“A comfortable stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Loughborough
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“A comfortable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed here for a night on business and for a meeting. The staff were very courteous and efficient, and the service was good. Having arrived late, I managed to get a meal in the bar just before they stopped serving at 9pm. The food was of a good quality. Rooms were large and well appointed, with a bed that was especially comfortable. Breakfast was okay - nothing special, but adequate. The hot food was cooked to order. Fruit was a little thin on the ground, but I may have gone in after an earlier rush.

The only negative points were the dark wood panelling around the hotel, but that was purely not to my taste, and the sign outside of the hotel was unlit, hence I missed the turning into the car park.

In sum, a comfortable stay and I would be very happy to return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerQuorn, General Manager at Quorn Country Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for your comments which I have shared with the team.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found the beds here especially comfortable. The front signage lighting issue has been followed up with the maintenance team and has now been rectified.

We very much look forward to your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Have visited twice now for afternoon tea, and have been underwhelmed both times. The hotel charges premium prices despite offering a meagre selection of sandwiches, scones and cakes, with some of the latter obviously bought in (and chopped into tiny portions).

We were given three small finger-sized sandwiches each - with no choice of filling or bread - and this meant that the vegetarians in our group had only one sandwich each. The scones are freshly-baked and great tasting, but are rather small. Sizewise, the cakes you're given are similar to the brownie bites you can buy in tubs of 20 from Sainsbury's for less than £2, and are not much better quality.

The dining room in which you have the tea is pleasant enough, though that depends on how much of a tolerance you have for the Magic FM playlist re-imagined on the pan pipes.

The staff are mostly pleasant, though we had to wait in the reception for over 5 minutes the last time we came before someone actually served us.

If you're after a nice afternoon tea, you could do far better - and far cheaper - than Quorn Country Hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Roborovsky93
Thank you for your feedback. Our guest's comments are invaluable to us.

I am happy to hear that you found our Orangery & staff pleasant & enjoyed the homemade scones. I have passed on your comments about their size to the Head Chef. Likewise, the cakes we serve with the afternoon tea are also homemade by our chef brigade.

Please accept my apologies that we were unable to greet you, on arrival, on this occasion.

Travelers are raving about these Loughborough hotels

Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

what a lovely hotel set in lovely grounds, very friendly staff very helpfull, i stayed b&b for a freinds wedding & had a great weekend. The room was great very clean, quiet & good facilitys, the breakfast was great full english & a great selection to choose from. I would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManagerQuorn, General Manager at Quorn Country Hotel, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments which I have passed on to my team.

We look forward to seeing you again at the hotel very soon.
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Well after reading some of the other reviews, didnt know what .to expect. Having been once before for afternoon tea ( which was very nice) We were on a kgb deal and to be honest have been to some really quite poor ones. We were greeted on arrival by Alice, VERY pleasent young lady, we had a small problem with the tv in the bedroom ( England rugby match had to watch) Alice sorted us out straight the way giving us another room ( thanks Alice) Room was lovely and clean and warm very nice, plenty of hot water. Had diner in the orangery lovely setting and really tastey meal. Also had duo of pork, not dry at all and a nice sauce with it. Very pleasent and friendly young lady served us our meal. All in all would go back again enjoyed it, yes its quite oldey worldy but it suits it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maza1958
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your kind words regarding the team. I have passed your comments on and they are very much appreciated.

I am thrilled to hear that your stay with us exceeded your expectations and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed over night for business as I was attending a two day course. The conference/training facilities were good and the staff very helpful. The hotel itself seemed a little understaffed, it was quiet but I had to hang around in reception and went looking for somebody to check me in; whilst I was doing that I met a man who was looking for somebody to serve him in the bar.
The food in the restaurant has good intentions but doesn't quite make it. I think they would be better off doing slightly simpler things very well rather than stretching themselves and just missing the mark. For starter I had duck terrine which was so cold I could not taste anything, main course was a duo of pork (belly and medallions of loin) but this was very dry indeed and there was no moistening sauce/gravy. The dessert was the star, a fantastic lemon curd parfait with raspberry sorbet, it tasted like the most delicious buttery lemon curd ever.
The rooms are very nice but overall I got the feeling that not enough money/attention is paid to small things that need fixing, in several places around the buildings I saw small areas of wallpaper that were peeling and needed sticking back down, it gives the building an uncared for feel.
Having said all of the above I would stay again, it is just a shame that the small things make quite an impact on the overall effect.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
East midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

We went to the Quorndon restaurant yesterday evening with two friends for a Valentine's meal. It was a special offer the hotel had advertised in the local paper. The whole experience was a delight. The service in particular was notably good with the two male waiters really proving outstanding, not just serving us the food, but attending to us in a way that I haven't experienced in a long time. We were made to feel quite special (and left a well-deserved larger than usual tip).

The food was the equal of the service. The rump steaks whilst a bit overly fatty around the edges looked initially less appealing than they proved to be - clearly that little bit of fat added a very great deal to the taste: they were simply as tasty as any we've had anywhere, cooked to perfection. The presentation of all the food was top notch; the hand cut chips were something rather special and I don't know what the chef did with the roasted vine tomatoes but my, they were very tasty indeed. My starter of duck terrine was mouth-wateringly tasty, and the broccoli and stilton soup everyone else had was its equal in quality and taste. The deserts seemed all home made and, again, were really extra special in both taste and presentation.

This was a meal we will remember and, owing to the offer, at a very good price indeed. We'll be returning for sure. Our congratulations to the chefs and the staff. Splendid work all of you!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your meal in the Shire's restaurant.

The Head Chef & the staff were delighted to hear that your whole experience was a delight and we very much look forward to seeing you all again very soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Id like to thank the guys who work here, as they were so very polite and friendly with us.
I took my girlfriend here as an early valentines gift for the night, which included a 3 course meal and a breakfast.
Our room was tidy, nicely presented, HUGE and warm. Much more than expected.
Being a chef, the meal was the big question for me... But yes, it was superb! Neatly presented, and beautiful flavours. Great value also. The wine was great as well!
The next morning we were late for breakfast and staff had packed away... BUT out of there kindness they still offered us the menue and sat us down.
I have got to say, I was very impressed with this hotel and shall be returning.

A massive thankyou to all of the staff who made mine and Emily's stay more than perfect.

Will Poulton & Emily

• Stayed February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you taking the time to write a review.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to make it perfect for you and your girlfriend. I have passed your comments onto the team.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Loughborough
Quorn Grange Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rothley
Premier Inn Loughborough Hotel
Premier Inn Loughborough Hotel
#1 of 12 in Loughborough

Been to Quorn Country Hotel? Share your experiences!