“Okay for Groupon other”

The Printroom Cafe Bar
Ranked #53 of 269 Restaurants in Loughborough
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Print Room is the perfect place to relax and enjoy great food, drinks and service in elegant and stylish surroundings with a vibrant atmosphere.The Print Room is open throughout the day and is an ideal venue to drop in for a special coffee, meet friends, entertain business clients for lunch or dinner, or maybe just for a relaxing glass of wine at the end of a busy day..'Weekly changing special offers on Monday to Saturday for lunch or dinner' e.G. Wrap & soft drink £5.95 / 2 Courses for £10-95... Under 18's welcome to dine with adults lunch / dinner. Celebrate your special event at The Printroom....No hire charge if we provide the buffet!
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Went on a Groupon offer. Starters were lovely - I had the duck parcels whilst my partner had the bruschetta; we would definitely have those again. Mains were soso, my partner having linguini with added chicken, only complaint is that there wasn't a lot of chicken. I had the cajun chicken breast with overcooked carrots, undercooked saute new potatoes and over spiced chicken breast. However, the plate did have a large chicken breast on it. The plates were warm which was nice.
My main criticism is that of the female kitchen staff that was working on that night. Whilst watching the kitchen I noticed that she was wearing rings, had fake nails and was wearing nail polish - all manner of food, dirt and anything else could be stuck in those, nail polish could fleck off into the food etc. It's just unhygienic and something that should have been addressed and all employees should know from their hygiene certificates.
Serving staff were very nice and attentive and we were very impressed by them- no complaints on that side.
Wouldn't recommend for couples but maybe bigger groups of friends.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Went there a few weeks ago early service on a Saturday .Lovely food my husband had steak it was cooked perfectly .Really nice atmosphere casual easy going .Prices are very reasonable for food and drink .We certainly will go back.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Went in with the family yesterday for Saturday lunch and loved it!. Busy but still managed to get a table for the four of us. Kids had sea bass which was wolfed down, wife had butter chicken curry which she said was better than her mothers ( Indians don't say this about mothers cooking unless they mean it :-) and I had the burger and chips.

Now the reason for writing this revue was my burger! We are not just talking any old burger here, we are talking about a juicy burger with melted Stilton on crispy chabbata and nice big chunky chips and a side salad. Making my mouth water thinking about it but that's not the best bit, it was served with not your average burger dressing but the tastiest tomato and coriander salsa I have ever tasted. Sounds silly to rave over a salsa relish but it was that good!.

Great food, service and atmosphere and burgers to die for.........couldn't ask for more!.

1  Thank Walkers1906
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

We visited the printroom on a Saturday evening (using a wowcher discount code) & were quite impressed. The service was really good, our waitress was friendly & seemed happy to help us with anything, even though there was a large party & the place was packed.
I ordered the duck rolls with hoi sin sauce to start & they were really tasty! My boyfriend had a prawn starter with chilli sauce & he enjoyed it. For main course, I had Thai fish cakes & my boyfriend ordered sirloin steak; we were both pleased with our choices but were slightly overwhelmed by the amount of chips! That being said, they were crispy & hot & once we got started we couldn't stop eating them.
My only negative point is that my fish cakes could have been bigger, as I really enjoyed them.
We will definitely visit again.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Visited the Print room on Tuesday and was very impressed with the choice and quality of the food. The staff were very friendly and the surroundings were nice and modern. will certainly visit again.