“Brilliant Birthday!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Koh i noor
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: LE11 1ER. Tel 01509 211363
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Birthday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

As always, delicious. My husband and I come here regularly as the food is second to none in Loughborough. The service is brilliant too. We had a great night out Friday last with a group of friends who all enjoyed their meals. I'm looking forward to our next visit and cannot recommend the Koh i noor (the "Jewel of India") enough. Thank you for a lovely birthday meal.

• Visited September 2012

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Not a fan of Indian cuisine ususlly and hadn't been to the koh I noor for around 20 years but enjoyed a lovely evening there over the bank holiday. The food was amazing and the service first rate. Will definately be going back soon and would recommend it for a cosy or romantic evening out.

Leicester, United Kingdom
“service a little to be desired”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I went to this restaurant last night with my partner and another couple. It was Bank Holiday Monday and the restaurant was empty, we had to wait a long time for our main but the fact that we were chatting we didn't notice the time but it seemed like a long wait, once the food arrived it was lovely so all in all, the food is lovely but the service not great considering we were the only ones there.

• Visited August 2012
“ONLY ONE STAR RATING BY THE ENVIRONMDNTAL HEALTH CHECK”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Had a meal wasn't brill just ok but what threw me is how dirty the restaurant is.
The toilets are in need of modernisation or even good repair and the restsurant seats are very old and uncomfortable to sit and has lots of tear in.
The food was very bland and in thick brown sauce we did not know one from the other as they both looked the same.
The place was empty and we were the only ones in the food took a long time to come and there was one waiter and his 5 year old son running around.
The next day I made the effort to check
their hygiene rating OMG it was one star that really put me off.
Will I be going there NO
WIll I be recommending this NO

leicester
“A true gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

my partner and I went last night..it was like stepping back to the 80's a little bit dated but please don't let this put you off...we come from Leicester and I can honestly say this is one the best authentic Indian restaurants I've ever been to. The food was of exceptional quality so fresh and very tasty, the naan bread is so light and fluffy with a crisp edge my prawn puree was delicately favoured and delicious our mains tasted so different from each other...this place certainly doesn't use one sauce and alter the color like some! You could actually taste the different ingredients. The extra touches were lovely from the hot fragranced towel to the slices of orange to the complimentary liqueur at the end of the meal will ensure we will be back! These folk can certainly teach others a thing or two about customer service...it was second to none!

1 Thank mandaLeicester