“just what a country hotel should be, quaint.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quorn Country Hotel

Quorn Country Hotel
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Loughborough
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“just what a country hotel should be, quaint.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

lovely hotel in a beautiful location. ate in the restaurant and the food was perfect. the room was comfortable with a clean and crisp bathroom and fluffy towels. I'm glad a lot of the old fittings and fixtures are still there and gives it personality even having a room key and lock was quirky. the staff were very professional and courteous. I felt like lady of the manor.

well done staff and managers

Room Tip: steep stairs to upper floors
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We have just stayed at this hotel and had a lovely time.
The manager and receptionist ( Laura ) were very friendly and always at hand to make our stay as pleasant as possible. In fact the manager brought my husband and I a drink on our second evening.
The rooms are lovely and spacious and are equipped with all you need. The Food was excellent!!
and bar was very relaxing .
We had the feeling that we were more than just a number in this hotel , all staff were very friendly.Even though there was a wedding going on , nothing was to much trouble.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 209 and have no complaints what so ever..
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerQuorn, General Manager at Quorn Country Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and that you received proof that our customer's experience is very important to us. Myself, Laura & the team very much look forward to your next stay with us.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Have been in the executive room for a few days and really enjoying my stay, Operation Manager Patrick and supervisor Samantha have made my stay hassle free, been very helpful and i will 100 percent recommend my friends and family to stay at this hotel, cant go wrong honestly, great service, food and prices!

• Stayed October 2013
Chesham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have just spent the night at Quorn Country Hotel. This is a lovely quiet hotel, clean, comfortable with friendly polite staff and spacious rooms. Free WiFi works a treat, breakfast is good. Good value. Perfect

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Barcelona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

I am currently lying in bed in this hotel feeling like tearing out my hair. Stayed Wednesday and Thursday nights and despite the impressive architecture and friendly staff, was disappointed by many details such as tired decor in bedrooms, heating off in the sitting room to the suite, finding an old pair of knickers in the less than clean wardrobe, not one clean table for breakfast both days, orders mixed up, utensils missing and a design fault with the kettle that led to my being splashed with boiling water (was anything damaged asked the receptionist, surely she meant was anyone hurt?)... for my sins & because we booked this place so we could attend family wedding, I returned tonight. The Bride actually left from here on Friday and to the member of staff who asked could they have a photo for their brochure, NOT LIKELY.

Upon returning tonight I discovered that they were hosting a wedding of their own. The music is so loud it is reverberating and the radiator is literally vibrating. The wifi is not working. To make it worse, I got into bed to discover, bearing in mind I have a stuffy nose and can't smell much, the odour of the linen was foul. Someone came and knocked on the door, "How are you?" he asked. "I understand there's a problem with one of your towels". Well I wasn't surprised if the receptionist couldn't hear me over the music.

Having understood my problem, the man went away and returned with half a set of fresh linen and started to change the sheets. I asked him when the music ended and he said 12. Well it's quarter past & it's still going on. I did mention that with music this loud it would be a courtesy to mention in advance or even that they shouldn't sell rooms at all. He said they couldn't tell people because of data protection. Have you ever heard such rubbish? I cannot believe this place. If I weren't so completely tired I would leave. As it is, I thought since I clearly won't be sleeping I would share my review.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Isobel W
Thank you for your feedback which I have shared with the team. We are a popular wedding venue subjecting the bedrooms to noise until midnight during the weekends. Whilst this is stated on our bedroom confirmations, our website & also on our 3rd party websites, I would like to offer my apologies that you were not aware of this. The housekeeping team pride themselves in their attention to detail and I apologise for the lapse in service during your stay.

Travelers are raving about these Loughborough hotels

Whitstable, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Have just spent four weeks at the Quorn Country Hotel and found it to be excellent and good value. The rooms are well presented, food excellent and service unobtrusive.
An excellent and professional atmosphere with Laura and her team very efficient, always happy and willing to help.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

A very warm welcome was extend by Jamie and his team which continued throughout our visit. The team are very child friendly and with a 2 & 4 year old in tow that's very important to us. The meal was ok, beef a little overdone for our liking, veggies not very exciting. Puddings were excellent. We really enjoyed our experience in what is a lovely hotel in a beautiful setting with very well maintained grounds.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments. I am pleased that the team made your Sunday lunch an enjoyable experience for all and that you were able to experience our delightful grounds. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Loughborough
Quorn Grange Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rothley
Premier Inn Loughborough Hotel
Premier Inn Loughborough Hotel
#1 of 12 in Loughborough

Been to Quorn Country Hotel? Share your experiences!