“A thorughly good evening - enjoyed by all!”

Quorn Country Hotel
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Loughborough
East midlands
“A thorughly good evening - enjoyed by all!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

This was a Valentine's Day special - and it was indeed special. The service was a delight, as was the food. The succulent and flavoursome steak and accompanying side dishes were among the best I've tasted in the UK or abroad. The lack of salt in the "mushroom veloute" left it less inspiring but still enjoyable for the two of us who had it (not me - my pulled pork was scrumptious). What is it with salt these days in Loughborough's restaurants, I'll never understand. All our Italian restaurants add sufficient salt; all others seem to have ditched the salt cellar! And the Italian restaurants are all full!! Now there's a lesson. It's not even that I like lots of salt - but NO salt in a soup left the two guests needing to shake more in! I imagine it's down to the training at catering colleges and the like? (-; But - despite that, we all four thoroughly and completely enjoyed the whole experience. This restaurant and its unusual level of high-quality service is without peer locally and deserves to do well.

Room Tip: We only ate dinner here, so didn't stay overnight! The village is quiet and even though the hote...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerQuorn, General Manager at Quorn Country Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am delighted that all four of you thoroughly enjoyed your whole experience this Valentine's. I have shared your comments with the team including those regarding the salt. The team & I hope that you will visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

The first impression of the hotel was very good and the staff at the reception was welcoming. I had a Groupon voucher and we had a good 7 course taster menu. The only criticism was the sorbet course, which was chocolate sorbet, which I found was not so palate cleansing. The service provided by Laura was excellent, she was very attentive to our needs. We will return for Sunday lunch.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments which I have passed on to the Head Chef, Laura & the reception team. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit & we look forward to welcoming you for Sunday lunch very soon.
Teynham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I stayed here for 1 night last week and whilst there is nothing particularly wrong with the hotel or service (receptionist was very friendly and helpful) the £149 rate for a night was, I thought, much more than the hotel deserved. The room was comfortable but nothing to shout about it had a colour TV, bath and tea facilities etc but the heating system seemed old and not that good.

Bed comfort was ok and I guess that just sums up the hotel as Ok, def not worth the £149 it would have cost me (fortunately my company picked up the tab).

Room Tip: Find somewhere cheaper.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. I am pleased that we were able to accommodate you at such late notice, having received your reservation from another local hotel who determined the rate. It was good to hear that you found the bed comfy & the receptionist helpful & that you generally enjoyed your stay. /As we offer an advanced saver rate & fixed rates for regular guests, I do hope you will return.
Nottingham
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Just back from an excellent Groupon lunch deal for two at this very pleasant Hotel.
Dining area intimate with pristine table settings,Service good with a very slight delay for vegetables otherwise lovely flavoured food presented in an attractive manner,would certainly recommend

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I have passed your kind feedback on to the team. I am delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your lunch with us & we look forward to welcoming back very soon.
newwcastle UK
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We purchased a Travelzoo voucher for a meal at this restaurant for four complete with a glass of Prosecco each. Booking was easy and seemed to be efficient however, on arriving the booking for five (as opposed to four) had never been transmitted to the restaurant and as a result we were taken to another table-no complaints on that score it being a very pleasant alcove situation but we were outside the general eating area. The prosecco drinks were supplied but both of the soft drinks ordered were "flat" and when we complained were told the dispenser system had not been topped up and there was no "gas" to provide sparkle to the soft drinks but were not offered bottled alternatives. On arriving at our table there were no condiments on such. The meal came and from the quality point of view have no complaint except with the "pont neuf" potatoes something of which our young waitress had no knowledge when asked what they were! essentially chips with a french name! but they were the only disappointing element of the food, they should have been par boiled first and as a result had a nice golden exterior but were semi raw inside.Although it seems difficult to believe given the traditional Sunday Lunch format, there was no horseradish sauce available for the roast beef!
The main element of the shortcomings was the the absence of any management control and this was borne out by our polite letter pointing out the failures being ignored. In fairness there was no charge made for the soft drinks which frankly, is the least they could do
We are sorry for their catering staff since the quality of their food (and in particular, desserts) deserves better. We will not be returning..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am pleased that you found booking your table efficient and that the seating misunderstanding was rectified immediately with a table being offered in the Shires Restaurant. Whilst you & your guests experienced the quality of our AA rosette awarded food, it is clear that we fell short on some basic areas and for that I would like to offer my apologies. Our post mix machine was promptly fixed and I am pleased that the drinks were removed from your bill; sadly we do not have bottled fizzy drinks to offer as an alternative.
Your comments have been shared with the team.

Travelers are raving about these Loughborough hotels

Loughborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We are due to get married at the Quorn Country Hotel on the 8th March 2014 and as part of our wedding package were given an over night stay and 3 course meal for 6 people. As soon as we arrived there was a very friendly welcome from the receptionist. The rooms were all very clean and comfortable and well equipped with everything we needed. The three course meal was fantastic, beautifully presented and could not fault any of the courses, all extremely tasty.
We would like to thank all the staff for making us all feel so welcome from the minute we checked in to when we checked out. All members of our party would like to single out and say a special thank you to our waiter Brad. The hotel should be very proud to have such a polite, hard working young man as an employee, he is a credit to you. We would also like to mention Jamie for his excellent and friendly service during our stay, we look forward to having you as our master of ceremony's on Mar 8th. Overall our stay was amazing and gave us a great insight what to expect on our wedding day. We would recommend the Quorn Country Hotel to everyone and look forward to seeing you all in March for our wedding.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We are getting married here in July and so thought we would come to try out the food. We had a Groupon voucher for a 2 course lunch and it was absolutely wonderful. I can't believe that this restaurant isn't more highly rated, it really was a 5 star fine dining experience! If the food is this standard on the big day we will be delighted! I had the goats cheese and beetroot starter and my fiancé had the curried tempura chicken - both were really lovely. Then for main I had the pan seared chicken with dauphinoise potatoes, parma ham crackling with sweet potato puree and red wine jus - this was cooked to perfection, the chicken was sooooo tasty and succulent and everything complemented eachother really well. One of the best dishes I have ever tasted! My partner had the Cumberland ring with creamed mash and yorkie, which again was amazing. The portion sizes were ok, my other half could have eaten more but I thought it was just about right. The young boy who served us was also very friendly and attentive, if a little inexperienced, but he will learn! The room was pretty cold too which could have been put right by putting a heater in there. But we would definitely recommend this place if you like your food and will be coming back ourselves before the wedding.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerQuorn, General Manager at Quorn Country Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased that you were able to take advantage of our voucher offer to sample our food in view of your forthcoming wedding and that you both really enjoyed your lunch with us. The team & I very much look forward to organising your special day over the next few months & seeing you again in July. We'll book the sunshine!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Loughborough
Quorn Grange Hotel
#12 of 12 in Loughborough
The Link Hotel
The Link Hotel
#2 of 12 in Loughborough

Been to Quorn Country Hotel? Share your experiences!