“SUNDAY LUNCH”

Quorn Country Hotel
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Loughborough
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Went here for Sunday lunch 26.05.13 very nice grounds pleasent interIor , The food was ok but the service from staff was appalling , left to wait for over 15 mins to order a drink then an evern longer wait to get a menu and order lunch hence i could not recomend this place and i will not be returning

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rugbyguys
GeneralManagerQuorn, General Manager at Quorn Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Thank you for your comments.
I am pleased that you found the hotel's grounds to be very nice & the interior pleasant. We are proud of our high level of customer service & AA rosette awarded food but it is clear that you did not feel you received this high standard on this occasion and for that I would like to offer my apologies.
I have discussed your visit with the team. We very much appreciate our guests taking the time to review their visits to the hotel.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

i have read few reviews about the quorn country hotel and to be honest i do not agree about some off theme i have been there so many times for afternoon tea, dinners and sometimes just for coffee in few occasions the hotel was busy with afternoon tea service and Sunday lunch i never ever had a bad experience at all from food to service, but i have noticed that the place is much cleaner and looked fresh, staff are very polite and professional and go the extra miles to make sure every one is happy, in fact i'm thinking to book my dad is birthday party there as i was there while they had wedding in the bar area and it look very nice,so here we go this my opinion about this beautiful hotel and the reviews and the bad comments and i will diffidently recommended it to any one to visit one more thing is cheap and cheerful with good service and good food, i have put this review because peoples judge so quickly, go again and see your self,what i'm talking about.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManagerQuorn, General Manager at Quorn Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I have passed your kind comments on to my team.

I am pleased that you enjoy regular visits and that you have first hand experience of the improvements the new team have made since their arrival in 2012.

We very much look forward to hosting your Dad's birthday celebration.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Had a meal here via a travelzoo voucher. We were very disappointed with the outcome. The food was average but well presented. He room was very hot the service was quite slow and the waiting staff spilt the drinks over our table on the way to taking us to our seats but they replaced them so that did not go down very well as we were celebrating our ruby wedding anniversary and I chose to come here as I wanted it to be a special evening. We were not charged for the replacement drinks at the end of the meal. We had to wait about twenty minutes ar the reception for the final extras bill. Overall very upset about the whole evening.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 01Freckles

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent meal in the Shire's restaurant.

I am pleased the waiting staff apologised for the spilling of your drinks by organising them to be replenished, complimentary. We are proud of our restaurant AA rosette award and I am truly sorry that you felt you did not receive this standard of food. I do hope this will not deter you from visitng the hotel in the future.

Please accept my congratulations on your ruby wedding anniversary.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

on arrival receptionist told us to go through, we stood hesitantly at the door to the orangery, a waitress saw us but didnt appear to acknowledge us untill we approached her. Had a glass of prosecco outside but table and chairs were rusty and there were weeds all around. Afternoon tea was very nice, fresh and tasty, good portions of jam and cream for home-made scones. The orangery was nice and airy and tables were fresh with nice linens. The waitress was fast and attentive. would have scored higher if we had been acknowledged/welcomed on arrival.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I visited the Quorn Country Hotel yesterday afternoon with three friends to experience their afternoon tea. We had purchased some vouchers on Wowcher so thought it was the perfect opportunity to try it out, as we were celebrating two birthdays last weekend.

The experience went downhill very quickly - the champagne that had been advertised as part of the package was actually Prosecco, a much cheaper alternative. We had been planning on purchasing additional champagne to add to the celebratory mood of the afternoon, however they actually didn't even have any on their menu so we purchased a bottle of Prosecco instead which was rather overpriced at £32 a bottle. Both the Prosecco and afternoon tea took a very long time to arrive and when it did we had to send back the clotted cream that came with our afternoon tea as the ramekin that it came in was absolutely filthy. When the replacement finally came it was whipped cream that had not been whipped very well. The scones were also stodgy and unappetising and the sandwiches stale.

We finished our afternoon tea and decided to order a second bottle of the Prosecco to enjoy in the garden however from the time our cream had been replaced no staff members had set foot into the orangery, not even to come and clear our dirty plates from in front of us so I had in search of somebody to order out additional bottle. I was told by the barmaid (who didn't feel the need to apologise for the fact that we had been left waiting) that our waitress had gone home with no replacement to look after our table, so we had basically been abandoned! We then waited a very long time for our Prosecco to arrive, again, and when I decided to pay the bill so that we could leave I waited at the bar for a further 10 minutes before any staff members made an appearance. When someone finally arrived I again did not receive an apology for being left waiting.

We then left, our dirty plates were still cluttering our table and felt very disappointed by how poor the service had been. It was very clear to us that they saw us as 'voucher' customers who had just picked up a cheap deal and weren't worth the time or effort it would have taken to look after us properly. I have been for afternoon tea at other establishments in the past and so had been expecting impeccable service and an elegant experience however the whole thing felt cheap and extremely disappointing.

I think that they completely misunderstood the point of Groupon/Wowcher experiences - to encourage new customers to visit with a good deal, and then impress them with great service so that they will be tempted to come back in the future as full paying customers. They failed massively in this respect as none of my party will be visiting again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Leah S

Thank you for your review. I appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post such a comphrensive account of your experience.

We pride ourselves on the service we deliver to our guests, but clearly we were not up to standards during your visit and for that I would like to apologise to you personally. Therefore I kindly ask if you could contact me directly.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

For several years our family have met annually for a reunion, and this year we chose the Quorn Country Hotel. We were not disappointed. All four bedrooms our family were allocated were spacious, well equipped, comfortable and warm. The bathrooms were particularly good. Breakfasts were cooked to order and were very appetising. The dinner menus unfortunately were exactly the same on both evenings, and although the chicken and lamb were cooked to perfection the grilled plaice was full on bones and very poor quality. This was disappointing, and in view of other guest reviews the Hotel should address this problem. However, overall we thoroughly enjoyed our weekend at the Hotel and will certainly return again next year for our family reunion.

Room Tip: Recommend Rooms 202 to 208
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback which I have shared with my team.

I was delighted to hear that all of your family found their rooms spacious & comfortable and that you enjoyed your breakfast with us. We are mindful that some guests stay with us for more than one night and strive to vary the menus. I would like to offer my apologies for the oversight on this occasion. We have since removed the grilled plaice dish.

My team & I look forward to seeing you & your family again next year.

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Went for dinner on Thursday evening. Menu very limited so i had the grilled plaice . It was full of bones and when the waiter asked if everything was ok I mentioned about the bones in the fish but the waiter never offered to change it or get it filleted . The sweet was ok but won't be going back , we were just glad we had purchased a discount voucher .

• Stayed: April 2013

Our guest's feedback is very important to us so thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I have passed your comments onto the restaurant team & chef brigade and we have since removed the grilled plaice dish from our menu.