerful. If I was being picky I would make mention of the shower gel dispenser - seemed to only dispense a small amount of shower gel for a lot of pumping. Radiator in room was good - got hot quickly if necessary. Free wi-fi which always seemed reliable. Tea and coffee making facilities.

Food. All food was of a good standard. Breakfast. Plentiful, with all the usual, fried, cereals, fruit, juices etc.
Dinner. We had various eveninmg meals ranging from buffet style to evening dinner. All were very nice.

Spa. I only used the sauna which was fine. There is also a swimming pool and 2 treatment rooms.

Check out. Fine. no problems.

Overall a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank willow178
Guy H, General Manager at Burleigh Court, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback and comments which are most useful. It was an extremely busy weekend and the team will be grateful that you have taken the time and trouble to post this review. We also appreciate your endorsement on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Everything about this hotel was right. A new hotel with good facilities. Check in easy and friendly and free wi fi offered. Arrived late but still managed to get a meal from the restaurant 5 minutes before it closed, thanks to the generosity of the staff. Room warm, comfortable and spacious. The room was clean, the bed comfortable and everything worked. The iron was one of the best I have used.

Breakfast was easy and plentiful in a large spacious dining room - excellent selection of hot and cold food. Food was freshly cooked and well presented.

Check out was easy and staff were informative about the area, directions and easy ways into Loughborough.

I would happily stay here again and to date it is my top one.

Room Tip: Follow the brown tourist signs and yes, you are taken into the university campus. The hotel is withn the campus via the security gate and barrier.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Adrian H
Guy H, General Manager at Burleigh Court, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Adrian

What rewarding feedback and comments, thank you! The team will be thrilled and grateful for such an enthusiastic review and we all really appreciate you taking the time and trouble to tell people about your experience on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon.