“Fab afternoon tea”

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Loughborough
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Fab afternoon tea”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I don't know where the othe preppie that have given a poor review went, maybe they went to a local cafe by accident!

I have just returned home after a glorious afternoon tea at the Quorn. Service was impeccable glass of wine bought to us as soon as we sat down. Then a big pot of tea.

The afternoon tea was served a few minutes later and the filled sandwiches were delicious with thick sliced ham, massive home baked scone with cream and jame and some other cake selections. I was stuffed at the end of it and thoroughly enjoyed by my partner and I.

Would defo return again.

• Stayed July 2013
GeneralManagerQuorn, General Manager at Quorn Country Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your afternoon tea experience & we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Leicestershire
Reviewed July 10, 2013

What started off as a birthday treat for a friend turned into an embarrassing fiasco !!..I booked the 'Afternoon Tea' thru' Groupon and paid £19.95 special offer.
We arrived at our allocated time of 2.30pm and we were shown to a table by a very friendly young waiter. When the 'Tea' arrived there were 6 very small sandwiches 3 hard half inch square pieces of cake each and one hard scone each with which we had to share a small jar of jam and a small coffee cup full of cream. We were struck dumb by the fact there was little choice and not much.Then the pot of tea served was very weak so I asked for another teabag. The lovely waiter went off,ten minutes later he returned rather embarrassed and said that the hotel had run out of teabags !!!!!....How does a Hotel that offers afternoon tea run out of teabags!!??...We had a pot of coffee instead that was too strong so we couldn't drink it. I complained to the hotel and was advised the Manager , who wasn't available, would contact me...He NEVER has.( that's a shock)..and yes I left numerous numbers !!....If I had paid £40, which is the standard charge for their Afternoon Tea with sparkling wine for 2 and got what I had received the Police would have had to be called..and believe me the several people sitting around us were not impressed either...It wasn't worth the £19.95 so please don't think it was a deal,..afternoon tea is afternoon tea !!...Don't go here..Go elsewhere for better choice,value quantity..oh yes...and they never run out of teabags!!!!....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Gorgeouslovely
GeneralManagerQuorn, General Manager at Quorn Country Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time & trouble to post such a comprehensive account of your visit. I am pleased that we have since been able to discuss your comments on the telephone.

Travelers are raving about these Loughborough hotels

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I took my wife for afternoon tea on her birthday. We were nicely welcomed, provided with a drink and after 10 minutes shown to a table. So far so good. I asked for one of the cups to be changed as it was dirty. The tea pot was equally scruffy and the spout cracked. The cups did not match the saucers and the plates were of yet another vaiety.
Six sanwiches of the size of "soldiers" I would give to a child with the bread hardened on the outside, clearly they had been left standing somewhere. The scones were very good but one small pot of jam between two of us meant we had to use it sparingly. Lots of cream! The other cakes were passable, just.
At £40 for the two of us I doubt they will have our custom again. The whole "experience" lasted just 30 minutes, but I will ensure my wife gets a decent meal tonight.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Maturetraveller_1948
GeneralManagerQuorn, General Manager at Quorn Country Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit. We care very much about our guest's experiences whilst at the hotel and with this in mind I kindly ask you to contact me directly at your earliest convenience.
leicester uk
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were greeted warmly by all the staff when we turned up for afternoon tea a couple of days ago, it was a treat for our friend from her family for us four friends together we were delited with it. It did work out i believe to £10 each, a little steep. However, for that we had three finger sandwiches each, there was a mixture of brown and white bread, with a choice of cucumber, ham, egg mayo, cream cheese and salmon, they were my personal favorites, i do think one more would be a good idea, three little cakes each were a couple of bites, size, or just one bite if your a man. They were, carrot cake, lemon drizzle? My favourite, and a tart filled with a dark chocolate fondant and a quarter of a strawberry on top. Then we had a whole warm scone, jam and cream, no butter, they may of given us some had we asked, as they were a little on the dry side, not stale though, squirty cream I think that was, not clotted cream. We had two pots of coffee as we all wanted coffee, but as one of us wanted decade they happily brought us a third pot, we could of had tea, and were asked if we wanted anymore. the room was very nice with tables laid out ready, it was a beautiful day so was very warm in the room, we bought a cold drink each and took them to sit down by the river, were the geese came to join us, it did need a bit of weeding between the paving stones, but did not detract from us having a lovely afternoon together. All in all I would recommend it, and all the staff were very pleasant, polite and most helpful, and we were asked on leaving if everything was alright and to our satisfaction.

Room Tip: We didn't stay over in the rooms,
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was a second visit for a group of us on business involving an overnight stay, business meeting and sandwich lunch, all in the hotel.

On the one hand, the rooms are very comfortable and well appointed (notwithstanding that the televisions did not work in two of the allocated rooms) and the hotel is well located in the village of Quorn, although I am not sure why the Hotel has 'Country' in its title.

On the other hand, the service was very slow in the restaurant. Maybe a Sunday evening is not the best night for a group of 16 or so people to dine, but we were the only people in the restaurant. The hotel also has the feel of being somewhere geared up for the wedding market. As for using the Charnwood Library for our meeting, we found the lighting to be completely inadequate, because of a broken light fitting, which the Hotel knew about. It was the same room as allocated previously for our meeting, when there were similar problems, which we assumed would have been rectified. On complaining, we were advised that we had requested the same meeting room, but that we could have had one of the rooms in the Conference Centre had we asked. The word 'speechless' came to mind, not so much because we did not even realise there was a Conference Centre, but that the hotel did not think it fit to mention it when they knew the lighting was problematic. As for the requested sandwich lunch - inadequate, but then the lighting was also such that you could not see what was in the sandwiches.

Our subsequent written complaint was dealt with very courteously and with the offer of a discount on a future booking rather than any money deducted from the bill. Sadly, we shall not be able to avail ourselves of the discount because we shall not be rushing back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManagerQuorn, General Manager at Quorn Country Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in April. The lighting situation in the library was addressed soon after your visit and I am pleased to say is still in good working order. I am aware that aspects of your visit failed to hit the mark and for that I wish to offer my apologies again and also reaffirm my goodwill gesture offered at the time.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had the afternoon tea today as part of a birthday celebration. We used our voucher from Travelzoo. There was a nice selection of sandwiches, to die for cakes and scones. We opted for the glass of Prosecco and there was plenty of tea flowing. The staff were very professional and made us feel very special. Thank you

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank LavaLulu
GeneralManagerQuorn, General Manager at Quorn Country Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit for afternoon tea. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed everything about your experience. Our guests and their time spent at the hotel is very important to us and I am pleased you felt this whilst you were here. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

stayed here for a recent party rooms have a lovely dig king sized bed and are a good sized but smell a little musty. Opening the windows sorted that out. Friendly helpful reception staff the the breakfast service could have been better. the food though was good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Loughborough
Quorn Grange Hotel
#8 of 12 in Loughborough
Ramada Loughborough Hotel
Ramada Loughborough Hotel
#12 of 12 in Loughborough

Been to Quorn Country Hotel? Share your experiences!