Booked two rooms through Laterooms at separate times, both at £55.00 - a considerable discount on the Rack Rate of £131.00 or the more usually quoted £98.00. I should add the cheapest rate tends to be only available at weekends, and obviously not then if they have a large conference or wedding booking. I mention this because the rate available gives a clue to the number of guests staying and from other travellers' reviews the service seems to be better when occupancy is low!
The accomodation is excellent, similar to other good four-star business hotels. Food too is very good, much of it from local suppliers. Like several other guests though we found service very slow, particularly at breakfast, where we had to wait for coffee, bread for toast, butter and so on. Bed was comfortable and the room well equipped.
Service (apart from meals) was excellent - help offered with bags both in and out without any prompting. A request for fresh milk brought a large jugful in minutes! There is free wi-fi - this can also be accessed through the TV but this is extremely clunky as there is no mouse, only a very slow joystick. Reception was helpful and professional. One snag, common to many modern hotels, is that the bedrooms are very stuffy in hot weather as there is no through draught. A fan was provided but to my mind this smacks a bit of desperation. If I was paying the full rate I would expect air-conditioning or a least through ventilation.
A couple of tips. Only part of the upper floors have lift access, so if stairs are a problem make sure they know before you arrive. I also understand rooms above and adjoining the Spa complex can be noisy late evenings and early mornings, so avoid these if you want a lie-in! I didn't use the Spa but my daughter swam a couple of times and pronounced it excellent.
Certainly would recommend this to friends, and hope to stay here next time I'm in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Burleigh Court is one of the Midlands' largest 4 star accredited conference centre and hotel, combining outstanding meeting facilities with first-class accommodation. Voted VisitEngland Large Hotel of the Year in 2014, The contemporary venue offers 225 quality en-suite bedrooms including executive suites, accessible rooms, twin rooms and spacious double rooms. Adjacent to the main hotel is Burleigh Court Lodge, which provides 40 high quality en-suite rooms offering exceptional value and comfort. The Hotel has a recently refurbished restaurant, bar and lounge area which provide the perfect backdrop to tuck into a wide variety of cuisine, which is made with locally-sourced produce. Guests can also enjoy our spa facilities which includes a well-equipped gym, swimming pool, whirlpool spa, steam room, and sauna.What's more all guests can take advantage of free parking and free Wi-Fi during their stay. The hotel is located just one mile from junction 23 of the M1, three miles from Loughborough's Intercity railway station and eight miles from East Midlands Airport, altogether making us the perfect backdrop for leisure and business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Burleigh Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Imago At Burleigh Court Hotel Loughborough
- Imago At Burleigh Court Loughborough