“Very average and poor value.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Printroom Cafe Bar

The Printroom Cafe Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Printroom Cafe Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 255 Restaurants in Loughborough
Cuisines: British, Bar, Cafe, International, European
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Print Room is the perfect place to relax and enjoy great food, drinks and service in elegant and stylish surroundings with a vibrant atmosphere.The Print Room is open throughout the day and is an ideal venue to drop in for a special coffee, meet friends, entertain business clients for lunch or dinner, or maybe just for a relaxing glass of wine at the end of a busy day..'Weekly changing special offers on Monday to Saturday for lunch or dinner' e.G. Wrap & soft drink £5.95 / 2 Courses for £10-95... Under 18's welcome to dine with adults lunch / dinner. Celebrate your special event at The Printroom....No hire charge if we provide the buffet!
Loughborough, England, United Kingdom
“Very average and poor value.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

It was fairly busy on the Saturday evening we visited but the wait for drinks and menu seemed rather long. The starters and puddings were fine but the mains were pretty average and quite small portions for the price. One of the mains was wrong but rather than waiting for the right dish we accepted it but were then charged for both dishes. The mistake was rectified but not much of an apology for either error. Overall not good value for money.

• Visited May 2014

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Pudding or Paella”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

I wonder if other reviewers went to the same restaurant as my husband and myself last night. We visited the Printroom for our wedding anniversary. The starters were alright and we both chose Paella for our main meal, it was a cross between rice pudding and cement with hunt the muscle and prawns with no sign of chicken or saffron, it had obviously been standing since lunch time and put on the evening menu as a special at £2.00 extra, even a glass of water together with a glass of wine did not help choke it down so we had to give up. The chef needs to get a cookery book and dictionary to find out about the different herbs and ingredients that make a Paella.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

We visited the Printroom last night with a groupon voucher an had a great night. There was a lot of delicious sounding dishes on the menu so it took a while to decide. I chose the creamy garlic mushrooms to start and the chorizo and prawn arrabiatta for main with a glass of Shiraz. All of it was amazing. My main course arrived without the chorizo but the chef realised and was very apologetic. Within minutes I had my dish back in front of me and it was worth the wait. A lot of restaurants are a bit stingy with prawns but I had loads, both big and small and the chorizo gave it a nice kick. My boyfriend had the nachos followed by the beef burger. I didn't try the burger but the nachos were yummy. The service was fantastic and we'll definitely be back.

Visited April 2014
Leicester
“Excellent food and service 5*”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Ate here on a groupon deal what can I say absolutely fantastic! Service was outstanding and food 5* highly recommend cannot wait for our next visit! All staff go out there way and made us feel very relaxed with a very friendly atmosphere. Perfect restaurant, credit to owner! We chose our table near the bar and then a table became available near the window with more comfy seats and we were asked if we would like to move to a more comfortable and romantic table, now that's what I call service and care for customers. Thank you!

Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Excellent...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Both myself and my partner went for a groupon meal here last night, we were both very impressed with our starters and main meals. The food was delicious and service was very good, we didn't have to wait long for either of our meals.. I would definitely recommend this restaurant, and will be visiting again soon.